Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I see the commercials on TV for the lifestlyle lift all the time, I've wondered about them. I am also noticing my arms more now, especially when I am working out and have them in positions over my head and stuff, stuff sags. But I'll take sagging over the fat anyday! Maybe I'll win the lottery and be able to afford to fix it all. But guess that means I'd have to buy a ticket first!! LOL

Long you sound like me - I don't buy them either - but would love to win - Yep the sag is totally better than the fat !!!

I just buy 3/4 length or elbow length sleeves - they aren't that easy to find but you can.. I think we should go into fashion design for 50 + pple or even just wl pple - we could design stylish clothes with sleeves - everything is sleeve less or cap sleeves etc...

Just got home went out to visit my mother in law and took her out to dinner. I share a meal with my husband now I had a piece of his steak and 1/2 of his baked potatoe.

2/18 is my birthday I am turning 46 and this time next year I will have my new body forever. So 47 will be good for me.

Janet I go for my second fill on 2/4. I currently have 4cc in my band. I did not check with my doctor about the sit ups I better stop until I ask him. I had just started today. I am not having any pain. I am up to walking about 2.5 miles or 45 min on my stationary bike.

How much do you have in your band? Do you still get fills or are you at your sweet spot?

Your the best. Rose

Rose - I think I have 5 in my band - to me I never understood why pple cared what was in their bands and I never asked when he filled me - what diff does it make - for me it could be 5 and for you it could be 3 - I still don't get it - all I cared about was that it worked.. I got to my sweet spot in 2 really - 1st fill in Sept 2nd fill in Oct - then went 1/07 thinking I needed a fill he gave me one - but ended up taking all but .01 of that fill out (this is the only reason I know but really don't remember exact #) - so in all reality I got a tweak of about .01 added - and I think that amount was more mental than physical -

That's all we read about on here is fill this fill that and I think that we can become addicted to them or think we need them when we don't - it's almost like those sugar pills - I think that fills are sometimes more physiological than physical.. You have to listen to your body... You have to understand what the new full feeling is - this does take work - like I keep on spouting I am physically full - but not mentally - they banded my tummy not my head...

Don't worry about the sit ups - but do clear them 1st with your doc before doing them - just a precaution cuz of your port...

Good morning all. Geez I'm reading about you guys talking about face and arm lifts and I'm thinking you guys probably don't know how good you really look - I mean to me your weight loss accomplishments are so awesome, I can't believe for the life of me that you would need anything else. Ok call me naive ...but you can't imagine how much you all inspire me - and you all have come so far, that I can't imagine any thirty year old having anything on any of you. A couple of weeks ago I was reading People magazine or one of those type magazines. They had pictures of the top female stars in two piece bathing suits - with some sort of caption about who has the best body. Well call me stupid, but Helen Mirren who has 30 - 40 years on all the women in this photo, clearly had the best body of them all. I mean she looked GOOD. You could see she works out as you could see the muscle definition in her legs, arms etc. Yes, you could tell in her face that she was the oldest, but this lady looked amazing. I've seen her in other photos and let me tell you if I could look 1/2 as good as she does when I get in my 60's, then I think to myself that 60's won't be so bad. She is a looker, with all the grace and poise that comes with maturity. In my mind, that's how I picture you all - especially you Indigo (Janet).

Well anyway...yesterday wasn't too bad. I find myself eating about every hour, but for me eating consists of Protein drinks, Soups, sf pudding and chocolate milk. I'm getting used to this and I'm not as anxious about getting to the mushies as I once was. I'm not feeling badly; except I do have a lot of gas (glad I'm not really around folks when it happens LOL). I also have like a feeling of a being pinched on my left side, when I take a deep breath. I think that is probably gas to - any thoughts on this? I have my post op follow up in the morning so, I'm real interested to see what the medical staff thinks about my progress so far. What are some of things you guys ate when you progressed to pureed food. I know I can't drink my meals forever, but I don't want to make any bad food choices as I progress to the next stage.

Sharon my avatar pic has been softened (well really whatever program I use soften the wrinkles and it's just happens to be a good pic of me that's why it's my avatar:tongue2:) but there are wrinkles - I have hooded eyes and excess skin under them (bags that make me look tired when I'm not) Neck doesn't bother me too much - tummy - isn't great but not that bad I do have excess skin and same goes for legs you won't find me in shorts - arms are terrible - like I said I really do have the body of a 90 yr old lady - but heck - I will take that any day over the fat. This is when you wish you hadn't stretched out your skin so you could look like Helen - but again - any pic in a magazine has been airbrushed - so I don't always believed them - but again if you have taken care of yourself and have good DNA - you can look pretty good even in your 60's...

even 112 lbs ago - I didn't wear sleeveless and I complained about my eyes then too :thumbup: - it's just my vanity - my head thinks I'm 30 - but my appearance says a whole nother # - but I am ok with who I am - heck I still look in the mirror or hold up a size 6 or 4 and say - ugh those are huge - when in all reality they aren't - and I am not !!! I did this yesterday in costco -

Mushies - refried Beans. fish (not breaded), tuna or chick salad, oatmeal , scrambled eggs - spag sauce with ricotta cheese - mashed tatoes made w/skim milk - go to the food thread on the forum page - there is a thread there for mushies stage... Since I make up stuff - like corn meal mush with spagh sauce over it - oh ya zucchini well cooked with yellow crook neck squash - life saver -

I still get gas pains in my shoulder if I over eat...

I am having surgery on 2/17 and I am getting REALLY nervous. I spent the day yesterday reading stuff about post op pain and issues and could not sleep last night. I would love a buddy as I live in a small town and do not know anyone else that I can talk to. I am 44 and 250 pounds with two little children. I KNOW I need and want to do this but would love a buddy who can hold my hand a bit?

Thanks!

Marty - Welcome !!! Yes it's natural to be scared - I wanted this surgery - but the night before - omw - I was nervous - We are here for you - LBT is a great site for info and support..

Pain issue - ya it hurts - it's surgery - I won't tell you it doesn't - but that's why they have pain meds and I gotta say it was just the first few hours - not everyone has the same tolerance for pain - gas - I did have a little problem with it in my shoulder but that doesn't mean you will and the gas x strips work.. Port site hurts for a week but really just a discomfort - again it all depends on your tolarence... I was back to work day 6 and I really would say by day 3 I was feeling good.. Heck Joannmaire - is older than me and she really never had much if any pain at all... So don't let other pples stories scare you - it doesn't mean it will happen to you - just like labor - my big sis told me ya it hurts but once you see that baby - the pain will disappear - it's the same with the band - you don't have a baby to see - but once the fat starts disappearing - you won't remember the pain :tongue:

Welcome Marty! Janet is our guru that started this thread. She is a wealth of information. Just jump in and ask. Hopefully you will find the help and support here. I know I did. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good Morning Gang - My fur babies had me up at 6:45 - i have read the paper - had my coffee - now need to get my butt in gear - I think I might have a nap today - since I didn't get to sleep in !!!

Ok I'll check out the food page you suggested...I hope I didn't offend anyone, it certainly was not my intention. It's just when I read how well you all have done, I can't imagine any of you needing anything else...looking at the world through my rose colored prescription glasses again.

I am having surgery on 2/17 and I am getting REALLY nervous. I spent the day yesterday reading stuff about post op pain and issues and could not sleep last night. I would love a buddy as I live in a small town and do not know anyone else that I can talk to. I am 44 and 250 pounds with two little children. I KNOW I need and want to do this but would love a buddy who can hold my hand a bit?

Thanks!

Welcome!

Where do you live? You may be able to also find support groups. What about your Dr's office? I was banded on 7/7/08 and had a very easy recovery from the surgery. I have had some other issues but have been really successful with the weight loss and know that the band is the best thing I ever did for myself! Feel free to PM me if you would like. Good Luck!

Thank you so much for your support- I feel better just getting the positive energy from this link- I like you ladies and will be hanging out with you hot ones! I have read all the Q&F on this site and others and now it is the waiting game for the 17th. I am just trying to prepare...I want this to disrupt my kids life as much as possible- great tips about gas-x and liquid pain stuff- I am a bit confused about mixed info about time soent on liquids- my doc said 7 days liquid 10 days soft food but I ahve read about a critical 6 weeks liquid too- I know everyone's body is different etc. I am aware of teh menatl work and that scares me enough- have a therapist/have been in tehrapy /will continue to etc. I don't want to feel like I am "mooching" off of you all..but if you have any "top five tips " or something I would really appreciate your experience. Thank you so much for being there for the newbie, I really , really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your support- I feel better just getting the positive energy from this link- I like you ladies and will be hanging out with you hot ones! I have read all the Q&F on this site and others and now it is the waiting game for the 17th. I am just trying to prepare...I want this to disrupt my kids life as much as possible- great tips about gas-x and liquid pain stuff- I am a bit confused about mixed info about time soent on liquids- my doc said 7 days liquid 10 days soft food but I ahve read about a critical 6 weeks liquid too- I know everyone's body is different etc. I am aware of teh menatl work and that scares me enough- have a therapist/have been in tehrapy /will continue to etc. I don't want to feel like I am "mooching" off of you all..but if you have any "top five tips " or something I would really appreciate your experience. Thank you so much for being there for the newbie, I really , really appreciate it.

Marty, welcome and congrats to you and your upcoming surgery. I say congrats because for me it was the best decision I have ever made, it literally gave me my life back. I had absolutely no gas pains ever after my surgery, but like they say everyone is different. My surgeon told me he does his best to expell it all before he closes you up. As for being confused as to the post op diet, etc. That is entirely normal. You will come to find out after reading lots of posts here that many many docs have different opinions on this. Some require much longer liquid diets than others, etc. Mine was 5-7 days liquids, 5 days mushies, then solids. My best piece of advice there is to follow whatever your dr wants you to do as he is the one ultimately in charge of your after care as well. That's what I did. I also had no pre op diet so my dr's guidelines were easy to follow so I was lucky. My other piece of advice would be to start tasting and shopping for protien drinks now. Find one you like and if you are like me and dislike most of them, then find the one you dislike the least and stock up. The last thing you want to discover after surgery is that the Protein drinks you bought, you don't like or you run out. You won't feel like going shopping for them. I liked Isopure the best, others hate them and call them Isopukes, so it really is an individual thing, i didn't like shakes. There is also a tastely protien powder called "any whey' and it's available at GNC that you can add to your puddings etc. And a great way to get lots of Protein is the 'protein shots' they are these 3 oz test tube looking things and had 42 gms of protein in the 3 oz, I only was to drink 1 oz protein every hour so that 1 oz was like 14 grms. Good luck to you!

Welcome Marty - I was nervous before surgery, but I had to go through so much just to have the surgery (insurance paid) that all I wanted was to get it over with and move on to the next step; and, here I am no worse for wear. I've also been confused about the post op diets from reading many of the posts, however I'm following the plan my doctor provided (which is very similiar to Longs). I didn't have a lot of pain, more like discomfort - didn't need pain meds, but had them just in case. Lot's of gas and diaherra sp. My biggest struggle has been hunger, but even that is getting better. I had surgery on Fri (1/23) and was back in the office the following Tues. The first couple of days back was a bit taxing, but by the end of the week everything was fine. I find that these forums are an excellent source of information and support. Good luck to you.

Indigo - I went to WW today and I heard a lady announce she lost 11lbs her first week on the program. It made me feel a little disappointed, cause I've only lost 3.6lbs since my last weigh in (last Sunday) and I have a band. Oh well, I adjusted my mind and chalked it up to the fact that everyone's body is different. As long as I'm losing I'll be satisfied that I made a good decision.

Hi Janet and all,

I'm totally struggling to lose weight. I've been banded for almost a year and really haven't lost much, all due to head hunger and eating around the band. It's got to stop! What I don't understand is how all of you here are managing to lose weight. I mean, if we couldn't lose on our own before banding, what changes after banding? I need help and advise and support.

bonnie

Ok I'll check out the food page you suggested...I hope I didn't offend anyone, it certainly was not my intention. It's just when I read how well you all have done, I can't imagine any of you needing anything else...looking at the world through my rose colored prescription glasses again.

Indigo - I went to WW today and I heard a lady announce she lost 11lbs her first week on the program. It made me feel a little disappointed, cause I've only lost 3.6lbs since my last weigh in (last Sunday) and I have a band. Oh well, I adjusted my mind and chalked it up to the fact that everyone's body is different. As long as I'm losing I'll be satisfied that I made a good decision.

Sharon - Don't worry you didn't offend anyone- you won't find fighting on this thread... I know when I 1st joined there was some of that going on and there are a few pple out there who don't like my tough band love stans.. But so be it

Yes it's very hard to see someone lose the weight faster than you are and that can be hard - but you have to take into consideration - starting weights - metabolizms - amount of calories consumed and amount of exercise - I have a friend on the 50+ thread Oreagondaisy - she was a slow loser - she had her metabolism tested and it was very slow - with this knowlegde she never gave up but just kept plugging along and she got to goal - not as fast as some but she got there - REMEMBER THE TURTLE WON THE RACE !!!

and remember the band isn't losing the weight - it's you who does the work that is losing the weight and the reason for the band is to help keep the weight off - we all have lost weight before - the trick here is to KEEP it off for the rest of our lives - that's why we have the band. With the band you can expect to lose 1-2 lbs a week - you lost 3.6 lbs you are doing better than the average... Darling quit comparing yourself to others ok - you are wonderful in your right and you don't need to worry about if Jane lost 2 and you lost 1 - all that matters is that you have lost!!! This is about you and no one else !!!!

On my Lucky #7 thread - Salsa1877 was my competition (yes I am competitive) we were alot alike (as you will find out we are all more alike than we are diff) same height - same starting weight - the only thing is that she is like 24 yrs younger than me (she is now my band daughter). I didn't offically compete with her - but I wanted to do just as good as her - and I did - we stayed about 5 - 10 lbs within each others weight - I worked very very hard at getting this weight to come off... I did the work not the band..

Marty - #1 rule - follow your doctors orders. I had 10 days each stage so be happy you only have 7 days full liquids

Didn't your doctor give you a shopping list of what you will need - I think there is one on the forum page of what you will need - are you spending the night in the hospital?

I used unjury Protein Powder - choc & unflavored - also my doc's office sold Protein stuff - I loved the clear liquid protien it's like crystal light put with Protein in it - 70 cal for 15 grm pt - I can't find much proti online - but at Bariatric Advantage they have something very similar - check out their website

Can't say I LOVED the protein powders but they were ok - livable - but after 10 days of sweet stuff you are very ready for savory food

I never used pain med once I got home from the hospital not even the tyelnol.

Counseling is good - it will help you with this journey and it is a journey - you will discover the real you that was hiding under the fat - I feel like a new person - a butterfly who has escaped it's caocoon...

Good morning gang - Happy Monday !!!

A new week a new today

- Why are you going to stay on program today?

- What's on your menus for today

- What's your execise goals for today ???

I am staying on program today - cuz this is my new lifestyle change - this is now my life to eat healthy and it feels great putting on a size 4 pari of pants instead of squeezing in to an 18!!!

Menu - BF - yogurt & granola - lunch - One pot wonder (2 chicken breast cut in chunks onion bell pepper garlic salt & pepper 1/2 c rice - 3 zuchinne - 2 carrots -1/2 c corn jar of spahegitti sauce) this was my dinner last night and made enought for lunch all week - dinner 4 oz fish - 1/2 c rice - 1/2 cup veggies - Snacks - snack pack popcorn - sf fudgecicle - 1 oz lf string cheese - 1 sf pudding cup.

Exercise - 1 hrs w/trainer doing weights working legs ..

That's my plan for the day...

Well gotta get my butt in gear and get some work done -

As usual will cbl:wink:

Hi Janet and all,

I'm totally struggling to lose weight. I've been banded for almost a year and really haven't lost much, all due to head hunger and eating around the band. It's got to stop! What I don't understand is how all of you here are managing to lose weight. I mean, if we couldn't lose on our own before banding, what changes after banding? I need help and advise and support.

bonnie

Bonnie Hugs GF for your struggles.

You ask why we have managed to lose the weight - Well here's my story and I will let the others tell you theirs

I was 52 when banded - The quality of my life sucked big time - I slept away my weekend - I was tired all the time couldn't walk for a long period and adjusted my life to doing almost nothing but going to work come home eat and sleep.

I have 3 grandkids 17 14 4 - I want to be around for them - the 17 yr old lives w/me..

I knew prior to being banded that it was only a tool that it wasn't going to lose the weight for me - the the tool I needed to make the lifetime lifestyle change in my eating - you have heard this a million times before "it's not about dieting it's about making a lifetime lifestyle change"

I am not dieting - really gf I am not - I eat healthy - limited sugar - low fat (I ate very high fat prior to banding) I added exercise into my life....

#1 - the band isn't going to lose the weight for you - it's only a tool - it doesn't make your food choices only you can do that - it's just a dumb piece of plastic around your tummy- as I say they banded our tummies not our heads and that's where the real problems lies..

I had major surgery - that in its self for me was a major incentive and everyone knew it to..

I really wanted to improve the quality of the years that I have left on this earth - this is my time - it's about me and I deserve to be the very best that I can be.

Sounds like you have restriction - since you say you are eating around your band and giving into head hunger.

Well here's what I do - I follow a weight watcher type eating plan cuz I think it's the healthiest out there and what I would consider normal - meat - veggies - starches - treats/sweets

nothing is off limits.

I plan what I eat - I shop for foods that are healthy - I keep the junk out of the house - and I don't do unplanned treats

I kept a food diary for the 1st year - and I counted calories - I still do - I bought a scale and weighed and measured my foods until I knew what 4 oz of fish looked like - as fat chicks a pint of ice cream is a serving size - we don't know what a 1/2 c looks like - and all these things go into losing weight - yep it's work gf - it is - but it's doable and after a while it becomes habit...

I eat with children's utensils - I eat off sandwich/dessert plates - I have bowls that are 1 cup size - and gladware in small sizes too to pack my lunch.

I follow the band rules - Protein 1st - eat slowly and chew and no drinking til 1/2 hr after meals.

I eat mostly sf stuff - sf ww fudgecicles and sf choc pudding are great for treats.. I bake my fish - I don't fry anymore and I use I can't believe it's not butter spray instead of margine..

I fight my head hunger during the day - cuz I am at work and don't keep food at my desk - but at night - well that's when my head hunger is strongest - and you know what I give into it to a degree - within my calorie budget for the day - I don't usually eat Snacks between bf - lunch or lunch and dinner - I save them for after dinner - it works for me.

That's the secret you gotta take the rules/plan and make it work for you..

Exercise - Yes that dreaded word - well you know what - God didn't make us to sit on our butts 24/7 at a desk or infront of a t.v. our bodies need exercise if they are going to stay healthy and get us thru our lives.. Ya it's hard at first - I won't tell you it wasn't - but I didn't make it so hard that I quit - I started slowly and just kept plugging along - and each month it got a little easier - and now when I look in the mirror as I am doing my 3 miles - I like what I see..

You just gotta get your mind wrapped around the fact that you can not keep up your current lifestyle and think you are going to lose the weight just cuz you were banded - you can't think that the band is going to do the work for you - you can't think that changing your lifestyle is going to mean that you are deprived for the rest of your life -

I go to parties - I have a drink or a piece of cake - heck last week was my bday - went to dinner with a friend - had seafood Pasta dish - ate the Protein 1st shrimp & scallops - then a few bites of Pasta was full - then we went back to her house and had cake - she served me a slice and said - oh I know you won't be able to eat it all - I told her hell yes I could that the band doesn't stop you from eating the bad stuff - but that one piece of cake was ok - it's not what got me fat - it was cuz I ate the whole damn thing... That's what got me fat - No I won't be eating cake 3 times a week and think I am going to lose the weight - but I can have a piece every now and then and not be afraid that I am going to gain 10 lbs... It takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound - eating 500 once a month isn't going to hurt..

You gotta focus on eating healthy not dieting cuz once you are off the diet and go back to eating normal - what's going to happen - you are going to gain the weight back - cuz your normal is what got you fat in the 1st place.

I am not deprived - I eat healthy - I exercise - I have lost the weight and have been maintaining w/no problems.

This can be you too - Bonnie - you are no diff than me - Food was my drug of choice - but I just decided that I no longer wanted to be addicted - I decided I didn't want food to ruin my life - I came to the realization that it (food) wasn't going anywhere - I can have it everyday and enjoy what I am eating without it killing me...

Who's stronger - you or the food - food is just something - it doesn't have a soul - it doesn't breath - it has no muscle why are you going to let something and innate as food control your life - you got your tool - now get your butt in gear and use it.. Show food that it's not in control - show that stupid bag of Cookies that you have the power to throw them in the trash and say "better in thee than in me" You will really find it liberating...

Today is your day - today you will take it one minute at a time you will thing about now - not tomorrow - just now - for now you will eat healthy - for today you will walk - and tomorrow we will repeat the same process - take it one day at a time - you can do this - I know you can....

When you want to eat come here and post tell us why you want to eat - what's really going on - are you bored - feeling unloved - pissed - what - tell us about your day - tells us about your struggles - we will do our best to help you thru them...

Like the title of the thread say "I'm here to Help"

Hugs - Janet

BONNIE YOU NEED TO WRITE THIS LETTER TO YOUR LOVER SAYING GOODBYE !!!

Dear food,

I’m breaking up with you.

Don’t be surprised. I’ve certainly tried to do it many times before, but I always weakened and went back to you.

I finally woke up and realized this relationship is not good for me. I’m not getting what I need from you. It’s hurting me, not allowing me the space to grow in the ways I need to grow. You’re holding me back.

I know I’ll have separation anxiety, but I’ve stayed with you too long, way past when I should have. This just isn’t working for me. You don’t listen to me. You don’t give me attention. You don’t care about what I’m going through. It’s almost like you don’t have any feelings for me at all, yet I’ve stuck close to you, helpless and dependent.

I know you won’t let go of me so easily. I know you’ll keep calling me, asking me to come back. But please, let me go now.

In the beginning you were always there, ready to calm me and soothe me, but it went too far. I came to rely on you. I looked to you for everything. In all fairness, it was too much to ask of you. No way could you fulfill all my needs. For so long I’ve settled, afraid to go out there and find something better for myself. I need to do that.

I now withdraw my heart from you so I can be free to put it elsewhere, some place where I can be loved back. I’ve tried to break up with you before. This time it’s real. I want to be on the cutting edge of my own life, and I can’t do it while I’m still tied to you. Thinking about being free scares me, but I want it. I must have it. I know I’m brave enough at last.

I know I’ll long for you. I know I’ll think of you a lot, especially during those hard times. I know I’ll be tempted to come back to you. But this time I’ve got a plan, things I’m prepared to do when I get lonely and sad. I’ve been thinking of other ways to Celebrate when I’m happy or proud. I have remedies in place for being bored or tired.

At this point you’re a troublemaker in my life and I intend to keep my emotional distance from you. So in a way, this is goodbye. Of course, I’ll still come into contact with you day to day, but let’s just be friends, not lovers.

Don’t cry (although you never do, it’s me who does all the crying).

Courtsey of Phyl who read this letter in her TOPS meeting the other day - gotta give props to the person who original posted :w00t:

Indio - I love it. What a great letter. The next time I feel the urge to cave in - I will think of the song "Baby, Come Back" - AND I WON'T!

Thanks for that funny - and very inspiring - reminder that we all need to hear.

what types of exercising do you do. i have doing my bowflex and row machine every morning. is that enough or should i be doing more.

what types of exercising do you do. i have doing my bowflex and row machine every morning. is that enough or should i be doing more.

Hi Velvet

For the 1st 8 months I did nothing but the treadmil - started out 1 mile in like 20 minutes then went to 1.5 miles in 30 so on and so forth - then last March got a trainer and now do weights 2 x week along with treadmill 1 or 2 times a week.

How long are you working out - what's your intensity - and as you lose the weight you have to increase your intensity or lenght of time to burn the same amount of calories -

When I weighed 250- 200 - I think I burned like 300+ calories in doing like 2 miles on flat surface - now I have to add incline and am doing like 3 miles at a faster pace and incline to burn that same 300 calories..

Saturday I did 4 miles on the treadmill and burned like 400 calories - but i walked at speed of 3.0 to 4.2 and inclines from 1 to 10. I have to add the incline to burn the calories other wise if I was just walking on a zero incline for 4 miles I would burn only 250 calories...

?Velvet, I think it's great you are doing the Bowflex, keep it up, but I think you also need to add some cardio. Start slow with walking or something. Good luck to you! My workouts are 6 days a week of a DVD called Power 90 by Tony Horton. This is my 3rd week of a 90 day program. I finally feel like I am getting stronger and able to do more. The first week or so was tough.

Wow, Janet, you are really on today, great info here. I can't really add much more to my story that you haven't already posted. For me, it's become a way of life. I feel stronger and more confident with every pound I lose and more and more determined to never go back to that way of life again. Also I was self pay and paid big bucks for this surgery and that keeps me on track too. Even if I cave to head hunger, always try to make it Protein first. That helps if you can do that. Junk food unfortunately as you know, Bonnie, slides right through and you never really get that full feeling.

Wow- Janet this is an awesome overview and SO HELPFUL. I want to save it somehow and go to it when a I need a "shot of wisdom". The break up letter is HILARIOUS! Thank you all for helping us Newbies- someday I hope I can "pay it back!