Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I have to get in on this dinner/lunch/supper discussion because I have a good story. In 1991 when we were transferred to Oklahoma with Boeing, we were having a house built. During the painting stage, there was something that I was unhappy with and wanted fixed/changed. So I called the builder's wife who managed all the workers and told her about it. So she called me back and told me that the painter said he would be there right after dinner. So, next day, I made sure we were home.... at 6 pm! No painter. So I called her back. She didn't know what happened but told me we'd try again the next day, right after dinner. This went on for 3 days. Next time I called her she got mad at me and told me that painter had been there EVERY DAY at 1pm and I wasn't there! That's when I learned the difference between lunch and dinner in that part of the country!!

Scale moved big time today and I am delighted to be under 220 for the first time in almost 30 years!

I have to get in on this dinner/lunch/supper discussion because I have a good story. In 1991 when we were transferred to Oklahoma with Boeing, we were having a house built. During the painting stage, there was something that I was unhappy with and wanted fixed/changed. So I called the builder's wife who managed all the workers and told her about it. So she called me back and told me that the painter said he would be there right after dinner. So, next day, I made sure we were home.... at 6 pm! No painter. So I called her back. She didn't know what happened but told me we'd try again the next day, right after dinner. This went on for 3 days. Next time I called her she got mad at me and told me that painter had been there EVERY DAY at 1pm and I wasn't there! That's when I learned the difference between lunch and dinner in that part of the country!!

Scale moved big time today and I am delighted to be under 220 for the first time in almost 30 years!

That is too funny. Well,Y'all....... I never thought about the lunch....dinner....supper thing till it was brought up on this thread. I call breakfast...breakfast and lunch .....lunch, but when it comes to supper , dinner...... I call going out to eat in the evening....dinner, and eating at home in the evening ....supper.

Phyl, AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS! CONGRATS!

Apples, I grew up on a farm in Ohio and even there we had "dinner" and "supper". Even my grandma in the city had her largest meal at midday and then a lighter meal for supper. I think about the all the food we ate back on the farm -- we were never fat -- worked much to hard to be fat, but boy did we eat. I love to cook also, but I couldn't stand to smell homemade bread/rolls rising and baking -- that would drive me crazy. Just thinking about homemade bread makes me hungry. Becky, that woman is so lucky you are such a caring person -- you saved her life. My MIL died at 87 when she was recovering from her broken hip when she got a blood clot. Congrats Julie on your loss, now try to stay off that scale for awhile. I love your GD's name -- that is so beautiful. My GD's name is Aylah which I also love. Holly, congrats on your loss too -- that's fabulous! I had a great day today -- a couple of my friends and me went to a bigger town (about 30 mins. south of here) and had pedicures and our eyebrows waxed, lunch (salad at Applebee's) and shopped. It was 73 here today -- a new record and it was heavenly! Sorry for those of you who still have snow. We might get some next week, which will be tough to take after this great weather. Phyll I loved your story -- that's a classic and congrats on your new weight loss milestone - that great and your an inspiration to us newer bandsters. Janet I do hope you're feeling better tonight, colds are the worst. Charlene, your little Charlie is so cute -- I have a little long haired dashound named Merry -- she's turning 10 this year, but is so sweet. My previous dog lived to be just a few months shy of 20 years old. Well, hope everyone has a great evening. I'll check in again later. Linda

Hello Everyone, My week has been going pretty good at keeping my journal. Because of my foot, I still am not able to use my treadmill. But I do use my Wii Training. Works up a sweat and gets the heart rate up. I did have one night that really sucked. I could taste my sleep meds:scared2:. until they finally made me gag. Then I had heartburn, nothing would make it go away. Got up at 11:30pm drank a glass of milk and ate 1/2 bag of Heathbar crunch (left overs from covered pretzels). Then my mind reasoned that I would only eat the rest tomorrow, sooooooo I ate the rest. The heartburn was gone and I slept like I never ate it until the morning came and I had to face myself. Couldn't look at this site for days, knowing how well everyone is doing:hurt:Have been kicking myself since then. But I'm over it and WON'T have that in the house again.Thanks for listening or reading. Bonnie

I am going to kill someone !!!!!! I typed this big old post in reply to everyone and it went poof......

Ok here I go again it may be shorter this time

Holly - My coat is from the mid 60's it's sleeve are elbow length - the style back then - I have never worn it - living in the desert - really no need and I have never went anywhere that's fancy enough or cold enought to wear it - and if i did I would be afarid that some animal activist would throw red paint on me :cursing:

I love the pic of me on a snowmobile with my mink on :)

My scales were alway about 4-5 diff than my doc's - (his were higher) but again - I weigh NAKE 1st thing in the morning - so I counted my scales and not his - cuz I liked the # on mine better - So just take your scale since it's a lower number - one time I bought a bigest loser scales cuz mine only show .5 and wanted the .2 kind - but that scale said I was 10 lbs heaiver than my scale and the doc- so it went back to the store

NeNe - Welcome to our group - look forward to having you join us !!!!

Phly Love that story & CONGRAT on being under 220 in 30 yrs that is freaking awesome - wtg - that fill is just what you needed.

Julie - Yep that's why I say stay off the scale - But congrats on your 2lbs loss - that's great and just the boost you need.. Now stay off the dang thing til next thrusday :)

Apples did you use diet coke or reg coke

Janet...you and me both!!!!! I had responded to everyone....great big long post and "POOF"...gone. I said "damn it".

The roast is made with real Coke...one can. I take about a 3lb roast, (I brown it first b/4 I put in crock pot), sprinkle with onion or garlic powder, dump the can of coke over it and let it cook. I don't make gravy out of it but I have friends that do.

LJV...cooking and baking really don't get to me. I'm a planner so I just make sure I have my own meals planned for the day if I feel I cannot eat what I am cooking or baking. I used to drool like my black lab but now I have myself conditioned to not even crave what I cannot have. I do believe in treating myself to homemade Cookies, bars, cakes, breads......but small portions and very rarely and I "plan" my treats. (Well, not right now cuz I am trying to gain a few back). But, when I am really watching it and in the weight loss stages, I had my planned treats. I would never allow impulse treats. It really did help to make me not feel as if I was being deprived.

Phyll...such a funny story about your painters. I would be telling that story over and over!

OK girls..Janet asked about the popcorn. I did use my air popper last night but I have another way I make it that's easy and healthy. Take a brown paper lunch bag. Put 1/4 yellow popcorn seeds..fold bag over just a bit and then put three staples in the top. Set your microwave on the popcorn setting for the 3.2 oz. and pop away. You need to be careful so the staples to not get in with your popcorn! I just cut the top off right away with a pair of scissors and throw away. I use Pam spray or Butter Buds brand and also ICBINB spray.

Speaking of popcorn......................bye bye...

Julie....explained the coke roast above and about the beer bread...it is make in a loaf pan and has a beer taste...we love it. It's a cross between a biscuit and short bread. It's made with self-rising flour and beer. If you type it in a recipe would be sure to pop up!

Sharon where are you girl.... How's your day today...

Just a quick catch up post. visit going okay, mom is driving me a little nuts but that was to be expected! LOL Grandma is doing great.

Dinner/supper. Growing up in WI lunch was dinner and the evening meal was the biggest of the day and it was supper. Also a soda was a pop.

Coke roast: make it all the time, very good. Also make a BBQ pork with coke. I take a pork roast, coke, onion and BBQ Sauce. Cook til pork is shreddable, shred it put it back in and cook and it's great for sandwiches. I use diet pepsi actually for both.

Weight: Lost 1 1/2 lbs today!! WOO HOO!!

Root Canal: went back in to almost finish them yesterday. The roots are done but need to go in again for bonding and sealing???? UGH!! My boss told me to take the day off today. WOO HOO!!

Long, Coke roast..........YUM! I will have to try it.

So glad to see Grandma is doing great during this transition. Mom, well, hopefully things will get better. Take Care of Yourself!

I have been walking everyday, but the ticker is not moving......I WILL keep it up and I know I will eventually go down.

8_4_146.gif

You girls need to quit talking about all that good food. It sounds sooo good. Well as far as the lady goes, am glad she is now in the hospital. I am not much getting my weight to move very fast. Yesterday I walked 3 miles so that was good. I got a question. I had a fill around 3 weeks ago or so. I can eat with not much problem but I am still having trouble with meat. Grant it, I haven't been hungry on sliders and things like cottage cheese, eggs, sausage, cheese etc, but when I go to eat a piece of chicken or real meat, I can not get it down after about 3 bites. Now I do drink and eat plenty, but I do not stay full. Am I too tight? talk to you all tonight.

Beckyo

Hi all..... Just home from my trip to Bismarck with Mother.. Got her to 3 doctors appts... The results remain the same.. seizure medicine and no driving....ND says must be 6 months seizure free to drive again... Also took care of a big errand for Mom and her sisiter that has been hanging over my head, so that is done now, too.. Got Mom her new printer and a new lamp that she wanted and then did my grocery shopping for my big meal I'm preparing for Sunday... I'm pooped!!! Groceries are in a put away... Now to regroup before having to go to church tonight.. Here in our town we recognize and take part in "World Day of Prayer"... That's today and I have a part in the program... Am looking forward to the after so I can come home and veg in my chair... With all the running around I had no time to eat.. Grabbed a piece of summer sausage on the way out the door at 7:00 am and then ate a banana after shopping at Wal-mart.. Almost grabbed something else,but remembered the bananas and put it back on the shelf... Had some chocolate milk when I home, so I'm about 400 calories for the day.. Will have a nice salad for supper I think.....

Long, congrats on the loss... and yes, we say "pop" here... Soda is something you use in baking!!!!! LOL....

Apples, thanks for the recipe tips... I'll have to try them...

Phyll.. loved your story... my mother has a similar one she has always told... and congrats on your loss, too....

Hey Bonnie, you hang in there... I've been there and I understand your feeling guilty.. but blow it off and start again.. You'll be great...

Becky, I'm about like you right now.. I feel way more restriction with solid meat than anything.. Last night I only got one bit of a pork chop down... had to wait a while to eat a little something else.. But I was after restriction so will not complain at all.. Maybe my scale will move again soon!!!

Janet, I always tell the people at my doctor's office that their scale is wrong.. Of course I also weigh naked at home.. Really I think mine is about right on at doc's office. I'm usually 2 pounds more there, but with clothes (no shoes) and then maybe Breakfast or at least Water, that makes the difference...

I, too, lost a post one day.. Just like you said, Poof, it was gone. Funny thing is that later in the day it just magically appeared again.. I had already typed a new one so had to erase it, but it was very odd

Well, thanks for listening girls.. I'm so enjoying being here with all of you.. You are just what I needed to get me over the hump... Any of you new ones will feel the same very soon.. this is an awesome bunch of beautiful ladies.... I'm going to pray for us all tonight... Take care... Julie

You girls need to quit talking about all that good food. It sounds sooo good. Well as far as the lady goes, am glad she is now in the hospital. I am not much getting my weight to move very fast. Yesterday I walked 3 miles so that was good. I got a question. I had a fill around 3 weeks ago or so. I can eat with not much problem but I am still having trouble with meat. Grant it, I haven't been hungry on sliders and things like cottage cheese, eggs, sausage, cheese etc, but when I go to eat a piece of chicken or real meat, I can not get it down after about 3 bites. Now I do drink and eat plenty, but I do not stay full. Am I too tight? talk to you all tonight.

Beckyo

Becky - I have alway been concerned that you were too tight - you eat alot of soft foods and yes they don't stick with you no matter the amount of your restriction - you should be able to eat hard Protein (meats) they really do keep you full longer - sausage would be considered a meat and you have to make sure you are taking small bites and chewing really well - that's the one rule I follow most often - eating Protein first - I may then move to my starches before my veggies - but most time it's meat veggies starches.

What kind of meats are you trying to eat - chicken is hard for some - I don't have a problem most days - also I have to make sure my red meat is tender - I eat hamburger patties with no problem - but I like my meat rare....

How long are you staying full?? If I eat sliders - I will be hungry within 1 hr of eating - but after a solid meal I am good for a few hours - today was our brown bag lunch pot luck - lasanga - salad - peach cobbler ice cream - I had 1 cup lasanga as little salad and some (cup) cobbler - and I gotta say I am not hungry at all - but agian that could be the clareden I'm taking ...:rolleyes:

Hi all..... Just home from my trip to Bismarck with Mother.. Got her to 3 doctors appts... The results remain the same.. seizure medicine and no driving....ND says must be 6 months seizure free to drive again... Also took care of a big errand for Mom and her sisiter that has been hanging over my head, so that is done now, too.. Got Mom her new printer and a new lamp that she wanted and then did my grocery shopping for my big meal I'm preparing for Sunday... I'm pooped!!! Groceries are in a put away... Now to regroup before having to go to church tonight.. Here in our town we recognize and take part in "World Day of Prayer"... That's today and I have a part in the program... Am looking forward to the after so I can come home and veg in my chair... With all the running around I had no time to eat.. Grabbed a piece of summer sausage on the way out the door at 7:00 am and then ate a banana after shopping at Wal-mart.. Almost grabbed something else,but remembered the bananas and put it back on the shelf... Had some chocolate milk when I home, so I'm about 400 calories for the day.. Will have a nice salad for supper I think.....

Long, congrats on the loss... and yes, we say "pop" here... Soda is something you use in baking!!!!! LOL....

Apples, thanks for the recipe tips... I'll have to try them...

Phyll.. loved your story... my mother has a similar one she has always told... and congrats on your loss, too....

Hey Bonnie, you hang in there... I've been there and I understand your feeling guilty.. but blow it off and start again.. You'll be great...

Becky, I'm about like you right now.. I feel way more restriction with solid meat than anything.. Last night I only got one bit of a pork chop down... had to wait a while to eat a little something else.. But I was after restriction so will not complain at all.. Maybe my scale will move again soon!!!

Janet, I always tell the people at my doctor's office that their scale is wrong.. Of course I also weigh naked at home.. Really I think mine is about right on at doc's office. I'm usually 2 pounds more there, but with clothes (no shoes) and then maybe Breakfast or at least Water, that makes the difference...

I, too, lost a post one day.. Just like you said, Poof, it was gone. Funny thing is that later in the day it just magically appeared again.. I had already typed a new one so had to erase it, but it was very odd

Well, thanks for listening girls.. I'm so enjoying being here with all of you.. You are just what I needed to get me over the hump... Any of you new ones will feel the same very soon.. this is an awesome bunch of beautiful ladies.... I'm going to pray for us all tonight... Take care... Julie

OMW Julie - I'm pooped from just reading what you did :thumbup:

Thanks for the prayers tonite - They are much appreciated and always needed - can't have to many of those...:rolleyes:

Well gang I have been up since 3:45 a.m. :mellow: - really woke up about a quarter to 3 - took Angel out to pee - got back in bed and couldn't go back to sleep -tossed and turned may napped for about 10 minutes then said heck with this and got up..

Gotta say I'm not as bushed as I thought I would be..

Nothing much to report - am feeling better - Tomorrow taking my fur babies to the beauty palor - they look like rescue dogs - well not that bad they have had baths and brushed since their last appointment over a month a go - heck it might be closer to 3 months.. But poor angel can't see - and bear is just to fluffy - heck last night in bed he was panting and its cold..

So gym at 7ish - groomer at 9 - need to clean - I don't need to shop !!! but might go check out Ross for something I just can't live without... Need to get sunblock etc for cruise.

Well just checking in - Sharon girl where are you - you are worrying me :0) !!!!

Hey janet I sure wish I was cruising with ya. Well tonight went out to dinner and had eggplant parmesean and a small helping of spaghetti. Now I know that is slider stuff but I was full the whole evening. I try various meats but right now my kitchen is torn up so have no way to cook food. Have eaten some healthy choice meals. chicken has been hard for me where it wasn't before. Roast- forget it- to stringy for me. Pork chops are great if I take pencil size bites. I think I am leaning toward sliders since my kitchen has been down and thats why I am not loosing as fast. Its either that or because I layed off of exercise for a while. Back at that though. Hope all you other girls are doing great.

Beckyo:thumbup: