Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Julie....OMG........you poor baby! You must have been going through horrific pain. You are in my prayers! Please keep in touch! Take care!

Julie...thank goodness they figured out what the cause of your problems are. I will be thinking of you and praying that things calm down and that you heal quickly.

As far as missing out on Easter and your baby's bday...just concentrate on taking care of yourself right now. I once spent five weeks in the hospital. (A botched gallbladder surgery). It's difficult but necessary. I think it would be about a 5-6 hour drive from where I live. Let me know what hospital you are at and maybe I will pop in some day to help you pass the time and to meet you. Email me or PM me if you are up to it. Take care.

Oh Julie, so sorry to hear of all you are going through. I am also relieved to hear it wasn't band related. It seems docs who aren't familiar with it want to blame it. I pray you heal quickly. I once spent 2 mos in the hospital as a child and was there for Christmas. That was tough, but I got through it and I know you will too. Glad you have a laptop to stay in touch. Keep us posted on your recovery!

Hey thanks for the good wishes. I just spiked a fever and my bp went way up, so now yet another CT an d smore blood work... Im afraid this will never let up. Oh, and I'm coming to really appreciate morphine!!!!!!! Apples, I'm at St.Alexious Hospital. We onlt have 2 so it's not hard to find.... But certainly don't feel obligated.......

My husband brought me my mother's lap top.... I'm all fumble fingers... I'm hoping to keep in touch and get my on-line bills paid

Well, goota go drink my crap for the CT....talk soon.... Julir

Please help me with Bandster hell....I got the band on March 10 - was back at work on March 13- walked alot immediately and at 2 weeks felt like my appetite and stomach were back to normal- can't get first fill till next week says doc - but know I am petrified that I will not be successful- again- have started exercising- have moved from 2 miles to free weights- have gained what i lost back- feel like a failure- please give me some hope!

Please help me with Bandster hell....I got the band on March 10 - was back at work on March 13- walked alot immediately and at 2 weeks felt like my appetite and stomach were back to normal- can't get first fill till next week says doc - but know I am petrified that I will not be successful- again- have started exercising- have moved from 2 miles to free weights- have gained what i lost back- feel like a failure- please give me some hope!

Oh, my! Don't get all in a panic! You're still healing for one thing. You haven't had a fill. It will get better! At this point, it probably takes more will power than at any other stage because you have NO restriction. Follow the rules... the guidelines for eating that your doctor/nutritionist (we lovingly refer to as our "nut") as far as what you are eating. My doc said 1/2 cup food 6 times a day... so that's what I did. It's tough, but do whatever they told you to do. Keep it as low calorie as you can, minimum carbs, Protein first, etc. You're doing great with exercise.. mix up the walking with the free weights. YOU CAN DO THIS!! It will get so much better when you have some restriction... and it will probably take more than one fill, but you should notice a difference after the first one.

Most important.... keep coming back here for support, advice, encouragement.

WE CARE!!

Hey thanks for the good wishes. I just spiked a fever and my bp went way up, so now yet another CT an d smore blood work... Im afraid this will never let up. Oh, and I'm coming to really appreciate morphine!!!!!!! Apples, I'm at St.Alexious Hospital. We onlt have 2 so it's not hard to find.... But certainly don't feel obligated.......

My husband brought me my mother's lap top.... I'm all fumble fingers... I'm hoping to keep in touch and get my on-line bills paid

So sorry to hear about your troubles, Julie! I figured there was more to what was going on than what they were telling you. Glad you were persistent, but it should NOT have taken them so long to figure out what was going on. Goodness sakes, that could've been life threatening had it gone on. Sounds like you are in good hands now. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers for quick healing and no more drama and complications! Keep us posted!

13_1_209.gif

Hey ladies, Sorry to hear about your problems Julie. I hope and pray you will feel better soon. I too was once in the hospital for 30 days with a ruptured appendix. Not fun at all but got through it. That was before we had computers tee hee! Well the lady I was caring for has passed away. She was a real sweetie and I enjoyed every minute with her. I made her laugh alot so that was a good thing. She had a rough couple of months there. Anyway, now I am at home again waiting on kitchen to get done. Electricity was all hooked up today in there and the stove. Don't have a countertop yet so my dd is going to have Easter dinner and I will help where I can. Man, I wish I could go on a trip. I need one. I have so much spring garden work to do that it isn't even funny. All my perennials are coming up fast now. Well, the scale didn't move much for about a month. Finally I dropped 1 1/2 lbs. I am tracking again and boy does that tell a story. Plus I am going to use your recipes also, Apples. The bean one sounds good to me. Lately with the weather being warm, then cold, then warm, then cold my bones are hurting somewhat. Janet, your gs is a cutie. Looks like you have alot of fun with him. My grandkids are 14, 2 and 2. The 14 year old is autistic so he doesn't have a wide interest span but he loves movies and the WII. I will get him movie tickets for

EAster. The little ones will get baskets. Hey I bought a brand new Schwinn ladies cruiser bike right out of the newspaper. It has a horn, light, rims, and a nice seat. It is two shades of green. I love it and boy did I get a deal on that. Can't wait to start riding it. I will talk with you all later.:thumbup:

Cheerio for now,

Beckyo

Beckyo

I will see if I have a day that is open in the near future. I believe it would be at least a 6-7 hour drive. Hubby thinks so, too. Please keep us up-to-date on things, Julie. You are our friend and we care about you!

Julie, I'm so very sorry to hear about your illness. I was ill last summer for two months and it is no fun. I will be praying for you. Nice that you have a lap top available and that you feel well enough to use it. Just concentrate on getting well and try not to worry too much about everything (and everyone) else. Becky, glad your kitchen is almost done. My mom was a caregiver like you are. Sounds like you do a great job. I leave for Vegas in the morning, can't wait to get to some warm weather. It was really snowy and cold here today. Martyh, Phyll gave you great advice, just try to relax and take it one day at a time. Check in here for support, these ladies are all fabulous. Long, now I know who to blame for this weather! I didn't realize you were buying sandals, so stop for goodness sake. LOL. Hope you all have a wonder Easter and wish me luck on my Vegas trip. Linda

Mrs. Bubba we are all praying for your recovery. So glad you have less pain and they are testing and making sure they have all the information for your diagnosis.

Phyl, have you found Janet!! She was going to see Trace Atkins Friday night. Next weekend is Easter weekend and she was going to her sons. Hope all is well, with her.

Good luck with your trip to Vegas Linda. Have a great time.

Well, I am finally in onederland!!!!!! I am so happy.

Best wishes, Holly

April exercise 3/20

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/img]

Not much time to check in...spring work has hit us (not in the field yet..just readying equipment, etc.). Have a table full of guys for dinner today and making the cakes for MIL 89th bday tomorrow. We have a crowd coming and will be a big day.

Happy to hear you are feeling better, Janet. DH has the same kind of thing going on. Nurse was here this morning to set him up with CPAP machine. I felt for him. All snotty and trying so hard to try the machine out. Took three hours but think he has a handle on it now. He had 2 sleep studies and results were that he has same rare sleep disorder as DS. Nurse scared him into wearing every night. We'll see. DS takes his with him when he travels and hope that DH does the same.

Todays menu: White chicken chilli, homemade (up at 5am to get it going) whole wheat bread made with honey and cottage cheese....so nice and moist, and pumpkin cake with cr. cheese frosting.

Chili recipe: (I'm cutting it down to a 4th of what I made)

4 cups Water...bring to a boil

2 cups diced chicken

2 tbls low salt chicken bullion

1 can butter bean

1 can black Beans

1 can great northern beans

1 TBLS chili powder (more is wanted)

2 cups Fat Free sour cream

Simmer for 30 minutes...stir often

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm off to head to town for farm parts, to the bank, to the PO to mail Easter box to DS and GF and then to visit my 88 yr old best friend.

Apples - I love reading your daily menu and receipts !!!! Keep them comming - Going to try this one...

Apples that sounds so good I am going to try it. Thank you I am always looking for something new to make.

Janet you are such a good GM your GD and GS are very lucky. I have 1 GS and 2 GD and they are amazing.

I am going to step up the work our like you suggested.

Have a great time at the the concert tonight....I love him too.

We were at the Agua Calente while you were on your cruise or I would have loved to meet you. We stayed 3 nights and had a great time.....what a beautiful place the rooms are amazing. Next time we go to Palm Springs I hope that we can get together.

Have FUN tonight.....and your right he is very HOT.

Rose - Next time you are in town call me - I will p.m. you my #'s !! I would love to meet you !!!

Had a good time - but gotta say that I enjoyed the concert in Laughlin last yr a little more - smaller venue (I could see the sweat on his face and we weren't in the front row)...

I have 2 GD's 14 & 5 and then my GS who's 18 and lives with me - They are one of the reasons I got banded - I want to be around for them..

My GS told me Friday - that his friend (female) thought I was a cute & skinny GM

Apples, great recipes, I printed them and hope to make them soon. I'm heading out Monday to Vegas to visit DS and DIL and see their new house. I was hoping to work on my tan, but checking the weather it doesn't look great - low 70s -- oh well, won't be much time for that anyway I suppose. Have a great weekend everyone.

Linda

Linda - Just do what I do for a tan - buy the tan in a bottle or spray can - it's so much quicker - who has time to lay in the sun :0)

Have a great time with your family - I am going to see mine for Easter too...

Good morning! This website has been frustrating lately with the email notifications. I like getting them and rely on them a lot vs coming here and going to my CP and checking there. The email things aren't working again. I just knew the boards coudlnt' be that quiet!

I was finally down one more today my first pound in almost 3 weeks again, so hopefully I'll lose a few this week before I stall again. I notice it is getting much slower as I get closer and closer to goal. I am a half pound from the 180's!! My dr highest goal for me is anything under 180, that's just over 10 to go for that. But I'd like to shoot for the normal BMI which is just more than 20. Heck after 115 that sounds like nothing now, but suppose could be the hardest 20.

We were supposed to get another blizzard in the night. So far we only have an inch or so but is supposed to snow most of the day. And that wind is oh so cold. Ever since I got my new sandals it's been snowy! What's up with that??

Long CONGRATs on your loss !! I agree to go for normal - I loved the challenge of it and heck after all the weight you have lost already another 20 lbs is nothing - I got to my 1st goal in May 08 160 (90 lbs) - got to 150 1 yrs & 1 week and then the rest just came off by eating healthy and exercising

Friday it was so windy here it was just awful -

Hey everyone!

I thought I would join on this board for some support. I have been banded since 8/1 and have lost steadily until the 1st of the year. I have only lost 5 pounds since then. I still continue to exercise but the snacking has increased and the Water intake has been minimal. I am getting my next fill this Tuesday and I am excited and nervous about it. The last time I got a fill 10/08 it was way too tight. I have been scared of getting next fill but I really need it and I really need to get committed to the basics again. I have started tracking my food again and I am ready to get the scales moving again.

Claudia - Welcome !!! You have already been given great advice - I am a firm believer in Tracking - I did it for the 1st year. Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories burn - simple math and snacking is fine as long as you have healthy Snacks and stay within your calorie budget... My calorie budget during my weight loss phase was 800-1200 varied and exercise 4-5 times a week.

I don't track on paper anymore - but I do track in my head - I am very very aware of what goes in my mouth now a days..

Glad to have you join our group - it's a really great one even if I do say so myself...

Oh ya - 69.8 lbs in 8 months is great 8.73 lbs average weight loss per month That's Very Very Good...

Now that you are back on track - it will start coming off again...

Claudine...was going to mention. You have an amazingly beautiful face. I take it your avatar is a real photo of yourself. Mine is...are't I pretty????????????

Apples - LMAO :smile::lol::wub:

[

Here is a problem I do not know how to handle and I did not expect...I have 2 daughters who are 12 and 14.

Now the weight I have lost is really showing and both of my girls are having problems with it.

I now weight slightly less than my oldest and I did not realize that. She asked me the other day how much I weighed. In retrospect I should have lied and told her I didn't know because that is when I find out that I weighed a little less.

So since that time we have talked and long story short I am making her to the treadmill everyday with me unless we go to the gym which we all like.

then last night my oldest was not with us but we went out to dinner and my youngest was with. So she orders the chicken tenders and steak and I order just the steak. Well when the food comes the idiot server screws up all the meals. After we switch everything around my youngest gets upset because I always get the smallest meal and everyone thinks her "huge" meal should be mine, etc etc.

She was on the point of tears. I screwed up in the very beginning when I first had surgery. My oldest had went from a size 18 to 16. So I wanted to keep her jeans for when I got that size. They heard that and apparently I didn't really think that through. My DH said if you get to that size you will buy your own stuff. I agreed because I didn't realize how difficult this was going to be on them. I have talked to them about it and how I am doing this to be healthier to live longer. I didn't mean to make this so long I just never expected this and I don't know how to continue to loss weight and not upset them.

Niecey

Niecey - #1 don't let your daughter deter your goal to be healthy - I think that you really should stress the health issues with your girls.

How did you screw up in the beginning ??

I would assume that you are cooking healthy meals now that you are banded and not buying as much junk

Sit them down and talk to them - do this as a family - agree no more junk food in the house -taking them exercising with you is great!!

They need to get healthy too - it's not about being a size - it's about our health and they need to learn healthy eating & exercise habits now.

As most of us know it's so hard to be overweight and especially when you are a teenager.

I stress healthy eating to my 2 GD's they are 5 and 14 -

Hi everyone... Haven't been rear for a few days, and probably shouldn't be here now.. It seems I can't type much at all..for give all the mistakes...Life has taken a nasty twist for me.. I told you that I went to ERt with pains that seemed like a heart attach on Tueesdy....They said my heart was fine and finally blamed my band and took out the full8.8 cc's Well this didn't help and I was in misery from Tuesday night until Thursday morning.. I drove to Bismarck thinking that a chiropractor treatment would maybe help with the back pain... It didn't...called my surgeon and he was in surgery and could not see me til Friday so I called mt GP..... More tests and this one got very upset to kno I'd been in pain so long.. Well ambulance again from clinie to hospital, more tests and emerg surgery..... Long storu short, I'm in the hospital and will be for about 30 days!!!!! with no food or drink. They first saud they had to take out my band........I cried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they didn't thanks goodness.... I have a drain in my large incison (yet again) And the dr doesn't like the looks of it, so more test and telling me the band will probably have to be taken out......But no, it is fine.... my problem seems to be a perforatted small bowell...So no food and little water for 30 day... They said I'm such a mess inside that it would take forever and not worth it.... You can't imagine how torn up about this I am..... I just whant to cry...I will miss Easter and my baby's birthday ................Well I should go as I' so week....Please pray for me gang... I really need it....Oh, I was going to tell you, too, that the last time I weighd way (Thursday monrn" I was 300.4...What a way to lose weight............ I just got my mother's lap-top. wo will try to keep in touch...Julie

Julie - Omw - GF - Hugs & prayers !!!!

Ya a hell of a way to lose the weight - I am so glad that you kept on those doctors !! What does your band have to do with the preforiaded bowel??

Do they know how it got perferated ???

Don't worry about your grammer and spelling hell I haven't had surgery or on drugs and I can't type or spell ...

There will be more Easters & Birthday's - You need to get well right now...

Again - sending love - hugs and prayers your way for a speedy recovery...

Marty - Phyls - advice below is great - One day at a time !!! Can't say it any better than she did - look forward to hearing from you again

Oh, my! Don't get all in a panic! You're still healing for one thing. You haven't had a fill. It will get better! At this point, it probably takes more will power than at any other stage because you have NO restriction. Follow the rules... the guidelines for eating that your doctor/nutritionist (we lovingly refer to as our "nut") as far as what you are eating. My doc said 1/2 cup food 6 times a day... so that's what I did. It's tough, but do whatever they told you to do. Keep it as low calorie as you can, minimum carbs, Protein first, etc. You're doing great with exercise.. mix up the walking with the free weights. YOU CAN DO THIS!! It will get so much better when you have some restriction... and it will probably take more than one fill, but you should notice a difference after the first one.

Most important.... keep coming back here for support, advice, encouragement.

WE CARE!!

Hey ladies, Sorry to hear about your problems Julie. I hope and pray you will feel better soon. I too was once in the hospital for 30 days with a ruptured appendix. Not fun at all but got through it. That was before we had computers tee hee! Well the lady I was caring for has passed away. She was a real sweetie and I enjoyed every minute with her. I made her laugh alot so that was a good thing. She had a rough couple of months there. Anyway, now I am at home again waiting on kitchen to get done. Electricity was all hooked up today in there and the stove. Don't have a countertop yet so my dd is going to have Easter dinner and I will help where I can. Man, I wish I could go on a trip. I need one. I have so much spring garden work to do that it isn't even funny. All my perennials are coming up fast now. Well, the scale didn't move much for about a month. Finally I dropped 1 1/2 lbs. I am tracking again and boy does that tell a story. Plus I am going to use your recipes also, Apples. The bean one sounds good to me. Lately with the weather being warm, then cold, then warm, then cold my bones are hurting somewhat. Janet, your gs is a cutie. Looks like you have alot of fun with him. My grandkids are 14, 2 and 2. The 14 year old is autistic so he doesn't have a wide interest span but he loves movies and the WII. I will get him movie tickets for

EAster. The little ones will get baskets. Hey I bought a brand new Schwinn ladies cruiser bike right out of the newspaper. It has a horn, light, rims, and a nice seat. It is two shades of green. I love it and boy did I get a deal on that. Can't wait to start riding it. I will talk with you all later.:wub:

Cheerio for now,

Beckyo

Beckyo

Becky Sorry that your lady died - Hugs..

Aren't grandkids just great - All 3 of mine will get baskets - I bought cards today - and a little $$ will go in those

Great idea with the bike - we were talking about that the other day at work - it's just that our window of nice weather is so small - during the summer it's to hot - even at 6 a.m and night too hot too... So it's just me and the gym -

-----------------------------------------------

OK gang - sorry I have been MIA - But I have been busying doing stuff around the house - planted flowers and when I get on the computer nothing gets done - so I have been avoiding it... :smile2: I felt the need to plant some roses and work in the yard yesterday - let me tell you digging is hard work -- and all that bending over - but I love my roses..

Ok - it's 8 - got on here at 7 (see what I mean)

Will talk to you all in the morning - Hugs

MsBubba get well soon and hang in there. I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time.

Janet I totally agree with you....I like a small venue so much better. I am getting to the point that I cannot handle crowds like I used to. I guess it comes with age. Thats what my kids tell me.

I had a great weekend the weather was beautiful and did some yard work and relaxed.

Tomorrow is the dentist....yuck but it has to get done.

Have a great Monday everyone.