Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Mornin' girls!

Awwww, Janet, sorry you are in a pissy mood. Happens to all of us sometimes. You have the right attitude though about just getting that 1.5lbs off. It's amazing what a little bit of weight can do to the mood. It will come off. You've had a lot of extra going on this last month. The cruise alone should have put on pounds but you walked away from it pretty good. Just put a few CD's in, crank up the music this weekend and dance and sing your troubles away!

LET'S ALL MAKE THIS A "SUPPORT JANET DAY"! Let's to everything we can to show her we are behind her like she has always been there for us!

LJV...Good luck moving to that new position. Have my fingers crossed for you.

Meredith and Lindsey. Hope you love banded life as much as I do. I cannot believe the difference in my life and that I got everything back in life that I used to have as far as my health, fitness and just plain happines with myself. And, self-confidence!

Phyl....hope you made it home safely and are settling in.

Working like a crazy women this morning. Have to be to the hospital by noon for volunteer job and then heading back up to the lake till Monday morning. Was there Thursday thru Monday, went back up on Tues morning and stayed till yesterday afternoon and now am heading back. This will be my schedule until late Oct. Hoping to get wireless up there this year. Will feel contected with the world!

Gotta go finish planting my flowers (starting them in greenhouse on my sun porch). Finally warm enough to get going on them.

Wising everyone a great weekend!

Janet........up your Water intake. I think chillin out this weekend will help too. I just got back from therapy. Boy, I did not realize my core was so weak. Anyway, I am sure this will help my back. I hope you perk up. HUGS!

Hi everyone. Good idea, Apples, support Janet day. Janet, we all love you, you are our rock and our guide in helping us get through our difficult times. You KNOW you're strong you know NOTHING is going to stand in your way! You'll get that 1.5 lbs. off, you will because you KNOW you CAN. Hope this helps. Some time when I feel the lowest and think, oh, why bother, that's when I get up and just do something and that usually puts my frame of mind in a better place. Exercise and eat right and then Celebrate your success by doing something nice for you -- a bubble bath or a massage or even a pedicure -- you'll feel better afterwards. We're all here to support you! Holly, thanks for your kind words. I am pushing myself right now a little harder because I'm at a point where I could plateau if I don't step it up. Plus that silly woman on Wii Fit keeps telling me I'm unbalanced and my weight has not changed since last time. So, it keeps me moving forward!! Apples, glad the weather is nice enough for you to go to the lake. I'm jealous. Have a great day everyone! Linda

Good Morning Gang !!!

I am in a blab mood - don't know why - well ya I know why can't seem to get this 1.5 lbs off - I know it's only a 1.5 and that most of you are still in the beginning but for me I am afraid of letting any weight stay on my body - I am afraid that one or 2 lbs will turn into 10 then 20 and you know the routine.. I know that I am being a bit dramatic - but it's how I am feeling right now - I got some vit b's last night and have been really trying to remember to take my vitiman - it's something I am really bad about - hoping the B12 gives me a boost.

I don't have any plans this weekend and I think that will be good cuz I have been doing something every weekend since my cruise last month and my house needs cleaning - I need some down time I think... I need to recharge...

Well that's my tale of woes.. I hate to be a downer - I really strive to be up beat - I really am all about the postitive - but even I can get blah :0)... Here's what I would say if one of you was posting this message - concentrate on what you have accomplished - just keep plugging away it will come - look at where you are from last year at this time- I know that this to shall pass...

Hugs

OK Janet~

Here's what my mom would say at a time like this... "tough times never last, but tough people do!" : ) You know, it doesn't matter whether it's 1.5 lbs or 25 lbs... the point is, we all know that we got morbidly obese or obese by ignoring our weight and bodies. So now you are acutely aware of your body and it isn't doing what you want it to do. So, I get it! Like anyone with a plateau going on... it just frustrates you. I had that 9 day span where I didn't lose ONE pound... and I couldn't understand how I could be eating 800-1000 cal/day and exercising and not lose. Our bodies are crazy things sometimes. I think the recharging of the batteries is a MUST. Then wrap your arms tightly around that tiny thin body of yours and give yourself a hug and a pat on the back! <hug>

Good luck ljv on the job!

1 day~ glad you got on the meds. The prev pack is more expensive than the medications themselves separately, but it is very convenient. Where I work, I tend to have a lot of working poor/uninsured and find creative ways to treat without the new fancy packages. The pills are HUGE. Be careful... wouldn't want one of those stuck! Now, they won't want to retest immediately after you finish the pills. The antibiotics take up to 7-14 days to finish working on the bacteria. So, I usually test a month or so after. Make sure and eat yogurt with the active cultures so the antibiotics don't cause any unwanted intestinal issues. : )

Apples2~ what kind of flowers are you planting? I planted assorted wild flowers and sun flowers around my vegetable garden. I already have a ton of cherry tomatoes, a few beef steak tomatoes and the cucumbers are flowering and have little 1cm cukes! My herbs are going crazy (mint, thyme, cilantro, parsley, basil). My peppers are dwarfs and are only a foot tall but just started blooming. In Florida we have to start early, because in a month or so it is almost impossible to keep up with the watering as the sun gets so hot. I wish I had sacrificed more of my yard for a bigger garden. Instead I used the side of the house where a hedge used to be. I pulled them out and put a foot deep of topsoil. After 1pm they don't get direct sun though.

ok all~ I had fill #3 today. This time I MADE my husband go with me. (after having two fills that took 20+ minutes because of the seroma and difficulty finding my port). I didn't want to make my surgeon nervous by having another physician there... I just wanted hub to see where my port was, etc... and see the serous Fluid that came out. Well, this time the seroma was minimal... only 5cc he could get out.(compared to 140cc first time!) He thinks it is in little pockets now and will absorb in the next few weeks. My port hasn't flipped but it is a little sideways, so he has to go at it from an angle. He poked and poked and poked... and I was scared to death he was going to puncture the tubing and cause a leak! He assured me that the realize band really has a protected tube near the port. I wish he had fluoro... or at the very least an ultrasound. They have fluoro in the hospital next door, but it would be a hassle and take half his morning. I am tempted to request a barium swallow (i never had to do one)... just to see my band working. He added 1.5cc today for a grand total of 5.5. I also found out today that my realize band is the 9cc one. I didn't realize they had TWO versions (a 9cc and 10cc). He said I SHOULD feel restriction with this one. Water went down fine. Nada. Later a muscle milk Protein shake.. no problem. Tonight I got brave and had a yogurt, despite the fact I was supposed to be on liquids only. Nothing got stuck, but I did feel full after eating 100c yoplait. I guess the big test will be tomorrow with real foods.

Nelson is back to 100%, no fever or sorethroat, and went to school today! YEAH! Now I have 8 more days of trying to get antibiotics in him 3 times a day!

Confession: I have NOT exercised since Friday. SIGH. My husband was on call.. and then Nels was sick... Tomorrow I have a 9am appt with my trainer. Will do a 70 min combined cardio/circuit routine where I keep my HR at 135-140 average for the entire time. Time to get that back in gear. This was the longest since surgery I didn't do cardio. I did putter around Saturday at the school picnic.. on my feet for 4 hours and walking around. But that isn't exercise to me if I ain't sweating!

peas out~

Laura

Mornin' girls!

Awwww, Janet, sorry you are in a pissy mood. Happens to all of us sometimes. You have the right attitude though about just getting that 1.5lbs off. It's amazing what a little bit of weight can do to the mood. It will come off. You've had a lot of extra going on this last month. The cruise alone should have put on pounds but you walked away from it pretty good. Just put a few CD's in, crank up the music this weekend and dance and sing your troubles away!

LET'S ALL MAKE THIS A "SUPPORT JANET DAY"! Let's to everything we can to show her we are behind her like she has always been there for us!

LJV...Good luck moving to that new position. Have my fingers crossed for you.

Meredith and Lindsey. Hope you love banded life as much as I do. I cannot believe the difference in my life and that I got everything back in life that I used to have as far as my health, fitness and just plain happines with myself. And, self-confidence!

Phyl....hope you made it home safely and are settling in.

Working like a crazy women this morning. Have to be to the hospital by noon for volunteer job and then heading back up to the lake till Monday morning. Was there Thursday thru Monday, went back up on Tues morning and stayed till yesterday afternoon and now am heading back. This will be my schedule until late Oct. Hoping to get wireless up there this year. Will feel contected with the world!

Gotta go finish planting my flowers (starting them in greenhouse on my sun porch). Finally warm enough to get going on them.

Wising everyone a great weekend!

Apples - Thanks so much - you made me smile !! Ya the blahs do hit us all - I wish I had half your energy - I am going to have a no pressure weekend - I need some new tennis shoes and I have a $25 rewards card from Macy's and some coupons - I think I just need to re-energize...

Janet........up your Water intake. I think chillin out this weekend will help too. I just got back from therapy. Boy, I did not realize my core was so weak. Anyway, I am sure this will help my back. I hope you perk up. HUGS!

Charlene - I am working on that (water) I had a bad tmi back up this weekend - heck that alone should have been 3 lbs - so far I have had 40 oz of Water - 20 to go... Well gotta say the 2 b12's i took this morning didn't energize me..

Yep our core gets really weak - I'm still working on mine - and the whole balance issues - it's improve 100% but it's not as good as I would like - ya I know I want the body and strength of a 30 yrs old :0)

Hi everyone. Good idea, Apples, support Janet day. Janet, we all love you, you are our rock and our guide in helping us get through our difficult times. You KNOW you're strong you know NOTHING is going to stand in your way! You'll get that 1.5 lbs. off, you will because you KNOW you CAN. Hope this helps. Some time when I feel the lowest and think, oh, why bother, that's when I get up and just do something and that usually puts my frame of mind in a better place. Exercise and eat right and then Celebrate your success by doing something nice for you -- a bubble bath or a massage or even a pedicure -- you'll feel better afterwards. We're all here to support you! Holly, thanks for your kind words. I am pushing myself right now a little harder because I'm at a point where I could plateau if I don't step it up. Plus that silly woman on Wii Fit keeps telling me I'm unbalanced and my weight has not changed since last time. So, it keeps me moving forward!! Apples, glad the weather is nice enough for you to go to the lake. I'm jealous. Have a great day everyone! Linda

Oh Linda you have learned well KNOW CAN - Yes I do know it will come off - it's just taking forever - got rid of 1 already now just gotta get that 1.5 gone - tonite I was down .5 so that's a start cuz I usually weight more at night than in the mornings...

As far as treating myself - I do that weekly :):lol::) But I am going to get some new tennis shoes this weekend...

OK Janet~

Here's what my mom would say at a time like this... "tough times never last, but tough people do!" : ) You know, it doesn't matter whether it's 1.5 lbs or 25 lbs... the point is, we all know that we got morbidly obese or obese by ignoring our weight and bodies. So now you are acutely aware of your body and it isn't doing what you want it to do. So, I get it! Like anyone with a plateau going on... it just frustrates you. I had that 9 day span where I didn't lose ONE pound... and I couldn't understand how I could be eating 800-1000 cal/day and exercising and not lose. Our bodies are crazy things sometimes. I think the recharging of the batteries is a MUST. Then wrap your arms tightly around that tiny thin body of yours and give yourself a hug and a pat on the back! <hug>

Good luck ljv on the job!

ok all~ I had fill #3 today. This time I MADE my husband go with me. (after having two fills that took 20+ minutes because of the seroma and difficulty finding my port). I didn't want to make my surgeon nervous by having another physician there... I just wanted hub to see where my port was, etc... and see the serous Fluid that came out. Well, this time the seroma was minimal... only 5cc he could get out.(compared to 140cc first time!) He thinks it is in little pockets now and will absorb in the next few weeks. My port hasn't flipped but it is a little sideways, so he has to go at it from an angle. He poked and poked and poked... and I was scared to death he was going to puncture the tubing and cause a leak! He assured me that the realize band really has a protected tube near the port. I wish he had fluoro... or at the very least an ultrasound. They have fluoro in the hospital next door, but it would be a hassle and take half his morning. I am tempted to request a barium swallow (i never had to do one)... just to see my band working. He added 1.5cc today for a grand total of 5.5. I also found out today that my realize band is the 9cc one. I didn't realize they had TWO versions (a 9cc and 10cc). He said I SHOULD feel restriction with this one. Water went down fine. Nada. Later a muscle milk Protein shake.. no problem. Tonight I got brave and had a yogurt, despite the fact I was supposed to be on liquids only. Nothing got stuck, but I did feel full after eating 100c yoplait. I guess the big test will be tomorrow with real foods.

Nelson is back to 100%, no fever or sorethroat, and went to school today! YEAH! Now I have 8 more days of trying to get antibiotics in him 3 times a day!

Confession: I have NOT exercised since Friday. SIGH. My husband was on call.. and then Nels was sick... Tomorrow I have a 9am appt with my trainer. Will do a 70 min combined cardio/circuit routine where I keep my HR at 135-140 average for the entire time. Time to get that back in gear. This was the longest since surgery I didn't do cardio. I did putter around Saturday at the school picnic.. on my feet for 4 hours and walking around. But that isn't exercise to me if I ain't sweating!

peas out~

Laura

Laura -

Yep that's what I was telling my girls on my 7 thread as some have some major stuff going on (red above) I know it will come off - but you know how we are we want it now - I normally practice what I preach but some days - it doesnt sink in.. :0)

Give your fill a week or so - it took my 2nd one that long to settle in -

Glad DS is all well - and as to the exercise sometimes life does get in the way - just don't stop that's the secert - before we would get out of our routine and then just quit... Now we get back into it as soon as we can...

Well, I've paid bills :( and started my pot luck lunch for tomorrow - but I thinks it's going to be too spice for some

(pork rice squash tomatoe sauce garlice onion bell pepper and I threw in a jalapeno without the seeds but tasted it and it a little hot )- I may have to run to the store and come up with something else.

Well gang - i gotta to taste my food - I really thing I am going to have to make sometime else - turkey lasanga or chilli.

So will cbl late - thanks for all the good words - I am fine - I just to need to re-charge - came home and my GS had cleaned the house so that was a plus (well not my room but the rest of the house so can't complain :0)

:):wub::):wub::wub:

Janet, glad you're feeling a bit better. Gosh, did any of you see Oprah today? Kirsty Ally was on and she's gained back all her weight plus 10 more and then this guy who was once 1100 pounds lost down to 298 and then gained it all back and now is down 500 lbs. and counting. The show was basically about how you have to change your lifestyle including eating healthy and exercising for the rest of your life. It's what all of us here are hoping we are doing. I thought of you Janet and your 1.5 lbs. and thought, "she knows what she's doing to get a grip on it now." It's something we all are going to have to face -- we are going to have to live the rest of our lives this way. It was a show I'm glad I saw -- none of us is going to be immune from this, but we are the lucky ones, because we have a tool to help us. I am again so thankful that I found out about the band, researched it and was brave enough to have the surgery. Have a great weekend everyone! Linda

Janet, glad you're feeling a bit better. Gosh, did any of you see Oprah today? Kirsty Ally was on and she's gained back all her weight plus 10 more and then this guy who was once 1100 pounds lost down to 298 and then gained it all back and now is down 500 lbs. and counting. The show was basically about how you have to change your lifestyle including eating healthy and exercising for the rest of your life. It's what all of us here are hoping we are doing. I thought of you Janet and your 1.5 lbs. and thought, "she knows what she's doing to get a grip on it now." It's something we all are going to have to face -- we are going to have to live the rest of our lives this way. It was a show I'm glad I saw -- none of us is going to be immune from this, but we are the lucky ones, because we have a tool to help us. I am again so thankful that I found out about the band, researched it and was brave enough to have the surgery. Have a great weekend everyone! Linda

Linda,

I saw the commercial and recorded it on the DVR. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but will! Thanks!

I tried a new "HealthWise" Cereal my surgeon was selling yesterday. It's cinnamon Cereal (that looks like cheerios) but has 15 g Protein and 90 calories. I was REALLY surprised at how good it was! It's a little harder of course than, cheerios.. but I let it sit in the milk a min. and it was fine. No restriction with that with my new fill. Might have to challenge it with a piece of chicken at lunch. : ) I do feel very satisfied after it though. Maybe I just don't know what restriction is yet. Hmmm..

OK friend~ have a good day! IT's FRIDAY!!!

Linda

I didnt watch but it was on in the back ground when I got home yesterday - that guy was on that hospital show can't think of the name - but richard simmons had helped him the 1st time lose the weight

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M AFRAID OF !!!! I have been from the beginning of this journey - Ya I can spout this and that I have said it before that I would NEVER put the weight back on (and this is when I weighed 180) well ya right - got up to 250.. What it the saying Never say Never !!!

Look at Oprah - has trainers, chefs and all the $$ in the world (did sound like she is softening up on wls cuz I heard her ask the guy if he considered it - didn't hear his answer) and she yo-yo's all the time...

This is where pple have to look at food as their ADDICTION and for us it's worse cuz we just can't cut it out of our lives altogether like a drug addict or alcohlic can..

This is work - it's hard work to stay on top of our addiction - I am not kidding you - I know that most are still in the weight loss phase - but know that this is a LIFE LONG JOURNEY - IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT GETTING THE WEIGHT OFF THE MAIN THING HERE IS KEEPING IT OFF.

As I say often - I miss eating and I could choose to eat around my band - but it's what I am the most aware about - occassionaly I over do it with the sweets but not often -

I gotta say sometime this is so overwhelming - Thinking/planning about what to eat making sure it's healthy - when it's so much easier to throw a pound of Pasta in the Water boil it and add a stick of butter and pig out !!! Especially when you are tired stress etc.

Linda,

I saw the commercial and recorded it on the DVR. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but will! Thanks!

I tried a new "HealthWise" Cereal my surgeon was selling yesterday. It's cinnamon cereal (that looks like cheerios) but has 15 g Protein and 90 calories. I was REALLY surprised at how good it was! It's a little harder of course than, cheerios.. but I let it sit in the milk a min. and it was fine. No restriction with that with my new fill. Might have to challenge it with a piece of chicken at lunch. : ) I do feel very satisfied after it though. Maybe I just don't know what restriction is yet. Hmmm..

OK friend~ have a good day! IT's FRIDAY!!!

Laura

It does take a while to understand restriction - That feeling of satsification is a very good sign - it's that your mind has to catch up cuz you are going to be eating so much less than before and you will think - I can't be full on such a small amount of food...

Well gang it's Friday - I am feeling better today - it's either cuz it's friday or the b12's are kicking in !!!

Laura, I went back to a sticky under fills and read the entire thread started by Wendall Edwards -- "How the Lapband Works, Fills and Unfills" and I feel I got a better understanding from reading that on what to expect on fills. He describes losing the "fat pad" around the stomach which causes the band to loosen up. I felt great restriction the first week after my last fill and still have some but can tell it's already getting looser and I'm sure that by week 6 (time for my next fill) I'll be ready for another small one. Janet, that Oprah show was so timely for us here and I kept the recording of it on my DVR so I can watch it over and over and over again when I need a good reminder. You are such a great mentor, Janet, I wouldn't be where I am today without you and all the other ladies here, Long, Phyl, etc. Thanks for all the help, wisdom and love. Have a good weekend, it's my Monday! Linda

Hi everyone, sorry I missed "support Janet day"... but I sure do... Glad you are getting past the blahs.. We all know you know just what you would tell us...... but it's always harder to take one's own advice!!!!

I saw my surgeon yesterday and got the last drain removed and was told to call him if I need him, but he thinks I'll do fine and just need to concentrate on getting my strength back... And of course he told me not to diet while recuperating.... Such words can be hard to handle... fortunately I don't have much of an appetite yet and mostly he just wants me to eat plenty of good healthy food..... He wants me to wait at least another month before trying to restart my band.... I think I can handle this plan..... I am so weak, though, that I can't do much of anything.... But I guess time will help all of that..... To add to things my 44 year old brother who I'm very close to had unexpected triple by-pass surgery yesterday, so I was at the hospital all day for that, too.... He's coming along okay, thank goodness...... Too much stuff..........I'm ready for some plain old boring days...... gotta run..........Julie

Laura, I went back to a sticky under fills and read the entire thread started by Wendall Edwards -- "How the Lapband Works, Fills and Unfills" and I feel I got a better understanding from reading that on what to expect on fills. He describes losing the "fat pad" around the stomach which causes the band to loosen up. I felt great restriction the first week after my last fill and still have some but can tell it's already getting looser and I'm sure that by week 6 (time for my next fill) I'll be ready for another small one. Janet, that Oprah show was so timely for us here and I kept the recording of it on my DVR so I can watch it over and over and over again when I need a good reminder. You are such a great mentor, Janet, I wouldn't be where I am today without you and all the other ladies here, Long, Phyl, etc. Thanks for all the help, wisdom and love. Have a good weekend, it's my Monday! Linda

Aw Linda - that was too nice of you :0) Thanks !!!

Hi everyone, sorry I missed "support Janet day"... but I sure do... Glad you are getting past the blahs.. We all know you know just what you would tell us...... but it's always harder to take one's own advice!!!!

I saw my surgeon yesterday and got the last drain removed and was told to call him if I need him, but he thinks I'll do fine and just need to concentrate on getting my strength back... And of course he told me not to diet while recuperating.... Such words can be hard to handle... fortunately I don't have much of an appetite yet and mostly he just wants me to eat plenty of good healthy food..... He wants me to wait at least another month before trying to restart my band.... I think I can handle this plan..... I am so weak, though, that I can't do much of anything.... But I guess time will help all of that..... To add to things my 44 year old brother who I'm very close to had unexpected triple by-pass surgery yesterday, so I was at the hospital all day for that, too.... He's coming along okay, thank goodness...... Too much stuff..........I'm ready for some plain old boring days...... gotta run..........Julie

Julie darling you never were suppose to be dieting - it's about eating healthy - but this is even more important when getting well - you need your nurshiment to regrain your strenght.

Hi, everyone. I'm Susan and I have a band date of May 21, 2009. I'm really looking forward to the beginning of a new life. I hope to become a regular here and look forward to your experiences and guidance through the days ahead. Thanks, Janet for inviting me to join you all here.

P.S. I start the Optifast shakes on May 7th for 2 weeks.

Hi, everyone. I'm Susan and I have a band date of May 21, 2009. I'm really looking forward to the beginning of a new life. I hope to become a regular here and look forward to your experiences and guidance through the days ahead. Thanks, Janet for inviting me to join you all here.

P.S. I start the Optifast shakes on May 7th for 2 weeks.

Susan glad you came over - No one has to be invited :0) just jump in !!!

2 weeks pre op :) do you get any food or just the shakes ?

I was lucky only had 1 week preop and I got fish and salad for dinner...

What's your post op diet going to be like..

#1 rule - the words hope try think are taken out of your vocabulary and replaced with WILL AND KNOW !!!

I am a beleiver in postitive affermations - I will learn to eat healthy - not I will try - cuz your are leaving room for failure..

It's not like we don't all fall off the wagon once or twice - but this is why I say not to make treats off limit - just limit them as Apples says - no unplanned treats...

Hi everyone,

Sorry I missed"support Janet day" as well but I so love your encouraging words all the time. You have helped so many of us. I think I can say we all appreciate it so much. You are just totally an awesome person.

QUOTE=peascorps;1213286]

1 day~ glad you got on the meds. The prev pack is more expensive than the medications themselves separately, but it is very convenient. Where I work, I tend to have a lot of working poor/uninsured and find creative ways to treat without the new fancy packages. The pills are HUGE. Be careful... wouldn't want one of those stuck! Now, they won't want to retest immediately after you finish the pills. The antibiotics take up to 7-14 days to finish working on the bacteria. So, I usually test a month or so after. Make sure and eat yogurt with the active cultures so the antibiotics don't cause any unwanted intestinal issues. : )

Laura

Yeah the pills are totally huge I hate taking them. I take 4 giant sized pills in the morning and 4 at night. No intestinal issues yet. I hope I do not get any. If I knew I could buy the stuff separate I would have it was like 40 bucks. oh well to late now. :)

Okay all,

I was looking at the oprah site and say the stuff about Kristie Alley would gained all her weight back after going off the JC plan. She said at the end of the story that she was probably never going to wear a bikini again but she say a real cute dress she wanted to wear. And I thought I have not wore a dress, or a shirt in years I mean years not since High School. I would love to wear a cute summer dress. I guess I need to find a cute goal dress or something. What are all you thoughts on this.

Edited by 1day at a time

2 weeks pre op rolleyes.gif do you get any food or just the shakes ?

I was lucky only had 1 week preop and I got fish and salad for dinner...

I will be having Water, crystal light and sf Jello in addition to the shakes. I will do this because it is a necessary part of my process to becoming thin.