Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

97!!!!

Only 3 to go now til Onderland!! WOOHOO!!

Today is my busy busy day. Worked this morning at 5am, then got off at 830 and straight to the hospital to volunteer. Left early so I could get home, change, let the dogs out and now gotta leave for day 3 of my Power 90 workout. My abs are sore and today is another 'ab ripper' day. :thumbup: Get home fix dinner, and then have 22 people coming tonight for a small group with my church. Tomorrow is MY day! #1 on the agenda is a nap!!

97!!!!

Today is my busy busy day. Worked this morning at 5am, then got off at 830 and straight to the hospital to volunteer. Left early so I could get home, change, let the dogs out and now gotta leave for day 3 of my Power 90 workout. My abs are sore and today is another 'ab ripper' day. :thumbup: Get home fix dinner, and then have 22 people coming tonight for a small group with my church. Tomorrow is MY day! #1 on the agenda is a nap!!

WOOHOO FOR YOU! Congrats!

:thumbup: Hello everyone, I am newly banded 1/13/09 and looking for help! I am STILL on the liquids and get to eat soft food after 4 weeks (Tues.) YEAH. I was wondering if grits are considered soft food? ? Really I am making my grocery list so that I can go to the store this weekend and ACTUALLY put something in my cabinet for me and not the kids and hubby!

ALSO I get my fist fill on 2/12 and I was reading on other threads that after a fill you really should have ONLY liquids for a few days? Sorry if I am at the wrong spot... I am new

to this and NEED a lot of HELP :smile: AND I am So HUNGRY!

AND SICK OF LIQUIDS AHHHHHHH

Yeah, I thought so on the carb thing. I have been looking on labels ..........I still am eating too many carbs, but with this new fill that may cut it down. I just ate a piece of fish....went down....but then I ate a piece of bread....yuk!...stuck! So, I will be cutting down on the carbs.

Charlene - during my weight loss phase I really limited my carbs to my 1/2 cu rice at night - What are you doing trying to eat bread? ?? Come on now GF - Bread is a treat no longer a daily staple (I only eat a 1/2 slice when I go out for dinner)- well it's ok if it's lite bread for a sandwich - but bread & butter - gone for good - efined carbs waste of calories and to filling and no nutritional value...

97!!!!

Today is my busy busy day. Worked this morning at 5am, then got off at 830 and straight to the hospital to volunteer. Left early so I could get home, change, let the dogs out and now gotta leave for day 3 of my Power 90 workout. My abs are sore and today is another 'ab ripper' day. :) Get home fix dinner, and then have 22 people coming tonight for a small group with my church. Tomorrow is MY day! #1 on the agenda is a nap!!

Congrats Long 97 frickin lbs in what 7 months - weren't you banded in June - thats FANTASTIC...

:thumbup: Hello everyone, I am newly banded 1/13/09 and looking for help! I am STILL on the liquids and get to eat soft food after 4 weeks (Tues.) YEAH. I was wondering if grits are considered soft food? ? Really I am making my grocery list so that I can go to the store this weekend and ACTUALLY put something in my cabinet for me and not the kids and hubby!

ALSO I get my fist fill on 2/12 and I was reading on other threads that after a fill you really should have ONLY liquids for a few days? Sorry if I am at the wrong spot... I am new

to this and NEED a lot of HELP :smile: AND I am So HUNGRY!

AND SICK OF LIQUIDS AHHHHHHH

Baylee - Welcome

Yep you are in bandster hell we have all been there GF...

I am a tad confussed if you were banded 1/13 - 1/27 is only 2 weeks.. or did you have 2 week pre-op and say it's been 4 weeks since you ate food.. Refired Beans seems to be everyones fav once they get to move to mushies..

You doc fills one month out?? I think most don't fill until you are 6-8 weeks out. As to going on liquids after a fill - that's up to your doc - some say for a few hours - for the next meal - for one day - or a coupld of days - or a week..

All our doc's give different orders - so you will just have to follow what your doc says...

Congrats on being banded....

Four weeks total.. Sorry 2 weeks before and now 2 weeks after. :thumbup: this is the pits. Has anyone eaten grits on mushies or have you heard of any problems?? Just curious as my list says warm cereal... oatmeal seams to be thick as well. I go and see my Nutrionist again on Thurs. (next week) but really wanted a few things on hand for Tues. As you can see I am actually counting down.. this is very scary, makes me feel like I am in withdrawl I think I am addicted to chewing:lol:

Hey kids...just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well and WELCOME BAYLEE.

Hard to believe a week of our vacation is already spent. It's all great except for the last 24 hours. Spent the afternoon in Jacksonville yesterday. Got to visit with our 25 yr old son and take him out to dinner. Way to long without seeing him. Will drive up to Atlanta a couple of times (7 hour drive or more) during the remainder of our vacation. Anyway, got a kidney stone when up there. Long trip home and a long night. Passed it late this morning and then crashed. Up and about now and have plans to do some things the rest of the week.

We do most of our own cooking here at the cabin. I am not much for eating out. As most of you know, I love to cook. Been doing a lot of seafood which is a fav of mine. Still pushing to gain some weight back. Getting tight from traveling did not help the matter any. Went out and bought a scale so that I could keep track of my weight. I am absolutely eating as much as I can. Right now I am sitting here stuffed as a tick and dinner is in an hour. Who would have thought that this would be a problem for me? Anyway, I have a handle on it and the weight will eventually come back...just very frustrating. I am finding that maintenance has been tougher for me than the weight loss process. I feel wonderful though...just want to be sure I stay in a certain weight range. My primary doc did not seem to bee too concerened about it when I saw him shortly b/4 we left on vacation.

DH is snoring on the couch. We are trying to be very curteous of each other when it comes to time on the lap top............this is my first time today. But it's OK as long as I can check in once a day. We have a difficult time getting signal in the morning. No phone service either...ever. Smack in the middle of the forest. Not having the phone limits all the business calls for DH which is fine with me. DS can handle them from his home.

Take care....will check with you all again tomorrow....if I'm not out having too much fun! I just love you guys. Life is good.

Four weeks total.. Sorry 2 weeks before and now 2 weeks after. :thumbup: this is the pits. Has anyone eaten grits on mushies or have you heard of any problems?? Just curious as my list says warm Cereal... oatmeal seams to be thick as well. I go and see my Nutrionist again on Thurs. (next week) but really wanted a few things on hand for Tues. As you can see I am actually counting down.. this is very scary, makes me feel like I am in withdrawl I think I am addicted to chewing:lol:

Yep 4 wks of liquids is a "B".. I had grits during my mushies stage - not really grits per say - but yellow corn meal mush 1/4 c with like spagh sauce (very very fine ground turkey meat) over it with a little cheese - but you gotta becareful grits don't have any Protein and you gotta get your Protein in.

LF refired Beans - Mashed Potatoes made with skim milk-

Weight control oatmeal (make it thin - use skim milk to boost the protein) I think tuna salad with lite mayo. I also had well done veggies like yellow crooked neck squash & zuchinne cooked together with I can't believe it's not butter spray - go to the forum tab above - and then look for the food thread - they have tons of ideas there - it's been 17 months since I was banded and I don't remember all the good things I came up with to eat - but I remember how glad I was to get to that stage...

Charlene - during my weight loss phase I really limited my carbs to my 1/2 cu rice at night - What are you doing trying to eat bread? ?? Come on now GF - Bread is a treat no longer a daily staple (I only eat a 1/2 slice when I go out for dinner)- well it's ok if it's lite bread for a sandwich - but bread & butter - gone for good - efined carbs waste of calories and to filling and no nutritional value...

Well, I ate fish patty out of a sandwich, so I ate a piece of the bun. You are right......we can't eat that anymore. I can't eat rice either.....it seems to get stuck. I don't think I chew it up well enough. I am tracking on Daily plate again. That way I can keep better track of carbs, sodium, and Protein.

Hey Apples - Hugs Gf about those damn kidney stones - how awful... Glad you are doing better though...

Seafood a fav of mine too - in fact I think I am having scallops & shrimp tonight...

Too full to eat - well I wish that was my problem - I don't know but for the last couple of days I am hungry - but lunch was total slider food - tuna salad - crackers & 8 oz of green Beans - I am drinking a grape crystal lite right now (target brand) - I find that if I am doing something (work doesn't count) then I am not hungry - but I think the stress makes me want to munch - that's why I don't keep food at my desk..

Gain weight back - OMW child did you really say that... I know you are tall but how much more have you lost that much.. Go out an have a few cocktails :0) that should do it..

Glad you had a good visit with DS - 7 hrs drive - OMW..

Well, enjoy your vacation - we will talk to you later

and oh ya WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU TOO.... XOXO J

Well, I ate fish patty out of a sandwich, so I ate a piece of the bun. You are right......we can't eat that anymore. I can't eat rice either.....it seems to get stuck. I don't think I chew it up well enough. I am tracking on Daily plate again. That way I can keep better track of carbs, sodium, and Protein.

Ok you ate one of those fried fish mcmuffin thingies (I forgot what they are called) Did you make this at home or where you out and about and got something to eat..

Suggestion here - said with love now - but there are better food choices a hamburger patty would have been better than that fried fish patty with breading

It's not that we can never eat bread again - it's just that it's not something to eat often - Like I said I treat bread as a treat - but agian I really can't say that - I use to love sour dough bread with either cheese or butter/garlic in the mircowave

I could probley eat 1 small piece now but then I would want another piece in a few hours and that's what I would do - so I just don't do it..

Like I said - I do have a sandwich everynow and then - but I use the lite bread .. I haven't even attempted a roll/bun since being banded..

Apples, good to hear you are having a good vacation. So sorry about the stones, though. That is really a bummer. This is your second bout in a couple of weeks, isn't it? I hope you are done with that for good.

I think Janet has the right idea - a couple of Margaritas on the beach should put on a few ounces... That's assuming DH doesn't start chasing you down the beach. He's on vacation, too! LOL (I think I need a vacation, too... that whole scenario - beach, margaritas, etc., etc. - sounds like fun... Beats 20 degrees in Kansas City!)

Love ya, girlfriend,

Hey Gang

Just checking in - I'm back from the gym - Arms tonite

Have I told you all I will be gone this weekend - Vegas Baby...:thumbup:

My Friend Peaches & her gf who lives in Canada are coming to Vegas for a girls weekend - so since I live like 4 hrs away - I'm going too (and a gf of mine) - We met last summer on our Mall of America trip - she's a lucky #7 too..

I'm staying at Trump hotel and called them today to tell them that we would be a late check in - the girl said OK is there anything else I can do for you - and I say - well could you upgrade us to a strip view as this is the 1st time my gf has ever been to Vegas and we are meeting some other friends for a Girls weekend - she put me on hold came back and said yes we will up grade you to a strip view for FREE - AND gave us $50 coupon for their restaurant and some spa discounts...

Then I go to the gym - my trainer tells me he can hook me up with a guy who works as door man at a club - so that we can get right in - you know be those kind of pple who don't have to wait in line - who walk up and get right in :smile:--

OMW - I am thinking like a 30 yr old - but I hope that my body can keep up... Does anyone have any old diet pills in their medicine cabinets that they can overnight me :0) I don't have Apple energy ...

Leaving Friday after work - washing right now - will pack tomorrow and hopefully be on the road no later than 4..

Hard to believe a week of our vacation is already spent. It's all great except for the last 24 hours. Spent the afternoon in Jacksonville yesterday. Got to visit with our 25 yr old son and take him out to dinner. Way to long without seeing him. Will drive up to Atlanta a couple of times (7 hour drive or more) during the remainder of our vacation. Anyway, got a kidney stone when up there. Long trip home and a long night. Passed it late this morning and then crashed. Up and about now and have plans to do some things the rest of the week.

We do most of our own cooking here at the cabin. I am not much for eating out. As most of you know, I love to cook. Been doing a lot of seafood which is a fav of mine.

DH is snoring on the couch. We are trying to be very curteous of each other when it comes to time on the lap top............this is my first time today. But it's OK as long as I can check in once a day. We have a difficult time getting signal in the morning. No phone service either...ever. Smack in the middle of the forest. Not having the phone limits all the business calls for DH which is fine with me. DS can handle them from his home.

Take care....will check with you all again tomorrow....if I'm not out having too much fun! I just love you guys. Life is good.

Nice you had a visit with your son. We had a similar visit with our youngest son this past summer... hadn't seen him in 2 years!! TOO LONG!!

Sorry to hear about your kidney stone!

Have any "secret" seafood recipes for us??? Seafood is my favorite thing.. often have it 3X a day!

You see... that's why we have TWO laptops! We each have our own. Sharing doesn't work well!! We tried that!

Glad you are enjoying TX!!