Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Phyllser, I have had a cold or sinus thing for the last week. I started drinking hot tea. I used a bag of Luzianne Decaf and celestial peppermint decaf. I really opened up my head and loosened up my band a little. Anyway, just a suggestion. Hope you feel better soon!

Will definitely try some hot tea today. We have lots of different kinds. Might even have some peppermint. Had some Ice Wine Tea last night that felt good in my throat. Taking me along time to get down this coffee this morning so it's not hot anymore.

I hit Onederland today!!! WOO HOO!! It's been 25+ yrs since I had a one in front of my weight. It was a major milestone for me. Also that puts me 20 to 30 lbs from goal. I can't believe that. 30 lbs will give me the normal BMI at 169 but my doc said he'd be happy with anything under 180. So guess I will shoot for 20 and go from there. I'd love to make goal by my bandiversary date which is June 5th.

Phyl, hope you are feeling better. When I had a head cold it seemed my band was tighter. or maybe it's all the crud draining down the back of your throat clogging up the band. GROSS!!

I hit Onederland today!!! WOO HOO!! It's been 25+ yrs since I had a one in front of my weight. It was a major milestone for me. Also that puts me 20 to 30 lbs from goal. I can't believe that. 30 lbs will give me the normal BMI at 169 but my doc said he'd be happy with anything under 180. So guess I will shoot for 20 and go from there. I'd love to make goal by my bandiversary date which is June 5th.

Phyl, hope you are feeling better. When I had a head cold it seemed my band was tighter. or maybe it's all the crud draining down the back of your throat clogging up the band. GROSS!!

WOOHOO FOR YOU! AWESOME! You are an Inspiration!

4_19_3.gif

Hey tonight (Sunday). Phyl, I had that cold and sinus and not over it yet so I know how you feel. Plus I had a fill two weeks ago also so I am a little tight. Janet, The day I tried the chicken was the first day I could eat regular foods so I blamed it on that but yes, I will watch my eating habits and see how it goes. Today I had unjury w skim milk for b, lunch was couple slices of cheese, supper went to DD for gs birthday. She ordered pizza. I ate a couple of pieces of sausage off of a slice and I did have a piece of bday cake.

did not agree with me at all. Long, Congratulations on Onederland:thumbup:. You have done sooo well with your program. I have lost about 64 lbs so far. Not going as fast as you are but at least I am going downward ya know. I;m out of here to go watch the Oscars. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Beckyo:wink2:

Becky, what is Unjury that you have for Breakfast? ? It does not matter if you are losing as fast as someone else, we are all going for the same destination and all that matters is we get there. 64 lbs is great! I bet you feel so much better than you did in June!

Janet, thanks for the tips and the great pictures.. I'm not ready to put any of me on here yet... I started at 387 and had been up past 400 a few years ago... That's why 250 sounds so good to me. And I think maybe I am older than you... I'm 56.... I'm a 1952 model...... However when you get to those numbers it doesn't really matter anymore.. I feel very young some days and very old other days...

On a positive note, my husband bought me a new bike seat today.. We bought matching bikes a couple years ago and never really used them They came with those little "thong" seats that seem as though they could get lost somewhere!!!!! I got one that will handle my backside a bit better.. I can hardly wait for the snow to leave so I can try it out.... Should be fun if I don't fall on my face....

Long2bthin... Sounds as though we are on the same track... When I had my initial interview for surgery, they said my ideal weight is 163... That almost made me laugh.... I can't even think about a number like that.. First of all, I'll probable have 20 pounds of fat and skin on my upper, inner thighs that will have to be cut off... So, I'm not really going for a number, but a feeling.. Like I said before, 199 sounds just wonderful after 387.....

Icth..... I gained weight after surgery, too, with 4 days in the hospital and all that IV fluid... Thought it would never leave me, but it did.... It will surprise you when it leaves.... and leave you wishing it would all fall off so fast... Good luck to you...

Take care all... Have a good Sunday... Julie

Julie - I agree - it's all about how you feel !!!! How sweet of your DH

Wow Janet !! The picture of you in the skirt doesn't look like you. Love that new picture of you, you're so pretty. I can't wait to be thin like you are. I will be there this time next year for sure. Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Hugs!!

Pj

Thanks PJ - You will - just keep up the good eating habits and get that exercise in - no excuses :wink: OK - Hugs.... J

Hi,

I'm back from WA but feeling miserable. Picked up a bug from my daughter.. or maybe wiped too many runny noses. At any rate, my sinuses feel yucky, throat is sore and this morning, stomach feels upset, too. Trying to drink my coffee. DH making me an omelet that I'm not sure I can eat. Had a fill while I was home and so I"m pretty tight, too. I'm just full of Sunday morning cheer today!!

On a positive note, I think I"m down a couple of pounds. I was down 2 lb on my daughter's scale the first few days I was there. Haven't weighed since I'm back because Thursday is my weigh in day, so not yet claiming the lbs until it's official weigh in day.

:hurray::biggrin::hurray:

Glad to have you home Phyl... With this fill - I bet you will be down on Thursday !!!!

I hit Onederland today!!! !!

CONGRATULATIONS LORI !!!!! :thumbup: WTG:thumbup: - FANTASTIC -:tongue: AWESOME :hurray:- WONDERFUL:cool: - TERRIFIC -:wink:

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL BE PROUD :hurray: YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB !!!

Hey tonight (Sunday). Phyl, I had that cold and sinus and not over it yet so I know how you feel. Plus I had a fill two weeks ago also so I am a little tight. Janet, The day I tried the chicken was the first day I could eat regular foods so I blamed it on that but yes, I will watch my eating habits and see how it goes. Today I had unjury w skim milk for b, lunch was couple slices of cheese, supper went to DD for gs birthday. She ordered pizza. I ate a couple of pieces of sausage off of a slice and I did have a piece of bday cake.

did not agree with me at all. Long, Congratulations on Onederland:thumbup:. You have done sooo well with your program. I have lost about 64 lbs so far. Not going as fast as you are but at least I am going downward ya know. I;m out of here to go watch the Oscars. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Beckyo:wink2:

Becky - I just want to you be able to eat - I guess for me eating is still important - I just eat better foods - but I still want to be able to eat...

Today my GF & I went to the National Date Festival aka fair We went early - had 2 eggs some hash brown and 2 bites of gf's busicut & gravy - but oh my even after breakfast walking around and see all the food booths - oh did i want to eat - i was full but I wanted to eat - I did have a choc frozen banana - but that was it - after awhile when everyone really started arriving - I saw this little girl who was quite overweight - stuffing cotton candy in her face - then alll these other pple just stuffing food in their faces - and said oh hell no - I am done - didn't even get a cinamon roll ...

Dinner pork ribs & veggies and 1/2 baked potatoes....

in 4 weeks - at this time I will be on a ship leaving Los Angeles.... Can't wait...

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in awhile. I'm doing well, just busy with work and life. Janet, your pics are wonderful and truly an inspiration -- thank you for sharing with us. And also thanks for discussing the sf foods -- I too have sf/low fat pudding and yogurt everyday because my dr. wants me to have skim milk, but I can't drink milk -- never have cared much for plain milk. My weight loss has slowed (only 1 lb. last week), but I'm so happy with progress so far. Julie, you and I are the same age, both 52 models (which was a very good year, you know). I live in Iowa and I am looking forward to spring as well. Long, congrats on onederland. Thanks to you all for your wisdom -- I find it all very encouraging and inspirational.

Linda

Good Morning Gang....

It's Monday !!! New week - new determination !!!

Linda - 1 lbs is 1 lbs less than the week before - It's a lost Congrats on that.

Mornin' girls...had a tough Sunday. Woke up to extreme pain around my band area. It lasted about 15 minutes and then about an hour later it happened again. With the second round of pain, I was going to go into the ER but pain stopped again. Just kind of waited it out and it didn't happen again. The rest of the day was a little touchy as far as food goes. My band area was really tender so just ate soft foods. Today everything is fine.

We had gone out to dinner Sat. evening. I had a butterflied fillet and corn. I am wondering if it was the corn that caused me to have trouble. It's something I have not tried since banding. I have had the IDEAL band life since surgery. I have known which foods to stay away from (I will try different things but know if they will be band friendly after one bite).

Needless to say, I was quite worried and when the actual episodes were happening, I had visions of a slipped band, twisted gut, etc., etc., etc. Scared me. Ate a bowl of steel cut oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar this morning for breakfast and now working on a Pure Protein Bar and everything is going great and no more tender band area.

Has anything similar to this happened to any of you?????? I have always been so thankful to never have complications with the band. A little insight, please. I was going to make an appt. with my doc but don't see the need now that I feel back to wonderful.

Long...congrats on Onederland. You will be at goal b/4 you know it and into those new capris b/4 you go on your cruise. You have all positive things to look forward to. Our 30th anniversary is in November. Been trying to think of some things to do for DH. Last year I bought him the original Lionel Pennsylvania line train set. I am thinking that I will add to it by buying another line for him. But, a trip of some sort would be wonderful also.

Phyl..hope you are feeling better. We've been lucky not to have had any "bugs" this winter. (I am knocking on wood!) Take care of yourself.

To everyone else...........Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Long...congrats on Onederland. You will be at goal b/4 you know it and into those new capris b/4 you go on your cruise. You have all positive things to look forward to. Our 30th anniversary is in November. Been trying to think of some things to do for DH. Last year I bought him the original Lionel Pennsylvania line train set. I am thinking that I will add to it by buying another line for him. But, a trip of some sort would be wonderful also.

Phyl..hope you are feeling better. We've been lucky not to have had any "bugs" this winter. (I am knocking on wood!) Take care of yourself.

To everyone else...........Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

It's our 30th in April so this cruise is for that too, as well as my 100 lbs, and my birthday too!

Apples, hope all is well now with the band. I've had the ideal band life too and it freaks me out to read of complications and that is my biggest fear being self pay and all.

Congratulations on Onderland, Long! You are inspiring to all of us!

I'm finding myself with less restriction - started about a week after 2nd fill (Feb 6th). Losses have slowed down in the last week - even up about a pound, and I've been feeling a little discouraged. I find it's so easy to relax my attention to portions, etc. Back to careful measuring of food and Water intake the last few days and the scale is down a little bit this morning. I feel very waterlogged in the mornings, though I am getting in about 70-80 oz of Water a day, and avoid oversalting. I go for 3rd fill next Monday. I expect it will take that one, and maybe another one or two before I reach my best level. The month of April and first week of May I will be out of the country and don't want to lose ground. HOWEVER! - Apples - I am a little concerned about the long flights. I absolutely don't want problems in Korea - I don't think they do this surgery in Korea and won't know what to do with me if I show up needing medical help. I may forego the scheduled 4th fill and depend on measuring and being extra careful in order to avoid problems so far from home. My daughter and her family eat VERY healthy and I don't think I will have problems just simply being very careful with choices and portions. I need to do that anyway!! 25% band, 75% me -- right?

I'm pretty sure everything will be OK. I am almost positive that it was the corn. It felt like something REALLY BIG was trying to work it's way through the stoma. I had chewed my steak really well (it was very tender also) and really think it was the corn that absolutely did not agree with me.

I know you self-payers would panic a little more when it comes to complications. I had thought about it if ins. was not going to cover. But, with my six co-morbidities, not a problem. There is not one co-morbidity left in my body and that is after only 9 months. I thank God every day for providing me with this band (and my wonderful surgeon also).

Good Morning!

Feeling better this morning and getting ready to go to Water aerobics. Throat better, head feels better, nose a little runny so sinuses are loosening up.

Didn't have any band problems flying last week, but only in the air a couple of hours... Ont to Sacramento, then Sac to SeaTac.

Have had a couple of episodes of sharp port pain, short-lived, but intense, but not what you are describing. Probably was the corn.

Congratulations on Onderland, Long! You are inspiring to all of us!

I'm finding myself with less restriction - started about a week after 2nd fill (Feb 6th). Losses have slowed down in the last week - even up about a pound, and I've been feeling a little discouraged. I find it's so easy to relax my attention to portions, etc. Back to careful measuring of food and Water intake the last few days and the scale is down a little bit this morning. I feel very waterlogged in the mornings, though I am getting in about 70-80 oz of Water a day, and avoid oversalting. I go for 3rd fill next Monday. I expect it will take that one, and maybe another one or two before I reach my best level. The month of April and first week of May I will be out of the country and don't want to lose ground. HOWEVER! - Apples - I am a little concerned about the long flights. I absolutely don't want problems in Korea - I don't think they do this surgery in Korea and won't know what to do with me if I show up needing medical help. I may forego the scheduled 4th fill and depend on measuring and being extra careful in order to avoid problems so far from home. My daughter and her family eat VERY healthy and I don't think I will have problems just simply being very careful with choices and portions. I need to do that anyway!! 25% band, 75% me -- right?

JoAnne...try not to worry too much about how your band will be when you fly and any complications while on vacation. I was very concerned about being gone for over a month and away from my doc. He said all I would need to do is make one call to him and he would provide me with a name of a doc in the area I was in.

I think you are being smart not to get another fill b/4 you go. I have had only 2 fills. Thought the second one did no go good until a month later and it finally tightened. Have not had to have one since and think that one was in Oct. I feel that I have perfect restriction. Never have had problems (until I ate that corn) and I get hungry at the appropriate times (meal times or about every three hours).

My doc thought I was crazy when I told him I tightened up the first time I flew with the band. He said that none of his other patients have ever mentioned this. I can literally feel the band squeezing as we are ascending. It's not a bad deal. Just tight for a few days and then back to normal. I am very careful those few days after I fly and eat soft foods. It could be that flying will not bother you but just something to watch for. Just make sure that you have packed your band friendly food just in case.

Talk to your doc b/4 you fly and let him know of your concerns and just have the greatest trip ever!!!!!!