Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I have the sags also, Janet. Just natures way after all this weight loss. I was well-endowed as early as 4th grade and not to my delight. It was embarrassing and the boys noticed and made snide comments. Oh well, it just made me who I am today!

I found the BEST bras ever. They are a bit spendy ($74) but NEVER ride up and hold the girls up where they wanna be. The brand name is Le Mysterey. I have never worn a padded bra in my life but now it is necessary. Makes sweaters and tshirts look much better.

Lori, I just saw your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!!!! You look so young. You have a great waistline! Wow! Dr. Phil couldn't do it, but you did!!!!! Congratulations!

Love,

Ellen

Ellen, aren't you sweet? Thanks. That photo was actually at 90 lbs since I hadn't taken a 100 yet and I am now at 112 lbs lost!! WOO HOO!! I have less than 30 to go, possibly less than 20 to get to my dr. highest goal but I think I want to go for the normal BMI

I have the sags also, Janet. Just natures way after all this weight loss. I was well-endowed as early as 4th grade and not to my delight. It was embarrassing and the boys noticed and made snide comments. Oh well, it just made me who I am today!

I found the BEST bras ever. They are a bit spendy ($74) but NEVER ride up and hold the girls up where they wanna be. The brand name is Le Mysterey. I have never worn a padded bra in my life but now it is necessary. Makes sweaters and tshirts look much better.

Where does one find these mystery bras? I lost a lot of mine but started at 42dd so there's still plenty left but sagging. I also have the sags in my thighs but luckily that's easy to cover up other than in a swimsuit.

Hi Just trying to figure out how to set up this ticker. I was banded on March 4 and I'm doing pretty good. Today was the first day I was able to eat a little more than usual. I was starving after a long day of shopping and ate too fast. I was ok but I could see where that would definetly be a problem especially when I get my first fill on March 23. Its a process and I will try my best to succeed.:)

weight.png

Hi Everyone, had a lot of reading to do to catch up with all of you. Long, God Bless you and your DH, what an ordeal and so glad your DH is okay. What a scare. I hope he's doing okay and will keep him in my prayers. Also congrats on the 113 lbs. That's just fantastic! Janet, you are such a great role model - thank you again for sharing about the mini muffins -- that's why we all love you so much -- because you admit it when your head hunger gets to you and give us the strength to follow in your footsteps. Ellen, welcome back and I look forward to getting to know you. Feeling better since my fill ordeal, I did Water aerobics Thurs. night and that seemed to help the ab pain go away. It's so nice to have some restriction, so it was definitely worth all the trouble. Well, it's late and I gotta get up and work in the morning, so will say goodnight. Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Linda

Maybe tomorrow I will go to Macy's and see it they carry them - I'm a 34C - would be a small B if it wasn't for the extra skin - When I was young they were 34b - 42D was my biggest..

Hi Just trying to figure out how to set up this ticker. I was banded on March 4 and I'm doing pretty good. Today was the first day I was able to eat a little more than usual. I was starving after a long day of shopping and ate too fast. I was ok but I could see where that would definetly be a problem especially when I get my first fill on March 23. Its a process and I will try my best to succeed.:)

Mobo - Got your ticker working:thumbup: Yep eating too fast is a big problem - and for most of us we did it period - but if we are hungry - by the 3rd bite you know you ate to fast and if you want to eat your meal - you gotta eat slow..

#1 rule - take try out of your vocabulary and replace will will...

Hi Everyone, had a lot of reading to do to catch up with all of you. Long, God Bless you and your DH, what an ordeal and so glad your DH is okay. What a scare. I hope he's doing okay and will keep him in my prayers. Also congrats on the 113 lbs. That's just fantastic! Janet, you are such a great role model - thank you again for sharing about the mini muffins -- that's why we all love you so much -- because you admit it when your head hunger gets to you and give us the strength to follow in your footsteps. Ellen, welcome back and I look forward to getting to know you. Feeling better since my fill ordeal, I did Water aerobics Thurs. night and that seemed to help the ab pain go away. It's so nice to have some restriction, so it was definitely worth all the trouble. Well, it's late and I gotta get up and work in the morning, so will say goodnight. Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Linda

Thanks Linda - yep I'm human - I don't have this thing beat and doubt that I ever will - I just don't let my guard down too much around food most days - but there are time when I do over do it - I am a little concerned about my cruise - what am I going to do without my popcorn and all the temptations -

As you all know advoidance has been the key to my success - I am not in situations where I am surrounded by food I can't say no too - As you who have cruised you know that's not the case - I will be surrounded by food food food - but between taking my tennies and watching all the other overweight pple stuffing their faces - I will look at all that stuff and Just Say NO and if I can't say No - then treadmill or track here I come - I gotta make sure my ipod if fully charged cuz i bet you I will be exercising most likely every day !!!! Plus on top of that (food) I have the drinks!!! that alone will add some poundage - those drinks of the day are great !!!

Well, it will work out - not too worried about it - it's vacation after all and being in a cabin with 2 18 yrs is going to drive me to drink :) I can already see it - I will be in bed by 11 or 12 and here they come in whenever the club closed - giggling and making noise...

Well, I am headed to bed - Will talke to you all in the morning...

Ok ya - I jogged today - for one whole song (michael jackson pretty young thing) - that was a 1st for me and then I jogged for most of another one too..

You know we let our minds tell us we can't do stuff but when we do try our bodies can do it - - our bodies are telling our brains - shut up brain - I am in shape I can do this now - don't tell me I can't.... But our brains are so programed from years of training saying - Oh ya fatty I'd like to see you jog... Well you know what even this 54 yr old lady can jog a bit... I loved it and felt very impowered by it..

Hi guys-

I got my band on Tuesday March 10th and am looking for someone I can pester with silly questions.

I am feeling pretty good with the exception of the refferd pain in my shoulder. Oh well- I know that there is nothing I can do about that.

Any suggestions about this weird acid reflux kind of feeling in my upper chest/esophogaus area? also, out of nowehere last night i starting coughing and vomited- I was so scared about vomiting but couldn't help it- not much cam e up since there was not much in and I have no idea where that came from- I am feeling a bit light headed but I know from my urine I am hydrateted enough.

On this week of fluids should I be following a schedule or an amount of fluids during a certain time? my dc did not give me anything like that to follow and I am still not clear when I am feeling "full"- it is so bizarre to not really know my body right now...any thoughts or suggestions appreciated-!

Good Morning !!!

How is everyone this morning... My little Angel had me up at 6 :) - Tired to go back to sleep but couldn't..

I went to a jewelry party last night with one of my bff's who just cracks me up - she is one funny chick - I have known her 30 yrs now and I think we were sisters in another life.. I got some bling for my cruise - 1 week from today !!!!! :)

Did well eating the treats at the party 1/2 of a brownie (my most fav thing) 2 choc strawberries and 1 mini cheesecake - coffee and balies (sp) then had an eggbeater omelet for dinner...

Today will be my Target shopping day - and maybe go to the mall for that bra Apples talked about - I think it's Oprah's Fav bra if I remember correctly...

Kathy - we haven't heard from you for a while - hows it going...

Sharon - Have you left for your Mom's yet - Have fun and enjoy her..

I know that you all that have your parents - have alot of frustrations that go along with aged parents - but speaking from an Orphan's position - enjoy they as much as you can while you still have them - I was just looking at pic's this morning of my parents (my Mom died in 70 - My Dad & Step mom in 92) and I wonder what it would be like to still have them - especially my Mom.. Don't get me wrong I am a totally Daddy's girl - but I will always wonder what it would have been like to have my Mom around at the age that we could have been friends - I was 15 when she died and you know how much most 15 yrs get along with their Mom (now well in my case)

Well I should go jump in the shower - it's almost 8 here...

So have a good day ... I will ck in later

Remember LBT will be down tonite at midnite eastern time and will be down for 4-6 hrs...

Good Morning Chickadees!!!!!!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Trying to get my house done from top to bottom this weekend, get ahead of the bookwork and get some cooking and baking done and in the freezer b/4 I leave for VEGAS a week from now. Just about done with it all. Will be making a Spanish rice casserole made with sirloin tips, a broccoli chicken bake, and my DH's fav...(I call it funeral hotdish). It's plain old macaroni, hamburger, corn and good old Tomato Soup. It gags me but his favorite and I'll to anything for that guy! I already have chili, homemade turkey pot pies and a variety of bars in the freezer. That should get them through till mommy gets home.

OK..back to the bra discussion. I found these bras by mistake. There's this really unique shop about 45 miles away from where I live. This lady carries pretty high end items (Geiger coats and sweaters, Carol Fisher, etc.) Went in last fall to buy a "planned treat" for myself because I had hit goal. I knew that she carried Spanx bras and panties so thought I would try them. Didn't like them. Too loose and not enough support. The straps were not adjustable (weird, huh?). The clerk suggested I try Le Mysterey bras. I FELL IN LOVE!!! I love an underwire and always have...the fit was perfect and no riding up. I know you can get them online like thru Macys, Dillards, and I think Amazon.com carries them.

Long....I think I would wait (since they are so expensive) until I got about 10# from goal. The reason I say this is; my boobies changed even after being at goal for a couple of months. Hit goal in Oct., bought two $74 bras. Well, by Feb. my twin girls had changed.

Janet...........I HAVE TO HAVE at least one bag of popcorn a day if not two. I am stressing also about not having it for a week but will just deal. I have always been a popcorn nut.

You've got your head on straight about this trip already. That's what a successful person does..."planned exercise" and "planned treats". Oh yeh, and "planned foo foo drinks"! You know that you can divert your attention away from the temptations most of the time. You're on vacation...have the foo foo drinks, a couple of treats and try to fill in with veggies and fruit when needed. You'll do just fine. You should try what I drink when I go out. I carry the little generic brand (Target...I like them better than Crystal Light and half the price) packets and put them in my Grey Goose vodka and Water. I always ask for a tall and sip slowly so it doesn't come up and kick me in the butt. I was a cheap one b/4 surgery and that has multiplied but I still partake and have fun.

If I had two 18 yr olds in my cabin...I'd be closing down the bar with them! One of the reasons is that I cannot go to bed and be asleep and get woken up...I have a heck of a time getting back to sleep. Another reason is that I plain just like to have fun whether I have a drink in my hand or not!

Better get back at it. Had already packed for my trip but laying in bed last night and decided I needed a bigger suitcase and MORE clothes in it. Why not! Just have to make sure I don't go over 50# on the one case. You all have the nicest of Sundays!!!!!!!

Good Morning Chickadees!!!!!!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Trying to get my house done from top to bottom this weekend, get ahead of the bookwork and get some cooking and baking done and in the freezer b/4 I leave for VEGAS a week from now. Just about done with it all. Will be making a Spanish rice casserole made with sirloin tips, a broccoli chicken bake, and my DH's fav...(I call it funeral hotdish). It's plain old macaroni, hamburger, corn and good old Tomato Soup. It gags me but his favorite and I'll to anything for that guy! I already have chili, homemade turkey pot pies and a variety of bars in the freezer. That should get them through till mommy gets home.

OK..back to the bra discussion. I found these bras by mistake. There's this really unique shop about 45 miles away from where I live. This lady carries pretty high end items (Geiger coats and sweaters, Carol Fisher, etc.) Went in last fall to buy a "planned treat" for myself because I had hit goal. I knew that she carried Spanx bras and panties so thought I would try them. Didn't like them. Too loose and not enough support. The straps were not adjustable (weird, huh?). The clerk suggested I try Le Mysterey bras. I FELL IN LOVE!!! I love an underwire and always have...the fit was perfect and no riding up. I know you can get them online like thru Macys, Dillards, and I think Amazon.com carries them.

Long....I think I would wait (since they are so expensive) until I got about 10# from goal. The reason I say this is; my boobies changed even after being at goal for a couple of months. Hit goal in Oct., bought two $74 bras. Well, by Feb. my twin girls had changed.

Janet...........I HAVE TO HAVE at least one bag of popcorn a day if not two. I am stressing also about not having it for a week but will just deal. I have always been a popcorn nut.

You've got your head on straight about this trip already. That's what a successful person does..."planned exercise" and "planned treats". Oh yeh, and "planned foo foo drinks"! You know that you can divert your attention away from the temptations most of the time. You're on vacation...have the foo foo drinks, a couple of treats and try to fill in with veggies and fruit when needed. You'll do just fine. You should try what I drink when I go out. I carry the little generic brand (Target...I like them better than Crystal Light and half the price) packets and put them in my Grey Goose vodka and Water. I always ask for a tall and sip slowly so it doesn't come up and kick me in the butt. I was a cheap one b/4 surgery and that has multiplied but I still partake and have fun.

If I had two 18 yr olds in my cabin...I'd be closing down the bar with them! One of the reasons is that I cannot go to bed and be asleep and get woken up...I have a heck of a time getting back to sleep. Another reason is that I plain just like to have fun whether I have a drink in my hand or not!

Better get back at it. Had already packed for my trip but laying in bed last night and decided I needed a bigger suitcase and MORE clothes in it. Why not! Just have to make sure I don't go over 50# on the one case. You all have the nicest of Sundays!!!!!!!

Hi guys-

I got my band on Tuesday March 10th and am looking for someone I can pester with silly questions.

I am feeling pretty good with the exception of the refferd pain in my shoulder. Oh well- I know that there is nothing I can do about that.

Any suggestions about this weird acid reflux kind of feeling in my upper chest/esophogaus area? also, out of nowehere last night i starting coughing and vomited- I was so scared about vomiting but couldn't help it- not much cam e up since there was not much in and I have no idea where that came from- I am feeling a bit light headed but I know from my urine I am hydrateted enough.

On this week of fluids should I be following a schedule or an amount of fluids during a certain time? my dc did not give me anything like that to follow and I am still not clear when I am feeling "full"- it is so bizarre to not really know my body right now...any thoughts or suggestions appreciated-!

Marty

What did you eat to cause the pbing -are you taking chewable pectic for the heart burn - my doc gave me instructions to have all this on hand prior to coming home - gas in the shoulder gas x strips - walking helps

I would eat 1/2 cup of Soups (are you on Clear liquids or full liquids) - If you throw up any more call your doc - you are healing.

Don't mean to be mean here but what did your doc do besides band you..

The whole feeling full is totally diff now - you have to eat your half cup of Soup and then sit and think about how your tummy feels - not your brain cuz that's going to tell you you haven't eaten enough.

Tell me exactly what you are eating and when - yes you should be eating on a schedule and are you a man or a woman (with your name you could be either one and it does make a diff on how many calories you can have )

Apples - you gotta leave room in the suitcase for purchase in Vegas - You gotta go to the outlets on Charleston - they are great - and this way you come home with stuff instead of just giving your $$$ to the machines..

I love the crystal lite/target brand idea in a drink - I will have to think of what flavor I am going to take - I am either a gin or tequilla girl myself - I have to becareful cuz the lemonaid ones will give me hb sometimes - note to self get some pecid chewables...

Ya I have a plan - I know what needs to be done - but sticking to it worries me cuz I love too many sweets when away from home and really don't what to get that I'm on vacation mentally and go hog wild...

But again this is vacation so I will relax some and I know that when I come home I will be glad to get back to my normal food routine - but for me it's going to be nice to have someone else cooking my meals..

I may just pop some corn and put it in my suitcase - wonder what security will think :thumbup::):)

As far as the drink mixes are concerned - DH and I like the Walmart brand a lot - They are also much cheaper than the Crystal Light drinks - and they have more flavor variety (and flavor!).

Ellen - welcome back. I hope your family issues calm down a bit soon. I know better than to hope you get back to normal, as I don't believe in "normal" anymore. At least my family has never made it back there - not sure what it would be now. Take care of yourself - you just can't be everything to everybody, they must be able to stand on their own as much as possible. I'm so glad to see you back with us. We have missed you.

Welcome to our new posters. I've been on this thread since well before my banding and it is a great place to get the information and support we all need. This is where you learn how it's done!

Apples - you gotta leave room in the suitcase for purchase in Vegas - You gotta go to the outlets on Charleston - they are great - and this way you come home with stuff instead of just giving your $$$ to the machines..

I love the crystal lite/target brand idea in a drink - I will have to think of what flavor I am going to take - I am either a gin or tequilla girl myself - I have to becareful cuz the lemonaid ones will give me hb sometimes - note to self get some pecid chewables...

Ya I have a plan - I know what needs to be done - but sticking to it worries me cuz I love too many sweets when away from home and really don't what to get that I'm on vacation mentally and go hog wild...

But again this is vacation so I will relax some and I know that when I come home I will be glad to get back to my normal food routine - but for me it's going to be nice to have someone else cooking my meals..

I may just pop some corn and put it in my suitcase - wonder what security will think :thumbup::):)

Security will think you are nuts for bringing your own popcorn, of course!

Never been to outlet shops on Charleston. Will have to check out on the internet b/4 I leave and swing by them. I'm kind of set and closets are full so really don't know what I need but can always look. I am even set for the 5 weddings we have this summer. Found a few beautiful dresses and shoes.

The problem I have is that I TRY not to overpack but I

ALWAYS do. I will be in Vegas for six nights (away from home for total of 8 cuz staying with a friend in Mpls when I fly out and come back) and I think I have 12 outfits packed....RIDICULOUS!!!! What to do?????????? Pack more is my answer!

I love the Peach Tea, Rasp. Tea, Kiwi strawberry that is Vitamin Enhanced (blue box and clear color when mixed). My DH drinks the same as I do and that last one is his favorite. Just carry one of those little umbrellas, go to the buffet table and get a toothpick, put some fruit on it and put both in drink. You'll be foo-fooing all vacation for a lot less calories.