Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

1day...I wonder if there is some way we can psyche ourselves into not stressing about the eating bad, not exercising, not reaching the goal we want to be at and let it go. Then maybe we will reach our goals because we aren't obsessing about them. I haven't figured that one out either. I think the stress we put ourselves under doesn't help either.

I wish there was a way to forget and let it go. I do real good then bam I hit a wall and jump off the wagon so to speak.

Mornin' Girls (almost afternoon)

How's everyone's Monday going?

Great....thinking of you today and anxious to hear how things are going for you.

Cold and wet here today. Has dropped down the the low 40's this past week. Furnace has been running. Making cold weather food today. lunch for my crew today is homemade split pea/ham/carrot Soup and have a pot of chicken/cheese/brocolli soup on the stove. (All fat free)...will share the recipe is anyone wants it.

Phyll...DH's parents spent about six months out of the year down in AZ. I know it was tough on them leaving the kids (7) but was the best thing they did for themselves. DH's mom is very anti-social and dad is overly social. His mom actually made friends and was sooooooooooo good for her. She's one that does not have someone around here that she can call friend (sad). Enjoy it as long as you can. They did 22 yrs down there until DH's mom started dialysis 6 yrs. ago.

Just checking in b/4 I serve my guys in a few minutes. Feeling so much better today. Singing while working around the house. Said my goodbyes yesterday and got it over with. Good friends are always in your heart even if you are not with them. Like you guys!

drive by post just to let you know I am a live.... I read a little this morning but haven't had a chance to post - too busy at work today...

TTTL

Mornin' Girls (almost afternoon) How's everyone's Monday going?

Great....thinking of you today and anxious to hear how things are going for you.

Cold and wet here today. Has dropped down the the low 40's this past week. Furnace has been running. Making cold weather food today. lunch for my crew today is homemade split pea/ham/carrot Soup and have a pot of chicken/cheese/brocolli soup on the stove. (All fat free)...will share the recipe is anyone wants it.

Phyll...DH's parents spent about six months out of the year down in AZ. I know it was tough on them leaving the kids (7) but was the best thing they did for themselves. DH's mom is very anti-social and dad is overly social. His mom actually made friends and was sooooooooooo good for her. She's one that does not have someone around here that she can call friend (sad). Enjoy it as long as you can. They did 22 yrs down there until DH's mom started dialysis 6 yrs. ago.

Just checking in b/4 I serve my guys in a few minutes. Feeling so much better today. Singing while working around the house. Said my goodbyes yesterday and got it over with. Good friends are always in your heart even if you are not with them. Like you guys!

Would love to have your FF soup recipes! Had some good soup last week at a place called The Cabbage patch and their signature soup... Cabbage patch soup, was basically chili... but thin like soup, and had cabbage in it along with some burger and tomatoes and kidney Beans. It was very good!

Broccoli cheese Soup

Bring 2 cans FF chicken broth to a boil and add:

2 cups diced carrots

1 medium chopped onion

1 average size can small butter Beans

Cook till soft (steam on low heat). Blend the above in blender. Be careful if mixture is still hot.

Steam 4 cups broccoli...drain and add 2 cups FF shredded cheddar and 1 cup FF sour cream, 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp minced or powered garlic.

Add two cups diced chicken. Pour blended mixture over broccoli mixture. I heat in microwave as to not break up the broccoli and to not scorch Soup on stove top. Enjoy!

Split Pea/Ham Soup

2 cups (about 1lbs) dried split peas

5 Bay Leaves

10 cups water

2 cups shredded carrots

1 medium chopped onion

1 tsp onion powder

2 teaspoons dried marjoram

2 cups chopped celery

4 cups frozen cauliflower

3 cups cubed lean ham

Mix all ingredients in stock pot. Bring to boil, stirring every couple of minutes. Stir from the bottom as peas will sink. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Stir every 10 minutes or so. Takes about 1 1/2 hours. You know the Soup is done when peas are soft and blend in. (Cauliflower will get mushy and you will barely notice it in soup)

275 cals per 16 oz serving. Guesstimating 17 gr Protein.< /span>

Another BTW....I have a little trick if you tend to like your Soups a little thicker or you might have gotten too much liquid in the mixture. I add about 1/2 cup of Potato Buds to the Soup after it is cooked if I feel it is not thick enough. 1/2 cup Potato Buds has about 100 cals and will thicken the pot nicely.

Broccoli cheese Soup

Bring 2 cans FF chicken broth to a boil and add:

2 cups diced carrots

1 medium chopped onion

1 average size can small butter beans

Cook till soft (steam on low heat). Blend the above in blender. Be careful if mixture is still hot.

Steam 4 cups broccoli...drain and add 2 cups FF shredded cheddar and 1 cup FF sour cream, 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp minced or powered garlic.

Add two cups diced chicken. Pour blended mixture over broccoli mixture. I heat in microwave as to not break up the broccoli and to not scorch Soup on stove top. Enjoy!

Apples, How many calories in this soup and what amount for the calories? This looks good, I think I'll make it as soon as I finish the chicken enchalada soup I made yesterday. If you would like I have this one and another called chicken dupling soup I can share. I got the receipes from a weight lose/support group I used to go to.

Laura K

Apples, How many calories in this Soup and what amount for the calories? This looks good, I think I'll make it as soon as I finish the chicken enchalada soup I made yesterday. If you would like I have this one and another called chicken dupling soup I can share. I got the receipes from a weight lose/support group I used to go to.

Laura K

Sorry, but just didn't take the time to figure it out as far as cals go. It's just something I throw together. I imagine it's about the same as the other soup I listed.

Brownies are my weakness - I had 3 (small) pieces on Saturday after my Aunt's funeral that some lady made - they we really really good..

Soups sounds good - it's getting cold here - Soup weather..

Great/Lori - You have been in my prayers all day - Hugs...

Well gang - it's 8:30 - I need to go eat (pork tenderloin & cauliflower)

I promise to post tomorrow...

oh here's pic of my and my cousin Alfred and his wife Kathy.

Janet, nice pictures. Cold there? It's barely below 70 here at night....how cold is it there?

Diet was good today and walked for 40 minutes. Makes up for a weird weekend.

Quick post to check in. Hope everyone has a good night.

Eva

Hope everyone had a good Monday. Things were going well here until DH got into a p.....ing contest with the renters upstairs because they woke him up from a nap pounding around on the floor. Dad is light-footed, but mom and two teenage daughters are NOT. But... I keep telling him.... we picked a condo and we picked a DOWNSTAIRS condo. Have to learn to tolerate these things. But then he called the owner of the unit and got in to a shouting match with her on the phone about her renters! Beam me up, Scotty! I went next door during the phone call and visited with my neighbor and watched her eat her dinner! :thumbup::cursing:

:D

Good workout at PT today. I will have sore muscles tomorrow! Then went to Target and bought the new Wii Fit Plus. Tried it out for about 20 minutes this evening and I LOVE it! Updates your software and imports all you data and then you just use that disc from now on because all the old games are there plus a bunch of new ones. Tilt table has always been my favorite and there's a whole new set of advanced tilt table. I think I only got through 4 levels. It's quite challenging and tricky. One I got stumped on I couldn't figure out how to bounce the balls up to where the target holes were. Then there's a snowball war, segway that you ride around on the beach jumping over ramps and breaking beach balls to get points.

Been thinking about Great all day and praying for her. Hope we hear from her in the next day or so. Anxious to know how everything went.

Wow Janet you are beautiful, love the dress.

Octo, we are in the 30's & 40's at night now. Gosh I hate the cold weather, but is turning my thoughts to making Soup.

Phyls, that wii sounds cool. I have the regular wii fit and that is fun. I like the tilt board also.

Have a great day everyone.

Laura K