Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples, we go to Miller, SD which is pretty much in the center of the state. How far from SD are you? Last year we drove to Watertown to go to the Redlin museum and that was about 2 hours away. Would be great to meet you.

Janet, I am assuming by your post that you found an air fare to TX? I must've missed that you were going, but am glad you were able to work it out.

Great...we are about 2.5 hours from Watertown. Would be worth the trip to see you:thumbup:

Getting nervous about my surgery next week especially after the knee class yesterday. I felt so young, I was definitely the youngest person there having knee surgery.

Would definitely let your PCP know what's going on in his office and tell him you are thinking about changing doctors because of it. He needs to know how his staff operates!

As far as being the youngest.. yes, I guess it would be frustrating that you "wore out" your knee at that young age, but on the other hand... you age is on your side as far as recovery and rehab. I know how nervous you are, believe me! But you will not be sorry. I am so glad I did it and wish I'd pushed for it LAST year!! You have lots of support here! We're rooting for you, praying for you, keeping you in our thoughts, etc! HUGS, GF!!

Apples, we go to Miller, SD which is pretty much in the center of the state. How far from SD are you? Last year we drove to Watertown to go to the Redlin museum and that was about 2 hours away. Would be great to meet you.

Janet, I am assuming by your post that you found an air fare to TX? I must've missed that you were going, but am glad you were able to work it out.

Actually, Lori...after looking at the map, it's not such a big deal for me to drive even farther. You pick a place and a time and I will be there!:tongue2:

Hi there friends, I'm just home from my trip to the orthopedic Dr. They did x-rays of my shoulder.. Said the mechanics are just fine.. a little arthritus in there, but not to cause the pain... No tears or damage to the rotator cuff..... Otherwise, he thinks I have a mild case of calcific (sp) bursitus and some rotator cuff tendonitis.... Both of these would cause the night pain... I got a shot that will take 2-3 days to kick in and started some therapy.....No miracle cures... Dr. also said to continue with the chiropratic and acupuncture since they give me some relief... And I did finally get a call saying that the upper gi shows my band to be just fine.... So, all in all, I'm still where I was, but now I know there is no serious problem, just have to get the inflammation to leave....

Man, you all were so busy posting since I was here last... so much to remember....

Meredith, the realtor sounds like a dud... I'm guessing Phyl is right... thinks you are too young and dumb to be a serious buyer..... Find someone who appreciates you... Great, I understand being nervous about your surgery.. I have a friend who had both done at this age and does quite well.... I think you'll be fine... Apples, you once said that you love harvest time, so hope you are enjoying all the activity... We are in Beans and seeds here... DH didn't get home til 8:30 last night... black as night all over from the dirt.. They were having combine problems.... When do you leave for your last weekend at the lake then? Your trip to see Great sounds fun, wish I could join you... maybe we can think about a meeting sometime in Oct or Nov in Fargo.. How far is that for you???? 250 miles for me and I can see in happening pretty easy if you are still willing.... Janet, glad you are feeling back on track... a little fill after all this time might just be the ticket for you... I'm still just stuck here where I've been for quite some time... I tried the 5 day pouch test and lost a couple pounds but then had that dang barium x-ray and now I'm up 3... I think this problem is starting to exit, though, so maybe the weight will go again...

Well, it's cold here.... 37 this morning.. I need to do inventory on my closet... long pants are back and I have so few... DH told me to buy some, but that isn't an easy task.... Think I may still send for some so I can get the length I need..... But time to put summer clothes up... I'll miss my capris...... you all have a great day...... TTYL..............Julie

Julie..yes, I love harvest time. Always have. Just doing soybeans right now. Not sure when corn harvest will start.

Happy to hear that your shoulder pain is not a mechanical problem. Hoping that the shot gives you some relief in the near future.

Fargo is only 2 hours away for me. Let's see what we can do about meeting this fall. Would love a day trip up that way. Maybe there's a halfway point for both of us????

My trip was canceled for today. Needed here so will have to get it done tomorrow. Probably the only thing I do not like about farming is the unpredictibility. I am a "schedule" person. So, up early again tomorrow to plan and make meals and then hit the road.

Really difficult to find long length pants in the stores, Julie. I have noticed in the last year it's a little easier but I usually have to order online. I have a 34" inseam and am picky about how they fit in the hips and waist. I was able to do some clearance shopping at the end of last spring and am set for along time. Have you tried Fashion Bug? They have three different styles which depend on your body type. I was able to find the perfect fit with them. I think it's a choice of yellow, red or blue fit. It explains every fit to a tee. Give it a try.

BTW Julie....the Fashion Bug jeans and dress slacks are quite reasonable even when not on sale. I think at full price I paid $21 for jeans and $17 for the dress slacks. I like the quality and fit as well as my more expensive 7 for All Mankind jeans.

Apples, thanks for the pants tips.... Is this Fashion Bug a store or on-line... I've never heard of it......but of course I'm not much of a shopper.... so it could be in Bismarck and I wouldn't know it....

Yes, farming is an unpredictable life... just when you think you have it figured out........... a breakdown!!!!! or for us when I was a kid......it was the cows were out or some such thing.... I miss it sometimes.... We just hit the fringes anymore.....DH's job is for a big farmer and he is mostly a gopher and truck driver.... He'd much prefer the actual farming.... down in the dirt..... But it has kept him busy this summer and the $$ has come in handy.....

Enjoy the rest of the day... I'm sure your supper will be good, as usual.... I'm doing my closet as I thought.. Have a real mess right now.. A friend called and interrupted me to help her, so the mess is still there and Mimi will be here soon... Of course, messes and Mimi go hand in hand........lol................ Julie

Apples, thanks for the pants tips.... Is this Fashion Bug a store or on-line... I've never heard of it......but of course I'm not much of a shopper.... so it could be in Bismarck and I wouldn't know it....

Yes, farming is an unpredictable life... just when you think you have it figured out........... a breakdown!!!!! or for us when I was a kid......it was the cows were out or some such thing.... I miss it sometimes.... We just hit the fringes anymore.....DH's job is for a big farmer and he is mostly a gopher and truck driver.... He'd much prefer the actual farming.... down in the dirt..... But it has kept him busy this summer and the $$ has come in handy.....

Enjoy the rest of the day... I'm sure your supper will be good, as usual.... I'm doing my closet as I thought.. Have a real mess right now.. A friend called and interrupted me to help her, so the mess is still there and Mimi will be here soon... Of course, messes and Mimi go hand in hand........lol................ Julie

Pretty sure that Fashion Bug only has the long length online. At least that's what the clerk told me at the store I went to. I tried on in the store and loved the fit so went home and ordered the longs.

Have a fun day with Mimi.

Apples, I talked to Dh about possibly meeting up with you while back in SD, sounds great! Probably the day that will work best for us is the day after Thanksgiving, is that a problem? DS may be flying in to join us so we'll have to venture somewhere to pick him up anyway (probably Huron or Sioux falls). So cool!!

RE: long pants, I am 5'9 and need talls as well. I have good luck with Bass Pro shop's brand of jeans and also NY & Co carries some talls even in the stores and they fit well.

I guess since it's less than a week away, I have been consumed with thoughts of my surgery. I can't say that I am scared or 2nd guessing it though. I am anxious to have it done. DD offered her laptop for me to take to the hospital where they have free wifi so I should be good to go! LOL She'll have to show me how to use it, I've never used a lap top or wifi, can't be too much different.

Apples, I talked to Dh about possibly meeting up with you while back in SD, sounds great! Probably the day that will work best for us is the day after Thanksgiving, is that a problem? DS may be flying in to join us so we'll have to venture somewhere to pick him up anyway (probably Huron or Sioux falls). So cool!!

RE: long pants, I am 5'9 and need talls as well. I have good luck with Bass Pro shop's brand of jeans and also NY & Co carries some talls even in the stores and they fit well.

I guess since it's less than a week away, I have been consumed with thoughts of my surgery. I can't say that I am scared or 2nd guessing it though. I am anxious to have it done. DD offered her laptop for me to take to the hospital where they have free wifi so I should be good to go! LOL She'll have to show me how to use it, I've never used a lap top or wifi, can't be too much different.

Lori...will keep the day after Thanksgiving open. We'll work out the details closer to that date.

I've also found great deals on pants at NY&Co and find them to be nice pants. No Bass Pros in our area that I know of. I need the low rise pants also due to the fact that I am short waisted.

You will do fine with the laptop and will occupy some of the time spent in the hospital. We take ours to FL with us. Have to drive out of the National Forest for phone service so it is a great way for us to keep in contact with the DS's. You will feel so much better when this is behind you. I had my hernia surgery one year ago tomorrow....I was anxious but not afraid. Just wanted it over and on the road to recovery. Sounds similar to the way you feel. Just keep next summer in mind and how much better you will get around on your camping trips.

Hi all, Been doing great, feel wonderful with the weight coming off. It looks like I am going to be one of those that loose nothing then bam 3 to 4 lbs. I go to Dr the end of Oct. for my next fill. I had one in Sept but did not feel any different. I have been able to eat whatever I've wanted to. So it's been will power. Maybe he will leave a bit more in this time. Looks like you all have been very busy as usual. I don't like this cold windy weather we have been having. But I guess we can't stop it. Suppossed to get a hard frost tonight.

Take care all.

Laura K

Shopping for pants is a nightmare for me and I am desperately in need of some smaller sizes now! I am barely 5 ft tall, short waisted and still have "thunder thighs"! So must be petite, low-rise and relaxed fit! UGH!

Shopping for pants is a nightmare for me and I am desperately in need of some smaller sizes now! I am barely 5 ft tall, short waisted and still have "thunder thighs"! So must be petite, low-rise and relaxed fit! UGH!

Phyll...do you have a fabric shop in your area that does tailoring and sews for people? We have one in our little town that is great. You go in and pick out the fabric and pattern and just go in for the final fitting. It used to be so frustrating b/4 longs were available. I made my own slacks from the time I was a teen until just a few years ago. Too difficult to fit my bod!:(

Lori, you will do good. Just make sure you have a chair you can get in and out of. When my DH has his knees done all we had were low couches and rocker recliners. We ended up buying a lift chair since he had to go through two surgeries.

Take care and I will be praying for you.

Janet, the weather in Houston was in the 80's today, but I think it will be cool this coming weekend. Praying for you too!

Phyll...do you have a fabric shop in your area that does tailoring and sews for people? We have one in our little town that is great. You go in and pick out the fabric and pattern and just go in for the final fitting. It used to be so frustrating b/4 longs were available. I made my own slacks from the time I was a teen until just a few years ago. Too difficult to fit my bod!:(

Haven't really looked in to that. And don't want to spend too much money because I'm not at goal yet. I used to make a lot of my own clothes, and our kids' clothes when they were little. Oh... even in their teens sometimes. Made one daughter a long dress for prom. Remodeled my wedding gown for the youngest... took it completely apart, made alterations and put it back together! But... don't sew much these days. I just have to look and look to get those relaxed fit petites! Found a pair of casual Champion pants last week at Target, but need some dressier pants for church. Can get away with jeans at our church here but not so much at the RV park. Esp singing in the choir.

Lori, you will do good. Just make sure you have a chair you can get in and out of. When my DH has his knees done all we had were low couches and rocker recliners. We ended up buying a lift chair since he had to go through two surgeries.

Take care and I will be praying for you.

Janet, the weather in Houston was in the 80's today, but I think it will be cool this coming weekend. Praying for you too!

Excellent suggestion. I already had a lift chair (recliner) and it is perfect.

Walked in a cold drizzle today.. 1/2 mile. No cane, no pain. I love it!! Still need to do my other exercises.