Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet, I am here. Nothing to report. Still walking, journaling, and try to stay around 1000 calories, but I haven't done so good in that department. I still eat 1100-1200calories. I know I need to make different choices. Have you eaten the Smart Ones with fruit in them? I love them and the Protein is near 20g.

I think that after a year the ole metablolism is at a crawl. I am a little frustrated. I can't wait to go get the metabolism test done. Meanwhile, I bought DH some 2x shirts( down from 3x) and they are loose. He has gone down 2 pant sizes. I am so glad he had gastric bypass. He feels so good. It is so much easier to stay on plan when the whole house is eating the same way.

Okay, girl.........that's all for today! I will be checking in.

I wish I could exercise in the morning - if I were retired I would go to the gym at least 5 days a week - around 7-8 a.m - I have the energy then and am least likely to talk myself out of it in the mornings..

Well, I don't know about 7 a.m., but that will be a big advantage of going from home PT to outpatient. Facility I want to use is about a block away.. I can go on my scooter and they open at 7 a.m. I have to make appointments, but I will be more in control of the schedule.. I think he said he was going to ask doc for 2X a week for 6 weeks. I'd rather go 3X a week for fewer weeks. He did say he didn't think I would need six weeks, but wants doctor to approve that many. But I will go in the morning, and on more convenient days than Monday and Wednesday. And Sam is ALWAYS late.

Hello girlies~

Busy week- glad it's Wednesday! Yesterday was Nelson's first day of Taekwondo! OMW.. so cute in his little white uniform. He was really excited and said he loved it. I wanted him to start last year and he didn't show interest. I am glad I waited.

Went to the new gyn today. They are going to do an ultrasound on Friday. She thinks I might have fibroids. (to explain the heavy TOM). She thinks the couple months I missed was due to the weight loss that caused me not to ovulate. I then have to have a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy- just to be on the safe side (and since my mom had Stage 3 edometrial cancer). I had to have that done once when I was going through IVF. Not fun but necessary.

Hello to everyone. Promise to write more tomorrow- just wanted to update and say hello.

peasout~ Laura

Hello girlies~

Busy week- glad it's Wednesday! Yesterday was Nelson's first day of Taekwondo! OMW.. so cute in his little white uniform. He was really excited and said he loved it. I wanted him to start last year and he didn't show interest. I am glad I waited.

Went to the new gyn today. They are going to do an ultrasound on Friday. She thinks I might have fibroids. (to explain the heavy TOM). She thinks the couple months I missed was due to the weight loss that caused me not to ovulate. I then have to have a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy- just to be on the safe side (and since my mom had Stage 3 edometrial cancer). I had to have that done once when I was going through IVF. Not fun but necessary.

Hello to everyone. Promise to write more tomorrow- just wanted to update and say hello.

peasout~ Laura

Laura, I had endometrious (sp) didn't even know it until I went off the pill to get preg. Then problems started. Same thing happend before both kids. Went thru D & C, lap. lasar treatment for it, then drug therapy and finally a hysto, complete at 29 yrs. Best thing that could of happened after all that, don't miss TOM at all.

I bet Nelson looked so cute.

Meridth, great job on all the exercise, you're going to be so buff after this semester.

Janet, you've inspired me to journal my food and walk on my tread mill everyday.

Have a great day ladies.

Laura K

Janet, I am here. Nothing to report. Still walking, journaling, and try to stay around 1000 calories, but I haven't done so good in that department. I still eat 1100-1200calories. I know I need to make different choices. Have you eaten the Smart Ones with fruit in them? I love them and the Protein is near 20g.

I think that after a year the ole metablolism is at a crawl. I am a little frustrated. I can't wait to go get the metabolism test done. Meanwhile, I bought DH some 2x shirts( down from 3x) and they are loose. He has gone down 2 pant sizes. I am so glad he had gastric bypass. He feels so good. It is so much easier to stay on plan when the whole house is eating the same way.

Okay, girl.........that's all for today! I will be checking in.

Charlene - I understand the struggles - I have my own - My pants are fitting just a tad snugger - so you know what I am going to do... Tomorrow is mex food day - they deliver to the office $6 for 1 c Beans 1 cup rice and 2 enchilladas - now I can't eat it all (well the day it was relleno I did I ate the whole relleno 1/4 c Beans and 1/4 rice) Well tomorrow I am going to skip the mexican food and stick with my spinach/tuna salad - and I am going to the gym tomorrow night (Thrus & Fridays are my days off)

I keep thinking I need a tweak - but really - I need to be more aware of what I am eating it is so so easy to slip back into bad eating habits - I can't eat all the food but the food I am eating has more calories 500 for the mex food than my salad 240 cal-

I am Going to lunch w/gf on friday - but we will go have salad.

Well, I don't know about 7 a.m., but that will be a big advantage of going from home PT to outpatient. Facility I want to use is about a block away.. I can go on my scooter and they open at 7 a.m. I have to make appointments, but I will be more in control of the schedule.. I think he said he was going to ask doc for 2X a week for 6 weeks. I'd rather go 3X a week for fewer weeks. He did say he didn't think I would need six weeks, but wants doctor to approve that many. But I will go in the morning, and on more convenient days than Monday and Wednesday. And Sam is ALWAYS late.

Yes Phyl we know you aren't as early riser as I am - but you are up an about by 9 when you are here isn't that when your Water arobics starts... Ok why are you going to use your scooter instead of walking - is it a long block !!!

Hello girlies~

peasout~ Laura

I was wondering where you were - hugs on the gyno issues...

Laura, I had endometrious (sp) didn't even know it until I went off the pill to get preg. Then problems started. Same thing happend before both kids. Went thru D & C, lap. lasar treatment for it, then drug therapy and finally a hysto, complete at 29 yrs. Best thing that could of happened after all that, don't miss TOM at all.

I bet Nelson looked so cute.

Meridth, great job on all the exercise, you're going to be so buff after this semester.

Janet, you've inspired me to journal my food and walk on my tread mill everyday.

Have a great day ladies.

Laura K

Laura K and you inspire me to be more aware of what I am doiing - Like I have said before - I get just as much from you all as you do from me...

But GF I am a BIG BIG Beliver in a food diary - I weighed and measured all my food for the 1st few months and I kept my food diary till I reached my goal weight...

Ok gang I am going to go eat my dinner - Talk to you all in the morning hugs J

Well, I told the PT guy today... it's not 1/2 mile walk over there and I walked 1/2 mile yesterday so maybe I should just walk over. But he said NO... not across the highway (have to cross a busy 4 lane highway). He said TAKE THE SCOOTER! But... that's two weeks away yet... so I just may try it anyway. Another thing... driveway in to the condo is VERY STEEP and I am scared to death of trying to walk it. I told Earl today that I want him to help me try to walk down it with the cane and go across the street to Albertson's. But he nixed that idea, too. He said not yet! So... I have those two things to contend with.. steep driveway and busy 4 lane highway!

Thanks for your concern, everyone. Still a bit down today. I don't want to go in for a fill but I think I'm going to have to fairly soon.

I'm kind of up and down. Yesterday I had a great time singing at a rehearsal for my school's 125th birthday worship celebration. THen I came home and the "what ifs" started.

Today I made a great fish dinner. I took Tilapia, dusted it lightly with flour. and sprinkled it with Lawry's, chili powder, curry powder, ginger, and fresh ground black pepper. I sprayed my pan with olive oil and fried them up. A little lemon and mmmmm.

Then I went shopping. I'm in between an XL and an L. Neither looked right. The mirrors and lighting in the fitting rooms are absolutely unforgiving. My body's fat distribution has changed so much from the last time I lost weight. My upper stomach sticks out more than my abdomen, but the abdomen has the hanging skin. My thighs are thinner but unbelievably flabby and flappy. My legs are full of varicose veins. My butt has become the typical Dutch butt--wide and flat like the back end of a bus. Once upon a time my figure was hourglass.

That was depressing. I left the store and didn't buy anything.

Makes me want plastic surgery but I'll never be able to afford it. And I'm scared of the pain. Sounds worse than my knee surgeries, neck surgery, and my hysterectomy combined..

Gettin' old is a real bitch.

Edited by ifyourstomachoffendsyou

Well, I told the PT guy today... it's not 1/2 mile walk over there and I walked 1/2 mile yesterday so maybe I should just walk over. But he said NO... not across the highway (have to cross a busy 4 lane highway). He said TAKE THE SCOOTER! But... that's two weeks away yet... so I just may try it anyway. Another thing... driveway in to the condo is VERY STEEP and I am scared to death of trying to walk it. I told Earl today that I want him to help me try to walk down it with the cane and go across the street to Albertson's. But he nixed that idea, too. He said not yet! So... I have those two things to contend with.. steep driveway and busy 4 lane highway!

Ok - Ya a 4 lane highway is a whole nother story and that steep driveway - you don't want to injury your knee - so follow the pt orders - he knows better than us - if it was just a short block with a regular 2 lane road - I would say go for it - but since it's not I would say take the scooter..

Thanks for your concern, everyone. Still a bit down today. I don't want to go in for a fill but I think I'm going to have to fairly soon.

I'm kind of up and down. Yesterday I had a great time singing at a rehearsal for my school's 125th birthday worship celebration. THen I came home and the "what ifs" started.

Today I made a great fish dinner. I took Tilapia, dusted it lightly with flour. and sprinkled it with Lawry's, chili powder, curry powder, ginger, and fresh ground black pepper. I sprayed my pan with olive oil and fried them up. A little lemon and mmmmm.

Then I went shopping. I'm in between an XL and an L. Neither looked right. The mirrors and lighting in the fitting rooms are absolutely unforgiving. My body's fat distribution has changed so much from the last time I lost weight. My upper stomach sticks out more than my abdomen, but the abdomen has the hanging skin. My thighs are thinner but unbelievably flabby and flappy. My legs are full of varicose veins. My butt has become the typical Dutch butt--wide and flat like the back end of a bus. Once upon a time my figure was hourglass.

That was depressing. I left the store and didn't buy anything.

Makes me want plastic surgery but I'll never be able to afford it. And I'm scared of the pain. Sounds worse than my knee surgeries, neck surgery, and my hysterectomy combined..

Gettin' old is a real bitch.

Ok Cheri - I hear you on the body issues - naked I look like shit (pardon my french) the arms sag - the boobs look like something you see on national geographics - stomach sags - legs sag - hell even the skin on my calfs sag..

#1 - People don't see you nake - they see you with clothes on -

#2 All you need is some good foundation - a good bra for the girls - they are suppose to be between your shoulder and your elbow - right in the middle - then a good pair of spanx's or flexies or whatever brand of Shapewear you like.

#3 The saggy skin isn't going to kill you but that fat was going too... It's something that pisses me off when pple say they don't want to lose the weight due to the saggy skin issues - Well if your stomach is really bad - and you get rashes etc - that ps would be covered by your healthy insurance medically necessary -

So GF next time you go shopping or get out of the shower - look at your body and say - ya - it's not the body of a 22 yr old - but hell I'm not 22 anymore - but damn it sure looks better than it did without all that fat that use to occupy the space where the saggy skin is now..

I sorta think of my saggy skin as my badge of honor for all the weight I have lost... You gotta find the postitive and acknowledge that - and not focus on the negative stuff..

Well, Gang - my little angel woke me up at 4:10 this morning - I get up at 5 - so instead of going back to bed - or sitting watching tv - reading and drinking coffee - I got my butt dressed and hit the gym at 5 a.m. - did 3 miles in 48 minutes incline 4-5 speed 4 to 4.2 - burned 384 calories ... :)

Phyl-keep in mind, after you PT you may be darn glad you have your scooter! Also no reason to over stress the new knee.

Indio-look at you :eek: all virtous getting to the gym so early lol, good for you! So far I've avoided Mexican food since it's such a favorite. I watch Rick Bayless 'Mexico One Plate at a Time' on PBS, for some reason watching cooking shows helps me be 'good'.

Cherie-So sorry your dealing with a down time. I've just reached the point I can stand to 'peek' at my body after a shower....not a great sight rofl, but certainly the feeling better is worth the not looking so great.

Peas-sorry about your 'girly' trouble, hope you and your Dr can find the solution that makes you feel like a millon soon.

MEN!:smile2: Was watching a McD commercial last night and made the comment 'i WANT a cheeseburger'. All I really needed to hear was 'yeah they do look good on TV'. Instead got this whole 'well make a chicken burger, or get low fat burger and grill your own, eat it without the bun'. NO S*IT Shirlock, as if that hasn't been part of my life off and on for the last FORTY years....sheesh. Sorry about the rant but honestly! :thumbup: Next time I'll just come here to mention that something looked/sounded good. Hope everyone has a bright and happy day, mine started better with the scale headed in the right direction and a nice workout at the gym :eek:.

Gitrdone

I can't watch cooking shows - they make me want to eat - I love Paula Dean !!! Alton Brown and Guy Dive & Drive in - something like that - I love high fat - sweets... I remember when the food chanel 1st started and I watched it all the time - I gained weight - it wasn't that I was cooking their foods - but my own - but watching food make me want food.

Ya - Men - why can't a hamburger just look good - Hell - I am not a fast food eater to begin with - but those $6 burgers at Karl's always make me want one..

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get myself going, but I'm a bit weary... I did have Mimi today til 1:30......... She was in a good mood and it wasn't too hard on me... She slept til 8:30. I bought some new tables for my living room and they were delivered today. Had DH move some furniture before he went to work so I could get things the way I want them.. I really want to clean a bit and put up my fall decorations, but just can't get myself motivated... I had to stop and go measure some windows for a new renter in one of our commercial spots. She wanted to get new blinds. A new business moving in from out of town.... I also finished up the lease and got the keys ready.. They'll be here next Saturday to move stuff in and get ready to open.. So, I have accomplished some things, but just don't feel ambitious.. and I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I remember why I don't like this 5 day pouch test... I feel like I could knaw someone's arm off.... I guess I need to find some sort of snack..

Yeah, Janet, where is Apples????? She didn't say she would be out late did she??? Hope nothing happened... I couldn't workout at 5:00 AM if my life depended on it I don't think.... good for you....

Sounds like Phyll, you're getting good advice. Best to be careful now so you will be great later....

Gitr........I know what you mean about men.. sometimes they just don't get it at all............. Mine would have run out to get me a cheeseburger!!!!!

Well, better try to get something done... You all take care.. Julie

Janet, we were posting at the same time I guess.... I love to watch the food Network, too..... I love to watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives........ He's a hoot and the food is just amazing.. Having owned my own restaurant in another lifetime....I love to watch how they prepare their special items.... But, yah, it makes me hungry, too...

Janet, we were posting at the same time I guess.... I love to watch the food Network, too..... I love to watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives........ He's a hoot and the food is just amazing.. Having owned my own restaurant in another lifetime....I love to watch how they prepare their special items.... But, yah, it makes me hungry, too...

That's it !!!!- OMW the food looks so frigging good !!!- and in one meal enough calories for a weeks worth of food !!!!

But if I remember prior to traveling somewhere I would go look up that area and go to one of those places - I know he did one in San Diego a few weeks back...

I loved with Paula Dean's boys did there show road tasted - I ordered some cajun food from one of their shows - It's good !!!!

Apples is lurking !!!! Reading I would guess - we should hear from her shortly :0)

Janet, thanks for asking about me!

I'm here, had 4 pages to read just to catch up. I've just been so busy. I had 20 people here for dinner last night a 'Mexican fiesta' as a housewarming for my friends that are now neighbors. Tomorrow I leave for camping, today is DD's bday and also had my pre op checkup & lab work for the knee surgery. Oh and volunteered at the hospital yesterday, took Grandma shopping, got her RX's, etc. etc. etc. Looking forward to camping just to relax. I am praying I dont freeze to death and we have no bears. WE are going back to Rocky Mtn Nat'l park (sight of our last bear) to as my new neighbor calls it "watch elk porn". It's the rut and the bulls are a bugling and fighting' for mating rights to the harems. It's really quite spectacular. At dusk folks pull over all along the hwy in the park, get out their lawnchairs and just sit and watch the show. We got lucky last year and had one bull challenge another right in front of us. They banged racks, bugled, and fought. Funny things is while Bull #2 came and tried to steal Bull #1's girls, Bull #3 came and took Bull #2's harem so he had to go fight just to get back what he started with. Can males ever be happy?? He got greedy and about lost everything.

I tried on mother of the bride dresses on Monday while DD tried on wedding dresses. It really was quite amazing to see the dresses I was able to try on and the sizes. Reminder, I"ve not had a dress on this body in many many many years. Still hate my calves but a long dress can cover them! I hate my calves more than the arm jiggle.

Sorry I can't remember everything I read in 4 pages, after this weekend will try and keep up better. Thanks for missing me, Janet.