Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Linda

I didnt watch but it was on in the back ground when I got home yesterday - that guy was on that hospital show can't think of the name - but richard simmons had helped him the 1st time lose the weight

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M AFRAID OF !!!! I have been from the beginning of this journey - Ya I can spout this and that I have said it before that I would NEVER put the weight back on (and this is when I weighed 180) well ya right - got up to 250.. What it the saying Never say Never !!!

Look at Oprah - has trainers, chefs and all the $$ in the world (did sound like she is softening up on wls cuz I heard her ask the guy if he considered it - didn't hear his answer) and she yo-yo's all the time...

Hi gang~

It was interesting... because his answer was KEY. He said that no, he would not consider WLS because his problem is in his head! He said unless they can do "bypass" on his brain.. he isn't interested. He clearly pointed out that he doesn't eat because he is hungry or stop when he is full... that he just eats because he feels like it. Another show this week (I don't think it was the same show.. i watched them all tonight though so they are running into each other), was about a lady who had gastric sleeve, then gastric bypass... and although she lost, she would gain back. So now at age 60 she was having experimental brain surgery (deep brain stimulation) to control hunger. Here's an article on it. Obese woman has brain surgery for weight loss - Diet and nutrition- msnbc.com

Another funny story... I live in a small beach town in South Florida. We don't have a lot of choices of restaurants, so you tend to frequent the same places. Well, prior to surgery ATLANTA bread COMPANY was one of my favorite bagel and coffee places. Today my son asked for a cookie after school and I ran in to get him one. The owner and two employees started freaking out on me! "where have you been?! we've missed you! you look so amazing! what are you doing to lose weight?!" I said "i stopped eating bread"...LOL. But gawd it smelled so good in there! I did get a coffee.. but wasn't even tempted for anything else.

I had great restriction all day long. Almost a feeling of "nausea" though not real nausea. It's how I felt back in 2001 before my wedding when I took Meridia to lose weight. It gave me this feeling of uneasy stomach that kept me from eating. Perhaps this is my reaction to the fill. No PB.. but I got hiccups from drinking a bottle of Water too fast this afternoon. Tonight though I am hungry. I had a Protein bar(Healthwise, 150cal/each). I thought it might be too much.. but I ate it fine. I only had 821 cal today though. Didn't get enough Water in either. I had to force myself to get in two small bottles of water. (the .5 liter ones) Tomorrow is a new day!

My parents are flying in from NC to visit before they take their boat to the Chesapeake Bay for the summer. (they winter down here in FL) It will be good to see them. Nelson LOVES when they come down... he gets good and spoiled.

ok friends~ time for bed. Have a great weekend!

peas out~

Laura

Laura, OMG that poor woman who is having that brain surgery. Head hunger is a terrible thing. Love your story about the bread place - I had a similar experience today. I went to have my driver's license renewed and when I handed the clerk my old liscense she did a double take and said, "My goodness, you look amazing! You've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?" That was fabulous! After having people I know well not even mention my weight loss, it was great that a stranger would comment. Really made my day. My new pic looks great, I won't be so ashamed to show my liscense now. I always hate my pics when I'm fat, but I've lost enough that I look good again in the pics. Apples, I didn't mean to leave you out, you've been a wonderful help to me too! Linda

Oh my, I know how to spell license!! LOL. Too funny.

Good Morning Gang

Back from the gym - I had an AH HA moment - I was taking the advice that I give all of you - I pumped up my exercise.

I did 30 minutes on the stair machine and was sweating like a pig by the time I got off - it said 2 miles and 228 calories 97 flights of stairs - did level 6 on something then I went and got on the treadmill and did another 2.53 miles burned another 220 calories - incline 6 to 8 and speed 3.5 to 3.7

I'm pooped - but feel good at the same time..

Ya he's right in away - I have always said they banded our tummies not our brains !!!!

I am going to have to ck out the brain surgery - just think if they can do that and the band sleeve or what ever - we would have it made in the shade...

Linda great nsv on the drivers license pic !!!!

Ok it's windy and I need to go clean my room do some wash get dressed - I need new tennis shoes...

So CBL -

Wow, Janet, that was quite a workout you had this morning. I sweat a lot too. I think I read somewhere that you sweat more the more in shape you become. I know I'm sweating more now than I did when I first started. Spring must be keeping everyone busy. I watched my neice graduate from college (Univ. of Southern Florida at Tampa) this a.m. They had a live feed which was so neat, I got to see her walk up on stage and get her diploma. So neat. I got no sleep last night (on call with work over night and had no down time) so had to nap when work was over at 2 pm today. So no exercise for me today, which is fine, needed one day off. Will do something tomorrow. Have a great Sunday everyone! Linda

Everybody must be busy. Did my 5 miles walkng tape today and 40 mins. of step aerobics on my Wii. Feeling good. Have a great week everyone! It's beautiful here today! Linda

Good Evening Gang...

Yesterday went and got new tennis shoes - looked around diff shoe stores tj maxx marshells macy's (got a pair of skimmers and capris that i already have but love them and had $25 credit plus 25% off and it was only good til monday) and 2 bras at penny's again had a $10 coupon that expires tomorrow and my tennis shoes -

Oh the back of my knees were killing my yesterday afternoon - had 1 enchillada & Beans for dinner.

today didn't do much up at 6:30 showered planted some flower seeds - was mostly on FB as my lbt daughter karri from my lucky #7 ran her 1st full marathon - 5:15 minutess - this is from a girl who was 100+ heavier 21 months ago..

Her DH was keeping us posted there on her progress..

I have my last load in the washer - made a pot of Navy Beans for lunch for the next week and had some steak for lunch..

Linda you did great on your exercise - how cool to be able to watch the graduations - I know now adays they limit # of pple who can attend..

Well - it' 6:30 to late for a nap - but I am sorta sleepy - been reading Debbie macomber light house seires - like living in someone elses life for a while - I use to read at least one book a week but for the last 2 yrs haven't read as much - I guess I got burned out - but seem to be enjoying it again..

well there went the dryer - will cb in the morning

Hope eveyone had a good weekend... Mothers day next weekend...

hugs

Hi everyone, it seems like this site has been very quiet for a few days... I don't feel so guilty about not getting to the computer to post.. Everyone must be out enjoying life and spring...........at least I hope that's what's happening!!!! I have been just trying to settle back into a sort of normal life... Was able to make it to church yesterday, but took my pillow for back support. My severe nerve pain is gone, but has been replaced with a plan old bachache that doesn't go away.. I know that will come with time. I did gain back 2 pounds....figured I would just from getting hydrated again.. I have a hard time drinking very much these days... But I'm working on it... I'm eating okay, not doing too much of the wrong things... What I haven't done is get back to my band routine.... Protein first... I haven't had the energy to cook, so have been going for what is handy and what someone else makes... I'm still at 293 and if I can hold there until my band gets reactivated I'll be very happy....

I hired a sitter for my granddaughter for the week.. Daughter is very nervous about it, but I just need another week without the strain of anything phsical with a 2 year old... I'm very close and can run to her if I'm needed.. It will be good for Mimi to have the interaction with other kids.. I think she'll be fine, but DD is a worrier like her mother!!!!

I'm tring to work on my closet... Soooooo many clothes to move out and get rid of and try to find what I actually have for summer in the size I am now... It's a big job and will be doing it slowly.... At least it's finally warming up around here some and I can do capris and not worry about my too short pants!!

DH left for work awhile ago and I should go do a little something now so I can rest again... Brother will be coming home from hospital today... He is divorced with 3 daughters... One grown with her own baby, who will be staying with him for a bit..... one, 17 who just had knee surgery on Friday, and one who is 11...... He has a semi-serious girlfriend, who will help with care, but lives in Bismarck and works.... And of course the ex, who causes all sorts of problems..... Anyway, they share custody and live about 2 blocks from each other... My mother, daughter and I went to his house yesterday and washed his bedding and straightened up a bit.... Will try to get some good, healthy food there for supper tonight if I can think of what to do... He is a smoker with bad eating habits who is going to have quiet a bunch of changes to make in his life... He and I are close, so will try to help as much as I can.....

Hope everyone is refreshed from a good weekend... Have a good week...... Julie

Hi, just checking in. Today I have Bariatric University. I'm excited about getting more info before surgery. Sounds like everyone has this exercising down and are doing a great job. How soon after surgery can you start (besides walking)?

Susan

Hey kids....just got caught up on this thread but not my others. Got home from the lake about noon today. Got up there Thurs evening. DH came up on Sat nite and left Sunday afternoon to come home and start planting corn. We are expecting rain tomorrow morning so he is going as fast as he can. We have very heavy, rich soil and most springs have delayed planting. But, we always get it in the ground and get the crop out in the fall. All my worrying about this farming does pay off! LOL.

DH thinks that for as much worrying as I do about it all, I should take an ad out in the paper and worry for hire.

Anyway, had a GREAT few days at the lake and now is time to catch up with things at home. It's worth working 14 hour or more days at home to be able to take the time I do up there. Always nice to see our "lake friends" come back for the season. I love the little ones and we have a huge variety of ages. Very well-rounded group of people.

Laura...you asked what I was planting for flowers. We live in MN so I have to start my seeds indoors and transplant about the first of June. I do something different every year. This year I have a huge variety of marigolds to start with. They are all planted and should all be germinated by the end of this week.

You were saying that you felt nauseous. I would be willing to bet that it's your fill kicking in. It's a feeling we are not used to and I remember after my last fill (the 2nd one) I felt that way when it finally kicked in after a month's time. Give it time and let your body adjust to it all. You kind of have to learn to recognize these feelings for the first time ever. You will get there. I am always fairly tight in the a.m. and then loosen by afternoon and get pretty hungry late afternoon and evening. Be aware that this may be the way it is for you also and plan your meals around this. I, for one, need my solid Protein in order to stop that hunger.

Have always been going to tell you, Laura, that your little guy is such a cute kid. And, the name Nelson is adoreable.

Janet....happy to hear that you are feeling better and sounds like you had a VERY productive weekend. You sound like me when it comes to shopping. If I find a pair of jeans, etc. that fit me great, I will go back and get another pair or different colors in the same thing. I am very hard to fit so when I find a good fit, I go for seconds.

I was going to ask you about the B-12. Have you always taken them or is this something your doc recommended? Are the capsule form? Just wondering. You know I have all kinds of energy and feel great but just wondering if they were recommended for LB patients. My doc only recommends flinstone gummies.

Speaking of reading...I have always been an avid reader. Mostly biographies and true crime books. Ann Rule is my favorite.

Julie...sorry to hear about your brother but happy to hear his prognosis is good. It's not going to hurt that little granddaughter to spend a few days with a sitter while you recover. Take care of yourself so you can have the energy to take care of her again.

1 Day......Go out and find yourself a cute summer dress!!!!!!! I, too, had not worn a dress for years. Now I have a few cute summer ones. Found them on clearance online at Macys, Amazon, Chadwicks, etc. Have a few spring, summer and fall weddings this year and cannot wait to wear them.

Gotta run. DH is calling and needs me to run to the field with something he needs. Time to crank up the 4-wheeler, grab the dog and haul A$$ out there!

Hey Gang

Sorry - I started a post earlier - but got a call on a big claim so had to call it into the company and then it was time to leave as I had trainer tonite - got home my little angel made a mess - had to clean that up before I left..

Came home got the kitchen & garage cleaned up - tomorrow's trash - and just now sitting down..

Apples - My doc originally said flinstone but then changed it to Centruim chewables, then a sublingual B12 and calicum citrate chewables - I am terrible about taking vitamins...

When I did the commercial they gave me a gift bag with lapband Vitamins from bariatric advanage (watermelon) and cinnimon chewable calicum - I like both but only take them every now and then (they are on my desk at work) especially we I see I am brusing... In the past(prior to banding) when I couldn't sleep I would take about 3 or 4 vit B complex and it would help me sleep (one of the b's is a natural tranquilzer)

Since I was in the dumps I got som B complex and B12 vitamins they are small (especially the b12) so no problem swallowing and I have been taking my vit at work more often.

Last yr when I had my blood test my Thiamain (sp) was low..

I love the INC capri jeans - and they do fit well and there was nothing else to get - so thought I would have a spare - plus I like the dark blue jeans not the faded ones - remember when we were kids - you bleached your jeans to get that worn out look -

Glad you had a good time at the lake!!!

Susan - Your doc will tell you when it's ok - as you are going to find out all our doc give diff instructions some are the same but some are totally diff - makes no sense to me - but that's what I realized with all the pple I have talked to here - I got the ok to exercise after I think six weeks but not to do any crunches for a while till my port site healed completely - I did the treadmil only for the 1st 8 months - I would get on the weight machines every now and then but rarely - March 08 I got a trainer and now do 2 days a week weights and 2 days cardio..

How did your class go...

Julie - I agree with Apples - your GD should be with a sitter - its just too much for you right now - you have to heal and get your strenght back - But I want you to eat the protien first - I always do that I may eat my rice before my veggies some times - but I alway eat meat 1st ..

OneDay - What do you wear if you don't wear shirts or dresses - you are a hair dresser right?? I still wore dresses and blouse but I work in an office

I would look for that dress or blouse - get is a size smaller or even 2 and by this summer you will be wearing it...

Janet...I've never missed a day of taking my Vitamins for the last 18 months. Just a habit and I panic and run to the cupboard if I forget them at Breakfast. Just a routine at our house.

Now I really am confused....so...you get the B12 in the Vitamin isle????????????????

1 Day......Go out and find yourself a cute summer dress!!!!!!! I, too, had not worn a dress for years. Now I have a few cute summer ones. Found them on clearance online at Macys, Amazon, Chadwicks, etc. Have a few spring, summer and fall weddings this year and cannot wait to wear them.

Thanks for the support !! I will go get one.

OneDay - What do you wear if you don't wear shirts or dresses - you are a hair dresser right?? I still wore dresses and blouse but I work in an office

I would look for that dress or blouse - get is a size smaller or even 2 and by this summer you will be wearing it...

Yeah I realized after I sent to the post I meant to say skirts and dresses I have not worn in a very long time LOL:lol: anyways I plan on getting one soon. I am a customer service rep for a worker's comp company. So I am on the phone all day in a cube so I wear comfy stuff :thumbup:

Laura, OMG that poor woman who is having that brain surgery. Head hunger is a terrible thing. Love your story about the bread place - I had a similar experience today. I went to have my driver's license renewed and when I handed the clerk my old liscense she did a double take and said, "My goodness, you look amazing! You've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?" That was fabulous! After having people I know well not even mention my weight loss, it was great that a stranger would comment. Really made my day. My new pic looks great, I won't be so ashamed to show my liscense now. I always hate my pics when I'm fat, but I've lost enough that I look good again in the pics. Apples, I didn't mean to leave you out, you've been a wonderful help to me too! Linda

Just caught your last statement, Linda....thanks for the compliment but I think we are ALL wonderful and ALL give each other the support we need. I've gotten more out of this thread than any other...just cuz we have such a great mixture of people and all at different stages. Makes it interesting.

Sleep tight, everyone. This farm girl has had a looooooong day and is headed for bed!:thumbup:

Julie, so glad you are hiring a sitter for the baby. You are one heck of a lady and I'm sure everyone appreciates all you do, but right now you need to heal and get your strength back. I'm sure the baby will do just fine and this way you'll be ready to babysit again that much sooner! Sorry to hear about your brother's surgery, and I'm sure you'll be very helpful to him -- you have a lot of knowledge that would help him if he'll let you. I hope he can stop the smoking -- I am a former smoker and can tell you that it was the hardest thing I ever did in my life -- and I did put on lots of weight when I quit. I'm proud to say it's been over 5 years since I quit and I know I will never ever have another cigarette -- it's not something I even think about anymore and they are available to me -- my hubby still smokes (in the garage or on the patio only). It's not easy but I hope your brother will be able to overcome that habit. Keep positive thoughts for him. Laura, your son is so adorable, it makes me miss those years when my son was young (he's 37 this year) and when my step son was young (I raised him from the age of 3 and he's now 20). I adore my granddaughter but there's a special place in my heart for little boys too! Apples, I'm so glad you have your lake place -- you deserve to enjoy a few days of rest -- you work so hard. I was raised on a farm and I know it's constant WORK. My grandma was also cooking and baking bread. When you write about the meals you make it makes me remember my childhood -- it's lovely to have such great memories. Janet, glad you're feeling better. I'm bad about remembering my Vitamins too (Flinstones) but think I could benefit from some B complex too with all the exercise I'm doing. I had my interview for that new job today -- it went well, I should know something by end of next week. If that doesn't happen, I think I could switch to days in my own dept. as one of the day girls gave notice today. So, either way, I think I'll be changing schedules. When I had my sleep study last summer, the sleep study doctor told me to quit working nights -- that it's not healthy to change your body's natural rhythm. It's been bugging me ever since she said that. Did I mention I bought one of those Jennie O Turkey tenderloins? I saw it on Biggest Loser a few weeks ago and then bought one at Sam's club. I baked in my convection oven with my probe and it turned out great -- nice and moist and delicious. Has only 1 gram of fat and 110 calories per 4 oz. Just thought I'd pass that info along. Have a great Tuesday everyone! Linda