Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks, Apples. I discussed the flights with my doctor at my last fill. She also had never had a complaint about tightening during and after flying. It may not be a problem, but one of the flights is 10 hours, so I have some concerns. Obviously not enough to keep me home! Just about 46 days to go and I am so excited to see DD and her family - esp that little boy who is just so busy, and the new little boy due to be born on or near Easter! We use the Skype software to talk by webcam, so we get to see the 22 mo old and all his trucks, planes, etc., and he gets to see us. We all look forward to those visits. He blows us kisses, but I WANT THE REAL THING!! They are due back in the States this summer - don't know their next posting yet, but as long as they are in the lower 48 I don't really care - heck of a lot closer to us than S. Korea! A 3-5 hour flight sounds really good right now.

Oh JoAnne...I bet you cannot wait to love them all up in person. We used webcam when our son was in Iraq. It was just great to see him. We tried to do it at least once a week if he was available to do so. He is quite the card. This first time we got on and were able to see him he came on in the Iraqi headdress and garb. He said "Just that I should tell you that I converted to Islam and changes my name to Aukmed.

Hope your DD and family will be able to be stationed where you do not have to travel too far. I always figure if they are in the US, we're good to go!

Well Janet - you are the main reason for helping me stay on track, you are an inspiration to me and looking at your pictures, I think now you are even more amazing now. I need a butt kicking every now and then and you know how to tell me like it is without being cruel or judgemental. You are absolutely right that I didn't have the surgery just to stay in the place I was in before. I do want this new way of life. It seems with me, I start doing well and then I think I'm supposed to be rewarded, like 18lbs lost means I should gain 28lbs more :tt1:. I don't care for sf foods much and I am a sucker for chocolate - especially when the monthly hormones start having their way with me. I do eat the sf choco pudding and WW fudgecicles and enjoy them. As for the other sf stuff, don't like much of any of it, not even sf soda - but I stopped drinking these after surgery and really don't miss them. You are also right about the reasons why one may not post any longer. I definitely fit into this category and I get embarrassed at having to tell someone who is trying to help me that I screwed up - but that part of me that wants this thing had to come clean, cause I know I need help. The rest of the weekend was awful, my binge eating and my attitude, this is a new week and having read your response to my post, I plan to have a good week this week. This doesn't mean you won't have to stay on my butt, but know I'm here and taking to heart everthing you've said and will let your words guide my behavior this week. Things are busy for me with work and school really kicking into high gear so I may not be posting everyday, but will check in often on no more than a weekly basis. Look forward to checking in on Friday and giving you a progres report and if I have to pray my way through the week, my hope is that you'll be proud of me when I check in on Friday.:tongue_smilie:I can do this thing dammit!

As for everyone else, congratulations on the weight losses, take care of those flu bugs etc. and be careful if you are just recovering from one not to over due it. Oh yes, and before you start taking care of everyone else, take care of the most important person first - YOU!:)

Sharon....I do know that one of the keys to success is to share your struggles on a daily basis. Helps keep things in check. We are a great support system but one thing that I have to say to you....you talked of wanting Janet to be proud of you...she's great and does not mince words when you ask for her help. But, you need to be proud of your accomplishments too. This is all about you and the goals you have set for yourself. If you are struggling, definitely come here for support and ideas. There's always someone that has been through the same things you are going through. I guess my main point in this post is to say that maybe posting on a daily basis would help you most. I know that if I did not keep a daily food journal I would have struggled and if I would not have come on LBT each day I would have felt as if I was on the "weight loss island" all by myself.

Please keep us posted on a daily basis. We all love to hear how everyone is doing and look forward to everyone's daily posts. Take care and hoping that you can take control and continue your success with the band. YOU CAN DO THIS. (Hugs)

OK....just re-read my previous post. Sharon...sorry...hope I didn't sound too "preachy". You are only a few weeks out of surgery and just hang in there. It will all fit together.

No Apples - I do not feel you were being preachy at all. I joined this forum for mentoring and support. I'm not that thin skinned as long as I believe the suggestions given are meant to help me in my struggle and not just as means to bash me over my head - I can do that quite well on my own. You are right that posting on a daily basis is probably the best thing - especially given how new I am to all of this. I will try my best. Sometimes when I get home at the end of the day, I don't want to talk/post with anyone - not even myself; in fact there are times I won't even answer the phone. Sad I know, but during the week and when I get home, I am wiped out - especially if its been a bad day and I've had my fill of people for the day.

You are also absolutely correct in that I need to be proud of my accomplishments - I try to be when I actually accomlish something, though sometimes it's a mental thing for me to think if I don't do something that I committed to do, then I am disappointing someone (I already know I disappointed me) - but I hate to disappoint folks who take their time and energy to help me. It's just that I so much appreciate their help and don't want them to give up on me (including people like you).

Thank you for your suggestion to post daily and I will make every effort to do so, whether the report is good or bad.

Hello all, I've been reading all your posts.. It's good to read about everyelse's daily ups and downs. I've been stuck at the same weight for a couple weeks now and really need to see some movement. I did make an appointment for a fill tomorrow, but am a bit nervous becasue of the bad time I had with the last one a month ago.. But I'm going to keep an open mind and hope this one goes without a hitch... My loss was so good the first 5 months, but has slowed so much now. It's a bit discouraging even when you know intellectually that it is rather expected. I'm hoping this next one will do the trick.. I'm at 7 cc's in a 14 cc band... I've functioned quite well with very little restriction up till now, but I think I need the extra help now... Thanks for listening everyon... I'll let you know how it all goes tomorrow.

Hope everyone is back to feeling better now. I'm envious of the lady who is going to see her grandsons... I had to cancel a trip to see mine in January because of the bad winter we have been having. Just can't leave all the snow problems for someone else to deal with in our absence... My boy are older, but we miss them just the same... Have a great time... They grow sooooo fast...

You all have a great evening.. Julie

Hey Gang, Remember girls we are all in this together. I don't know what I would do without all of you. You guys are my main vein. Janet, today I had oatmeal for b, L was brussel sprouts and applesauce, Supper was baked chicken a little rice and thats it. I had a Protein Bar at lunch time also. Oh Long, I have unjury Protein mix with l cup of skim milk, if I get anything down in the morning. It comes in vanilla, Choc, strawberry and unflavored. I keep it on hand for extra Protein if I need it. I think this fill I had two weeks ago is kind of tight. I had to go slow per Drs. new orders so last Sat was first day for hard solids. I had trouble Sat eating meat. Did okay on Sun but didn't get alot down. Today I finally got a piece of chicken down and got full very fast. Now I can truly only eat about half to cup of food at one time. I chewed the chicken real well tonight and I went very very slow. At the end I had to quit but at least I got it down. Also, I went and walked today. I still feel sick with this cold though. Plus all the kitchen remodel has been a dirty project so maybe that has bothered my sinuses. Keep up the good work everyone.

Beckyo

Apples - when you say your band area - did you have pain inside where we imagine our band is or port site ... Did you feel stuck - have heartburn or reflux..

I am glad you are doing ok now - I know that fear about slips -etc all the stuff that can go wrong ...

Thanks, Apples. I discussed the flights with my doctor at my last fill. She also had never had a complaint about tightening during and after flying. It may not be a problem, but one of the flights is 10 hours, so I have some concerns. Obviously not enough to keep me home! Just about 46 days to go and I am so excited to see DD and her family - esp that little boy who is just so busy, and the new little boy due to be born on or near Easter! We use the Skype software to talk by webcam, so we get to see the 22 mo old and all his trucks, planes, etc., and he gets to see us. We all look forward to those visits. He blows us kisses, but I WANT THE REAL THING!! They are due back in the States this summer - don't know their next posting yet, but as long as they are in the lower 48 I don't really care - heck of a lot closer to us than S. Korea! A 3-5 hour flight sounds really good right now.

Joann - I have flown from Cali to Minnesota to Vegas & Texas - and flying didn't bother my band at all... So Maybe you will be a lucky one and it doesn't - I would get another fill now and give it 30 days to settle in before you go.and to make sure you aren't too tight..... I would imagine that you are eating healthy - how much are you eating per meal..

Well Janet - you are the main reason for helping me stay on track, you are an inspiration to me and looking at your pictures, I think now you are even more amazing now.

I need a butt kicking every now and then and you know how to tell me like it is without being cruel or judgemental.

You are absolutely right that I didn't have the surgery just to stay in the place I was in before. I do want this new way of life. It seems with me, I start doing well and then I think I'm supposed to be rewarded, like 18lbs lost means I should gain 28lbs more :thumbup:.

I don't care for sf foods much and I am a sucker for chocolate - especially when the monthly hormones start having their way with me. I do eat the sf choco pudding and WW fudgecicles and enjoy them. As for the other sf stuff, don't like much of any of it, not even sf soda - but I stopped drinking these after surgery and really don't miss them.

You are also right about the reasons why one may not post any longer. I definitely fit into this category and I get embarrassed at having to tell someone who is trying to help me that I screwed up - but that part of me that wants this thing had to come clean, cause I know I need help.

The rest of the weekend was awful, my binge eating and my attitude, this is a new week and having read your response to my post, I plan to have a good week this week.

This doesn't mean you won't have to stay on my butt, but know I'm here and taking to heart everthing you've said and will let your words guide my behavior this week.

Things are busy for me with work and school really kicking into high gear so I may not be posting everyday, but will check in often on no more than a weekly basis. Look forward to checking in on Friday and giving you a progres report and if I have to pray my way through the week, my hope is that you'll be proud of me when I check in on Friday.:tongue_smilie:I can do this thing dammit!

As for everyone else, congratulations on the weight losses, take care of those flu bugs etc. and be careful if you are just recovering from one not to over due it. Oh yes, and before you start taking care of everyone else, take care of the most important person first - YOU!:w00t:

Sharon - Hugs GF - I am sorry for your stuggles - I luckly don't have the PMS stuff anymore - but gotta say those craving stay around even if the cuz doesn't visit anymore..

Now I am trying to remember here - You are newly divoriced/separated right?? no kids or grandkid?? Who knows about your surgery - do you have family or freinds around you - What do you do for fun or enjoyment (besides eating :frown: that use to be my most fav past time :tt2:) And sounds like you work for a school??

#1 - I understand about being tired after work and not wanting to get on the computer or talking on the phone - but gotta tell you her gf you can't just sit in front of the t.v. and veg anymore - that activitiy or lack of - will lead you to your drug of choice which is the food.. Do you belong to the January Hotties or whatever 1/09 banders call themselves? Is this the only thread you are posting on??

You will make freinds here that will last you a life time and you will be so comfortable with them that it will seem like you have known them all your life...

New habits - that's what you need - the old you sat infront of the t.v. and ate when you were tired from work - I get that cuz when I am super tired - it's a big food trigger for me.

New habits are what you need come home from work change clothes and walk 1/2 hr on the treadmill - then sit at the computer - come to lbt and tell us about your day (good & bad) what you had for bf & L - and how your exercise went and what you are having for dinner - then go fix something healthy - eat - shower - then sit to watch t.v. and have your sf pudding or fudge cicle

That's my routine - I don't sit down most nights til 8 to watch tv - and gf I am up at 5 - to work by 7:15 - get off at 4 - gym - home - lbt & Facebook - dinner - tv - bed..

The reason I asked about the pple around you - is I wonder if you have pple who support you - encourge you ... I don't have a DH so I understand you wanting someone to be proud of you - Heck one time I left the gym and started bawling - My trainer said something really nice and encouraging and I thought OMG that's the only man in your life giving you that kind of support - and it's not like I even want a man in my life I love being single - but having someone who encourages you is very important..Hows that friend who made you bean Soup - is he a good friend

I agree with apples that you have to be proud of you yourslef - but since I'm single too - it's nice to have someone to share it with and to be proud of you too... I totallly get that so yes - I am on your shoulder 24/7 encouraging you and pushing you to be the best you --- just like the title on this thread - I'm here to help !!!

Oh you guys might not know this - but I am know for being the food cop (on my Lucky #7 thread that was my title and Charlene can atest to it too :)) - yep that's me - but it's with love and not judgement - it's cuz I walk in the same shoes as you - and I know what it's like to want to eat even with the band.. But you just gotta not buy the crap - you gotta budget those point/calories - you have to look at the junk you eat as a drug - as the devil - it's not helping you in the long run it's killing your and making you feel bad about you.

As to binging this weekend - gf you bought the food - no one else and if you hadn't bought it you wouldn't have eaten it...

You really really gotta keep the junk out of the house - I want you to go throw it all away - get the crap out - come on would you leave a bottle of booze on the counter and expect the alcoholic not to drink it..

Part of your new habit is to sit down and write out a menu for the week - go shopping and only buy whats on that list and nothing else... And when that bag of Cookies or bags of candy or ice cream wants into your cart - Just say No - I am not going to let you continue to kill me and make me feel bad about myself.

Sharon - I want you to check at least every evening ok - it's part of your new habits - I think it will help and you can share whatever you want - it doesn't have to be just band related..

Hello all, I've been reading all your posts.. It's good to read about everyelse's daily ups and downs. I've been stuck at the same weight for a couple weeks now and really need to see some movement. I did make an appointment for a fill tomorrow, but am a bit nervous becasue of the bad time I had with the last one a month ago.. But I'm going to keep an open mind and hope this one goes without a hitch... My loss was so good the first 5 months, but has slowed so much now. It's a bit discouraging even when you know intellectually that it is rather expected. I'm hoping this next one will do the trick.. I'm at 7 cc's in a 14 cc band... I've functioned quite well with very little restriction up till now, but I think I need the extra help now... Thanks for listening everyon... I'll let you know how it all goes tomorrow.

Hope everyone is back to feeling better now. I'm envious of the lady who is going to see her grandsons... I had to cancel a trip to see mine in January because of the bad winter we have been having. Just can't leave all the snow problems for someone else to deal with in our absence... My boy are older, but we miss them just the same... Have a great time... They grow sooooo fast...

You all have a great evening.. Julie

Julie - just have your doc go slow on the fill and remember I know it seems like winter will last forever - but spring should be here soon - so hopefully you will get to see your grandbabies soon...

Hey Gang, Remember girls we are all in this together. I don't know what I would do without all of you. You guys are my main vein. Janet, today I had oatmeal for b, L was brussel sprouts and applesauce, Supper was baked chicken a little rice and thats it. I had a Protein bar at lunch time also. Oh Long, I have unjury Protein mix with l cup of skim milk, if I get anything down in the morning. It comes in vanilla, Choc, strawberry and unflavored. I keep it on hand for extra protein if I need it. I think this fill I had two weeks ago is kind of tight. I had to go slow per Drs. new orders so last Sat was first day for hard solids. I had trouble Sat eating meat. Did okay on Sun but didn't get alot down. Today I finally got a piece of chicken down and got full very fast. Now I can truly only eat about half to cup of food at one time. I chewed the chicken real well tonight and I went very very slow. At the end I had to quit but at least I got it down. Also, I went and walked today. I still feel sick with this cold though. Plus all the kitchen remodel has been a dirty project so maybe that has bothered my sinuses. Keep up the good work everyone.

Beckyo

Becky - Ok if you are eating at least 1/2 to 1 c per meal - I feel better and glad you got some chicken in..

Tonite make gs chicken tacos - and oh the chicken cooked in a little chilli powder garlic is good - but I am having fish cook with el pato sauce (spicey mex Tomato sauce) asparagus and rice....

for BF i had go lean kashi oatmeal - has 8 grms pt - and it was pretty good - lunch 2 small ribs - snack a pt bar ---

Well it's 8:06 and I need to go eat - So gang I will cb in the morning...

Sweet dreams...... Hugs Janet

Janet...the pain was definitely in the band area...not the port. I have never had ANY pains in that area or the port area. Took it easy and ate soft food all day yesterday and today was a little better. Was very tender in that area until later today. Ate solid meat for supper and it went OK. I believe it was the corn I ate the night b/4. Truly think it was stoma spasms caused by the corn. I will be taking it off of the menu! Thanks for asking. If it would have continued, I would have made an appt. with doc. Will just keep an eye on things. No reflux or any other symptoms.

My post to Sharons is still bugging me. Don't think my post came across the way I wanted it to. Didn't mean that she shouldn't rely on people for support and certainly did not mean that she should not admire Janet and want her approval. I just wanted to make Sharons see that SHE should also be proud of her accomplishments...just as we are all proud of her. Hope this clears it all up.

DH went into local hospital tonight for a sleep study. Have been trying to get him to do it for years. He is of normal weight. 5'10" and weighs 184lbs. He had his physical about six weeks ago. Showed high number with BP and cholesterol. Also, showed enlarged heart. This can be caused by intermittent high BP but also from sleep disorder. 27 yr old DS was diagnosed with rare sleep disorder in 2008 and already showed signs of enlarged heart and uses CPAP. He is also a normal weight. He was warned that this type of rare sleep disorder can kill. He lives alone and would wake up just barely able to get his breath. Anyway, hoping that there will be some answers with this test. DH has always watched his weight but not what he eats. Does that make sense to you all? He would push himself back from the table after one serving but would drink 1/2 gallon of milk and a dozen Cookies b/4 bed. Wrong choices and cannot have his favs in the house. He has no willpower when it comes to sweets. fruit is always available around here.

It's just me and the dog tonight out on this lonely farm. All the doors are locked and rechecked and relocked. Do I sound a little paranoid??????? Do not sleep good alone in this big farm house with no DH. Anything ever happened to him I would have an apt. in town the next day. Get way to scared by myself. Never used to be but had a scary incident 5 yrs ago when someone tried to rob the place when DH was gone and I was here alone. OK...going to stop thinking and grab my book and head for bed (with the bedroom door locked also). Good night, girls.

Apples - I commented on that picture on the other thread and asked if that was really YOU!!! Then I come here and find out it is!!! You are gorgeous, girlfriend!

I don't like to stay alone either. It never used to bother me - raised the 3 kids with DH traveling quite a bit for his job(s). Now I just don't like it at all. The dog is no help. Jack is the typical sheltie - bark like crazy at a stranger, but as soon as they would be in the house, he would be taking them on the tour, showing them where the silver is kept, etc. Right now he is afraid of the large orange exercise ball that resides on the sunporch. It moves around the room when the furnace is running and he can't figure out how it moves with no legs... He has many wonderful qualities, but courage in the face of dangerous orange exercise balls is not his true strength. He is a lover, not a fighter.

Hey Indigo Girl..I have read several of your posts and have come asking for some tough band sister love.

I was banded almost 11months ago and have had one problem after another..very long story, but bottom line is I have already had 2 surgeries (initial Lapband and then rehooking the tubing to the port) and this dang thing still doesn't work..I went to my Dr a couple of weeks ago because I still have NO restriction and found out I have a leak...

SO..I am getting a new band in 2wks..I am struggling SO much with being cynical..I know I have done nothing wrong..but I still feel like a huge failure and am seriously doubting myself..I have had so many fills and two surgeries and am down 10lbs (I had lost up to 35 but didn't maintain it)...

I need to find a way to believe that I CAN DO THIS...

I would love any "tough love" that anyone has...I know for starters I need to quit feeling sorry for myself...

Thanks..Erika

Morning everyone... My scale finally dropped a pound this morning.. Yeah!!! I'm supposed to get a fill at 10:45 AM CST, but it is also supposed to be freezing rain and I have to drive 40 miles.. Don't know what to do for sure yet. Waiting for DH to help me decide if I should go or not...

Erika, you hang in there.... I've been plagued with complications this time and in weight loss attempts in the past.. Came close to dead back a number of years when I had my stomach stapled.. It will get better and you will find your way.. Janet is just the person to help you figure it out. Good choice.

Apples2, I'm a farm girl at heart.. Born and raised. My family still has it but I don't live there.. But it's a great life. I do understand the fear of being by yourself.. My husband worked shift work most of our marraige and I never liked being home alone at night... Do you have animals other than the dog... like cows and horses? I love horses but have never wanted to put one through having me ride it.. It used to be a goal of mine, but I think I'm getting too old even if I make it to my goal.....

Have a good day all..... Hopefully I'll be getting back to you later after my fill!!!!!! Keep you fingers crossed for me, please... Julie

Morning All ~ First, Apple's please forget about what your feeling about your post. I did not take any of the things you said as something bad or negative. In fact, what you said made me check in this morning - and I'll do so this evening as Janet suggested. So really let it go - we are fine.:thumbup: Janet, I recently separated in August. I have one son (27), a daughter-in-law and two wonderful grandchildren (5 yr twins - boy and girl). They live in Florida, son is stationed in the Navy there. As a matter of fact, he just left Saturday on a 6 month deployment - to places unknown and my only concern is that he will be safe. My Dad also lives in FL and Mom lives in NC - so for the most part I live in MD without any family around.:) Although I know my family loves me, I have always been a loner and probably way to independent, because family and friends have always viewed me as this woman who has her stuff together - little do they know that sometimes I'm on the verge of mental collapse. I try to talk with them about it, but they've always been like - "oh you can handle it, you'll be fine." For the most part I am. I do work for a major University and I also attend school there (It's free!:w00t:) I do have friends, but like I said - I'm more of a loner so I don't really talk to anyone on a daily basis except colleagues at work and, my friend who bought me the Soup. He is like my best friend. Not many people even know I've had surgery - but I guess you can say that of those who do know, my friend is probably the one person who gives me the most encouragement.

Hobbies - I enjoy crotcheting, when I'm not studying and generally around the end of May through October, I enjoy motorcyling - Yes I ride a motorcycle and love it.:frown: But this time of year I'm generally indoors - hate the cold weather.

Well I will continue this a little later on...off to a meeting, then another, and another and another...and this is what my day looks like today. For Breakfast, SB Cafe Mocha and lite & fit yogurt. lunch - chicken noodle soup and mandarin oranges. dinner - plan to eat flounder filet and some fresh greens I cooked over the weekend. Figured that would help with the Constipation etc. Oh yea I purchased some benefiber packets to.