Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Bandiversary is tomorrow, Janet. But, thanks, I'll accept your congrats early!!!!!!!

You chicks look pretty hot in your size 2's! Enjoy the remainder of your time together.

Haven't heard from PJ and how you are doing after seeing the doc?????????? Just concerned.

Long..if you really want to meet your goal, why not try the five day pouch test to give yourself a kick into losing? Might be a way to get to that goal of yours.

Boy...do I ever pay for my days away. Hit the ground running at 4:30am and still on the run. We are spraying crops this week and have been in and out of my truck many times already today. Love it though...just don't ask me to calculate the chemical versus Water thing. That could be a disaster!!!!!!!

Janet...I think I have the same shirt you have on in the photo. Chicos?

Yep !!! Have in all color's except black - was going to get a black one yesterday but they didn't have my size and it looked a little washed out !!!!

Well, not working I don't know what day it is... I forgot it was tuesday and almost didn't get the trash out... If I didn't work - I think I would lose track of the day of the week...

Yep !!! Have in all color's except black - was going to get a black one yesterday but they didn't have my size and it looked a little washed out !!!!

Well, not working I don't know what day it is... I forgot it was tuesday and almost didn't get the trash out... If I didn't work - I think I would lose track of the day of the week...

Looks good on you...I love them because they are JUST long enough to cover "that" part of the arm. Sooooo funny, I have all colors except black cuz I have a similar JNY black one. Great minds think alike. Have a great day off!:wink:

good morning gang

apples - happy band-anniversary today !!! Wtg !!!

Meredith - wtg you are doing great - pre-op isn't easy- make homemade broth - it's so much better - save the meat and veggies for when you get to full liquids (freezed them) then thaw and blend....

Laura glad your sis is doing well - and that you are getting back into your exercise - my trainer says you gotta keep up with it or it's easy to lose

long - your 179 will come - i know how bad you want it - but remember 125 in 1 yr...

Well just a quick ck in before dd gets up - today is her last day - we were up till 1 last night - gotta be at the airport around 2:30 today

here's pic of me & dd in our size 2 pants...

two fabulous skinny chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everybody.... hope all is well.... things are wet here as it has been raining off and on for a couple days... DH didn't have to work, so we cleaned the garage this morning getting ready for the pie and ice cream social this weekend.. Now instead of smelling like dust and cats, the garage smells like strong oranges!! A big improvement... Tomorrow we make the mix and Thursday we will freeze the ice cream and then all that's left is to make my pies on Friday and actually have the event on Saturday.... I'm making Juneberry pie.... It's a local favorite, but we haven't had juneberries for years around here... My nephew's girlfriend got me some for this year... don't expect there will be leftovers... We will have about 50 pies total......hope they all go along with all the ice cream... We are making 14 batches of that....

I'm sure stuck in a rut with my band... I can't feel it much at all and I just don't have the right frame of mind... I'm stuck here and I don't like it at all... I'm always looking for something to eat.. So, I gain 2 pounds and then I lose 2 pounds.... Just can't get my groove back... I'm tempted to ask the PA to tell me to do the 2 week pre-op diet... Maybe if she tells me I'll stick to it and find a way back to losing... can't seem to do it myself....

Janet, glad to hear your visit with DD has been so good. The picture is wonderful.... I have no dreams of ever being a size two..... but it sure looks great on you!!!

Apples, you are such a wonder... Congrats on the "1 year" success.... You should be so proud... Glad to hear how happy you are with yourself... Would love to feel that for a while....

PJ......how are you doing???

Laura, you have a good attitude.. You and your sister are lucky to have each other....

Long, I think it's people like me who started at nearly 400 pounds who need to expect 3 years to get to goal... I've lost 95 pounds pretty fast, but now it doesn't want to come off... Figure it will take a while.. I'd love to be all done by my bandiversary, but that will never happen... Gotta be happy where I am and hope to get to a good place again soon when I get more restriction...

Well, Dh just came home soaking wet.... need to check on him and figure out something for his supper.. Baby is having a late nap and need to get her up before long... Take care all........... TTYL..............Julie

Hello all.

Last night I had a moment of weakness. I couldn't stand all of the sweet stuff anymore that they have me on for my pre-op liquids. I have never really been that big of a sweet eater anyhow, so to me this is not enjoyable. The boost is soooo sweet tasting! Anyways, back to my moment..... I ate 5 green olives! I feel really bad about it, but I needed something salty really bad. I don't think that 5 olives are going to kill me, and I stayed under 900 calories for the day, but I just needed to put this out there so I felt better. What do you think?

Mrs. Bubba- Wow! Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you with the ice cream and pies! Good luck with everything!

Janet- You look fantastic!!!! WOW a size 2! I cant even imagine how great you feel and how proud you must be of yourself. I can only pray that I am as successful as you have been!

Laura- Glad to hear that your sister is better. It will be great for her to get out and come to your house for a bit. You both will be a huge support for each other.

Apples- Happy bandiversary tomorrow!!!! You have done so well!

Ok, thats all for now. CBL.

-Meredith

p.s. I know I'm a little crazy about the olives thing. I just felt so guilty. I will get over it now!

Looks good on you...I love them because they are JUST long enough to cover "that" part of the arm. Sooooo funny, I have all colors except black cuz I have a similar JNY black one. Great minds think alike. Have a great day off!:wink:

Yep you got that right chickie (great minds) - I have been off since Friday - Oh how I could get use to the life of leisure :0) Back to work tomorrow ;0( - But really had a faboules time with my LBT DD Karri ....

two fabulous skinny chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Charlene !!!

Hey everybody.... hope all is well.... things are wet here as it has been raining off and on for a couple days... DH didn't have to work, so we cleaned the garage this morning getting ready for the pie and ice cream social this weekend.. Now instead of smelling like dust and cats, the garage smells like strong oranges!! A big improvement... Tomorrow we make the mix and Thursday we will freeze the ice cream and then all that's left is to make my pies on Friday and actually have the event on Saturday.... I'm making Juneberry pie.... It's a local favorite, but we haven't had juneberries for years around here... My nephew's girlfriend got me some for this year... don't expect there will be leftovers... We will have about 50 pies total......hope they all go along with all the ice cream... We are making 14 batches of that....

I'm sure stuck in a rut with my band... I can't feel it much at all and I just don't have the right frame of mind... I'm stuck here and I don't like it at all... I'm always looking for something to eat.. So, I gain 2 pounds and then I lose 2 pounds.... Just can't get my groove back... I'm tempted to ask the PA to tell me to do the 2 week pre-op diet... Maybe if she tells me I'll stick to it and find a way back to losing... can't seem to do it myself....

Janet, glad to hear your visit with DD has been so good. The picture is wonderful.... I have no dreams of ever being a size two..... but it sure looks great on you!!!

Apples, you are such a wonder... Congrats on the "1 year" success.... You should be so proud... Glad to hear how happy you are with yourself... Would love to feel that for a while....

Laura, you have a good attitude.. You and your sister are lucky to have each other....

Long, I think it's people like me who started at nearly 400 pounds who need to expect 3 years to get to goal... I've lost 95 pounds pretty fast, but now it doesn't want to come off... Figure it will take a while.. I'd love to be all done by my bandiversary, but that will never happen... Gotta be happy where I am and hope to get to a good place again soon when I get more restriction...

Well, Dh just came home soaking wet.... need to check on him and figure out something for his supper.. Baby is having a late nap and need to get her up before long... Take care all........... TTYL..............Julie

Julie - OK GF I'm telling you 2 days full liquids - 2 day mushies and then regular - You can do this - if you think you can't you won't - so no more excuses - think positively !!!!!

Hello all.

Last night I had a moment of weakness. I couldn't stand all of the sweet stuff anymore that they have me on for my pre-op liquids. I have never really been that big of a sweet eater anyhow, so to me this is not enjoyable. The boost is soooo sweet tasting! Anyways, back to my moment..... I ate 5 green olives! I feel really bad about it, but I needed something salty really bad. I don't think that 5 olives are going to kill me, and I stayed under 900 calories for the day, but I just needed to put this out there so I felt better. What do you think?

Mrs. Bubba- Wow! Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you with the ice cream and pies! Good luck with everything!

Janet- You look fantastic!!!! WOW a size 2! I cant even imagine how great you feel and how proud you must be of yourself. I can only pray that I am as successful as you have been!

Laura- Glad to hear that your sister is better. It will be great for her to get out and come to your house for a bit. You both will be a huge support for each other.

Apples- Happy bandiversary tomorrow!!!! You have done so well!

Ok, thats all for now. CBL.

-Meredith

p.s. I know I'm a little crazy about the olives thing. I just felt so guilty. I will get over it now!

Darling - pre op's a B - I was lucky 1 week and I could have fish and salad for dinner - otherwise I would not have made it - I like sweets but not that much - those olives aren't going to do any harm - but #1 you gotta really really follow the rules after surgery - ok.... Hugs J

OMG, Meredith....you ingested FIVE olives? ???????? #1...I don't think you will go to hell or anything like that. #2...Just try to be strong. It will all be behind you soon. As I said earlier, I cannot even remember my 14 days of liquids. My doc had me on clear liquids...nothing else. Those olives were just a little bump in the road. Like Janet said, just get to the mindset where you KNOW you will stick to doc's orders after the surgery. So important for healing. I did a lot of baths during the 14 days. Figured I wouldn't be tempted with food in the tub. Also went on a lot of walks...just got away from the temptations. Hang in there, Meredith! We're all with you and check in with us.

Julie...the pie social sounds like a huge undertaking...but fun. I LOVE making pies. I make at least 2 a week for my farmers. I have never make ice cream or tasted homemade ice cream. Never was a huge fan of ice cream. I bought one quart a year ago and that took DH awhile to eat.

Heading out tomorrow. Having a bday lunch with a GF (her fiance didn't recognize her bday over the weekend...jerk) and then travelling North to the lake until Monday or Tuesday. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend.

Life is good and just have to say I sooooooo appreciate my LBT friends!

congradulations girl

i/m just in process of getting a date for surgery, going to last 4 meetings with surgeons, and i need lose some wieght first, hope u can help me? i was wondering if the band worked,and i hear so many complaints about ti.is it better to do bypass?ty larry

Julie...you can do anything you put your mind to do. You have a wonderful tool (LB) to help you. But we all have a better tool inside us....positive thinking. Our favorite saying to our 2 DS's when they would say something negative or when they were feeling overwhelmed was "Positive people make positive things happen". I find myself still saying it to them even though they are 28 and 26.

Try to wake up each day with saying something positive to yourself. Challenge yourself with something like "I KNOW I can do this". Write it down if you need to and put it on the frig.

We are all here for you. I am waiting for you to turn that corner after all of your setbacks. I am thinking that your band needs some tweeking as far as fills and you will be able to handle things better and get back on the road to losing again. YOU CAN DO THIS and by telling yourself just that, it will be a step in the right direction. Sending hugs your way!:wink:

Hi everyone, sorry its taken so long to post here. I tried last night but I couldn't get in. I went to the Dr yesterday and he took out half of what he put in on my last fill. I was down 9 lbs yesterday since last fill. I feel so much better now, still a little weak since I've been taking it slow with my food. I should never have let the pb'ing go on for so long that it made me so ill. The Dr looked at the band which he always does at every visit and said there is no damage.

Thank you all for your support. I love you all, wish there was a way that someday we can all meet each other.

Hugs to all of you.

Pam

Hi everyone, sorry its taken so long to post here. I tried last night but I couldn't get in. I went to the Dr yesterday and he took out half of what he put in on my last fill. I was down 9 lbs yesterday since last fill. I feel so much better now, still a little weak since I've been taking it slow with my food. I should never have let the pb'ing go on for so long that it made me so ill. The Dr looked at the band which he always does at every visit and said there is no damage.

Thank you all for your support. I love you all, wish there was a way that someday we can all meet each other.

Hugs to all of you.

Pam

What a relief, PJ. So happy you filled us in and what great news. Good lesson for all of us....don't let things go on so long.

It would be great for all of us to meet. Just say the date, place and time and I will be there!:wink:

Hugs to all of you.

Pam

Pam~ I am so relieved you are feeling better! I got worried when we didn't hear from you... and was worried you got admitted or something. Phewwww! How long does your dr do liquids after unfill?

Two appts ago, I was too tight after a fill. I kept getting stuck and having some PBs. Two weeks ago he took out half. Then I was totally fine, but the last week or so felt I could eat a bit too much. Although I was basically staying within my allowed. (although I lost 7 lbs in two weeks!) So today he put it back in. On liquids for 24 hours and can test it tomorrow. It's funny... they have one of those really really expensive digital scales in the office... and it is a full 2 lbs less than my scale at home! LOL. The last fill I psyched myself out though by changing my ticker to their scale... and then when mine didn't move, it upset me. I am sticking to one scale!

I discovered a Protein Drink that I cannot tolerate these days! I had a high Protein SlimFast this afternoon. (15gms of protein) Holy cannoli, talk about the gas pains... and then diarrhea! I will NOT drink those again. I do so much better with the isolate Protein powders (like unjury or Biochem).

I am having a sudden craving for pie and icecream! I don't even know what a Juneberry is... but I'd probably love them!:eek::smile::lol: Good luck Mrs. Bubba! I don't know how you do it girl! There will be no sweet socials at my house for a while!

There is a new doc that joined my husband's group.. and we usually invite the doc and their spouse over for dinner. Well, surgery came.. and then it has just not been a good time to do it the last couple months. Well this afternoon the doc came over to study for his anesthesia boards. (since DH is an old seasoned gas passer...LOL, and a great teacher) So DH and the new doc were studying... and I told him to tell about my surgery. I didn't want him thinking we were being mean. His reaction was so cute, "well you look great!" That fine balance between being nice... and not pissing off one of the partners by hitting on his wife! :wink:

Nite nite everyone!~ TTYL

peasout

congradulations girl

i/m just in process of getting a date for surgery, going to last 4 meetings with surgeons, and i need lose some wieght first, hope u can help me? i was wondering if the band worked,and i hear so many complaints about ti.is it better to do bypass?ty larry

Hi Larry

Ya the band works !!! If you do the work !!! I've did 75% of the work by making this a total lifestyle change in my eating - I am not dieting I eat healthy and I go to the gym and walk the treadmill & got a personal trainer..

As you will understand being in th 50 age bracket - we have less years in front of us than what's behind us - I wanted to improve the quality of the years I have left and hopefully extend them too...

So Ya is very doable - my doc said I lost like his bypass pple - I lost 105 in 1 yr - and the rest just came off as I continued my healthy lifestyle...

You are a guy so you are luckier than us girls - you will lose faster :0)

I still have treats but they are planned and budgeted for...

I feel 10 yrs younger - have 1 mil % more energy - I went zip lining & repelling this past March on a cruise - 2 yrs ago I could barely walk the length of the ship without being exhaust...

Yes bypass lose quickly - they have the whole malasorbtion thing going on - I didn't want that... The reason they lose so much quicker than us is that they don't absorb their calories - where as bander's do - - it's a personal choice - I have friends who had bypass - and I have Friends who have had the band - is either of the WLS more successful than the other - nope - it's up to the individual person - what determines success is changing our lifestyles and the way that we look at food... There are successes and failure in both - it's not the surgery that fails or succeeds but the person making the food choices & exercise....

Good Luck on your journey - and you are welcome here anytime ....

Janet