Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Long...we will be taking the lap top to FL. Bought it for DH a couple of weeks ago. It was actually a self-indulgent gift. Bought it so he would keep his butt away from MY desk. Now he can sit in recliner and surf.

Disappointing that we might not meet but understand.

Aren't those shopping deals (especially on clothes) great? Got some Laura Ashley long sleeve T's for $11 and Laura Ashley jackets for little or nothing. I love a good deal. Have only been in a Kohls store a couple of times. I would love a good deal on summer clothes right now. I took a guess last summer and bought some clearance. Knew I would need them for our trip. Bought mediums and could have used small but will make them work. Just bought capris and tshirts. Jeans, khakis, etc. are the correct size.

Hope you can go on your cruise. Would be a great trip. I don't think cruises are my thing even though I love them. Last one we did...I ended up with virdigo for close to a year. Flat in bed for 2 weeks when it first hit me a week after we got home. DH was on a farm trip and was left to fend for me and the dog. Not pretty.

Still have not ventured out on the icy roads. Arm is a killer. Typing with mostly left hand. Just don't want to risk further injury on the roads. Drove 60 miles yesterday on ice.

Hey gang! Sounds like some of you are hitting some good sales:tt1::laugh:.. Today is Friday and we just had a terrible wind and rain storm go through with Tornado warning. Last week it was 0 and today is 65. No wonder everyone gets sick ya know. Went and walked yesterday for the first time in about 5 days. Am getting ready to join a club. Janet I keep my house between 64 and 68 all winter long, even when its freezing. I like a cold house. I run my fireplace though. I cleared out my house of goodies and my ds came in this morning with some very delicious Cookies. I love them and I don't want them in my house anymore. I am still feeling very full on a little food but I do have to go really slow with Protein or I will get stuck. I go to the Dr on Tuesday after New Years. I havent been for two months now. He's going to know that I had some goodies through the Holidays cause the last time I went was thanksgiving week and since then I have gained and lost so my loss won't be as much as it usually is. I really don't think I need a fill yet if I am still getting full easy do I? Mostly I can't eat a meal until evening and then it has to be very slow. I went shopping last night for a while. Man, the deals here are very deep. I bought a down coat (pink Angel down) and an angel down vest at Lands end and I got the coat for 30 and the vest for 15. GREAT DEALS. Then I bought the Pink boots to match. (My favorite color) Then I ordered the berry and the blue marled cotton turtleneck on a one day deal for 12.99 each. Those sweaters in person are absolutley gorgeous. Very vibrant colors. Am very pleased. All in all, my family had a fantastic holiday. I got some of the greatest deals on some of the nicest things. Went to Macys, Bed Bath and Beyond, Pier one,Kohls, Jeffry Alans and Hobby Lobby last night. Macys looked like is was masequered. I mean a week ago, it was still really full on clothes, but yesterday, there had been some major shopping going on apparently cause alot of stuff was gone and I do mean alot. Of course, the deals were great. I didn't buy anything last night but sure wanted to. I was buying too many clothes at first and now, alot of my stuff is too big for me. Talk to you all later.

Beckyo:thumbup::hurray:

Hey gang! Sounds like some of you are hitting some good sales:tt1::laugh:.. Today is Friday and we just had a terrible wind and rain storm go through with Tornado warning. Last week it was 0 and today is 65. No wonder everyone gets sick ya know. Went and walked yesterday for the first time in about 5 days. Am getting ready to join a club. Janet I keep my house between 64 and 68 all winter long, even when its freezing. I like a cold house. I run my fireplace though. I cleared out my house of goodies and my ds came in this morning with some very delicious Cookies. I love them and I don't want them in my house anymore. I am still feeling very full on a little food but I do have to go really slow with Protein or I will get stuck. I go to the Dr on Tuesday after New Years. I havent been for two months now. He's going to know that I had some goodies through the Holidays cause the last time I went was thanksgiving week and since then I have gained and lost so my loss won't be as much as it usually is. I really don't think I need a fill yet if I am still getting full easy do I? Mostly I can't eat a meal until evening and then it has to be very slow. I went shopping last night for a while. Man, the deals here are very deep. I bought a down coat (pink Angel down) and an angel down vest at Lands end and I got the coat for 30 and the vest for 15. GREAT DEALS. Then I bought the Pink boots to match. (My favorite color) Then I ordered the berry and the blue marled cotton turtleneck on a one day deal for 12.99 each. Those sweaters in person are absolutley gorgeous. Very vibrant colors. Am very pleased. All in all, my family had a fantastic holiday. I got some of the greatest deals on some of the nicest things. Went to Macys, Bed Bath and Beyond, Pier one,Kohls, Jeffry Alans and Hobby Lobby last night. Macys looked like is was masequered. I mean a week ago, it was still really full on clothes, but yesterday, there had been some major shopping going on apparently cause alot of stuff was gone and I do mean alot. Of course, the deals were great. I didn't buy anything last night but sure wanted to. I was buying too many clothes at first and now, alot of my stuff is too big for me. Talk to you all later.

Beckyo:thumbup::hurray:

Becky

The way it sounds, you don't need a fill... As we all know those treats go down with no problem - it's the hard Proteins that are harder to eat.. If you had a fill I don't think you could eat at all - and remember this band is in for life and you have to be able to eat normal.. I really really don't think you are going to need a fill.

I rarely every turn my heater on -but this morning I just couldn't get warm = heck right now my hands are cold - I have on pj's fleece bottoms thermal top and 2 pairs of socks - I have the fireplace going too - but it's in the other room..

I didn't do much today - went to Stein Mart looked around tried on a chasmere sweater and capris and left with nothing -= I really don't need to be spending $$$ I got bills due on the 1st - I am going to wait - til the spring stuff comes out and then will do a little shopping - plus I really really hate looking thru racks and racks of clothes for my size -- i swear to the devil - I didn't know that you could buy so many 16 - 14 in the regular stores - but now that I am a 4 I can never find my size... Tons of 16's 14's 10's 12' 8' - but 6 or 4 hardly any - and tons of brown - I am not a brown person have a couple of things but not many.

After that stopped at the grocery store and came home - got a pot of collard greens on the stove - good and healthy and great for the tmi issues ..

Well am cold - going to living room and try and warm up... will ck back in a few

I

Last week Iwas able to eat pork chop just fine. Tonight (Sat evening) I made pork chops and mixed vegetables for dinner. Ate three bites of pork chop and pb'd. It went on for an hour. Was hungry but could not eat after that. Waited for about 2-3 hrs and warmed up my dinner. Got the veggies and the meat down but had to go really, really slow this time. I don't think I need a fill either but my weight loss is a little slower this month prob because of xmas food and a little less exerecise this last week. Thats why I tried to cook a decent meal tonight and wouldn't you know it. I could not eat very well. It seems like some nights I have trouble with meat and other nights I don't. Wierd:cursing:. Anyway talk with you later.

Beckyo

Becky, I know what you mean. I had steak and broccoli and took half my meal home. Last night I finished it and got stuck and pb'd. I think my problem is chewing and mixing the food. I need to do Protein first and then the veggie or carb. I am learning though...this is the first pb in over two weeks. :tongue_smilie:

Good Morning - I see that Charlene is the early riser today - 5:09 posted - I got up at 5:30 :)

This is a perfect example of what our band were designed for and the work it takes to lose the weight (to fill or not to fill )-

Treats ie eating around the band - lack of exercise will equal no weight loss - where as eating like we are suppose to (hard Proteins & excercise) will show a weight loss.

Some pple feel that they just need to tighten their band to lose weight - nope they need to tighten their heads :lol::lol: Make better choices and get their butts in gear...:D

I have never pb'd for an hour :eek:.. It usually comes up and that's the end of it - I know that yesterday afternoon I tried to eat leftover prime rib - it got stuck and it didn't want to come back up - I couldn't eat and I was hungry - so for dinner I had a cup Beans with cheese - something soft so I could eat and get some nutrition and not irritate my band further.. 99.9% of the time the reason for a pb for me is eating to fast - not chewing - to big of bites...

I feel for those who live in the colder climates and usually walk out doors - with the weather we have been having that would be a very difficult problem to overcome.

Well, the treats are gone !!! New Years isn't so much about the food as it is the drinking ... Well that's how I think of New Years - I usually stay home - my high school friend may come over we watch a movie - then Dick Clark and then she goes home - we don't even have champaigne :) . But my life is a little boring :tongue_smilie: - There are too many pple out on NYE - cops - drinking etc - I have been there done that - staying home is my idea of a good time - Now I just have to worry about GS being out...

This is embarrassing to me, but..i go, no problem with that, I just seem to go more often, little bit at a time and I hate that. I never know when and what to expect. :tongue_smilie:

janet...help !! my hair is getting thinner. it's bothering me BAD. will it come back like it was? how do i keep it from coming out? nurse in the dr's office said it was from lack of Protein.

its not to the point where others notice it, but i can tell. have you had this problem as well? another question for you janet...do you measure all your food daily? my new years resolution is to do everything the way i'm suppose to. i dont measure, I dont count my calories, I am not exercising. I am thinking about joining curves, it is around the corner from my office. all the above is the reason i havent lost more weight since Aug. I go for my next fill this tuesday.

hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I did, my son and dil left yesterday, my other son and his family left yesterday to go skiing. hubby and i went last night and rented 3 movies, planning on relaxing today. we watched mama mia last night, and i didnt like it at all.

have a good day everyone, don't forget the cowboy game today....woo hoo !! WE HAVE TO WIN THIS ONE.

:tongue_smilie: BYEEEEEE 4 NOW.

oops..the above response, I was referring to Lori's post about Constipation. :D

Sorta Figured that one out :tongue_smilie:

janet...help !! my hair is getting thinner. it's bothering me BAD. will it come back like it was? how do i keep it from coming out? nurse in the dr's office said it was from lack of Protein.

its not to the point where others notice it, but i can tell. have you had this problem as well? another question for you janet...do you measure all your food daily? my new years resolution is to do everything the way i'm suppose to. i dont measure, I dont count my calories, I am not exercising. I am thinking about joining curves, it is around the corner from my office. all the above is the reason i havent lost more weight since Aug. I go for my next fill this tuesday.

. we watched mama mia last night, and i didnt like it at all.

have a good day everyone, don't forget the cowboy game today....woo hoo !! WE HAVE TO WIN THIS ONE.

:lol: BYEEEEEE 4 NOW.

PJ - Are you getting your Protein - My hairdresser says it's lack of fat - my gf went on medifast so she got her protein but was lacking in fat and she lost tons of hair... So since I still get my fats (not as much but still include it in my diet) I agree cuz I haven't lost any and I have fine/thin hair... I remember asking my doc about this and he said they really don't know why - but it will come back... Just make sure you get your protein and some fats in your food daily and the fat & Water helps with the TMI problems too.:)

I bought a scale that give you amount of calorie - protein - carbs - fats in whatever you were weighing - you put in what you are weighting - cat fish raw - it would show the oz - protein - calories etc - I only counted protein & calories - I have never counted anything else (carb/fats etc) - I got it at bed bath & beyond - it was $100 but well worth it - I still pull it out when I have Pasta..

Also - you can buy glad containers that are 1/2 cup - that's what I would use to measure rice - I cook up a pot of rice then put it in the container and wala I have my rice for the week in portion sizes. I also bought 1 cup size and that's what I use to put up my one pot wonders that I take to work for lunch each week - no guessing - they are in the one cup container - just throw them in a bag and I have lunch for a week

I weighed and measured for about the first 4-6 months - by then you have learned correct portion sizes by eye ball and pretty much know how many grms of pt and calories are in what you are eating and I logged my calories & protein and exercise for the 1st yr. (well I still track exercise & keep mental tabs on what I am eating - but will forget a bite of this or that very easliy - that's why I really try and stick with planned meals & snacks)

Yep you need to join curves or a gym that's close and convient to your house or work so that you can go right after work at least 4 times a week. Yes dinner can wait for 30 minutes or an hour - this is about you - and we need exercise in our lives to be healthy - just losing the weight isn't going to make you 100 % healthy you gotta work those muscles - get that blood flowing - strenghty your core muscles - as we get older we lose more muscle this is why old pple fall and break hips - this is why they use walker - they have no muscles cuz they get no exercise...

I was reading an article in a magazine - skinny obese - yep they are skinny but got fat hiding inside cuz they don't exercise.. Something to that effect - Januarys Self Magazine..

When was your last fill - August - why so long between - do you have restriction???

I really really beleive in weighing, measuring your foods as a learning tool - you don't have to do this for the rest of your life - but you do need to learn what a correct portion size is - you need to know how many calories are in what you are eating - how are you going to keep the weight off if you don't -

I have a friend at work though she was eating healthy had 3 chicken thights from el pollo loco (grilled chicken) and they arent that big - I said GF you had about 900 calories in those thights - pluse the bean 130 - that's was just for dinner that truly a days worth of calories in just one meal :eek:

and I was just guessimating (this part of my brain still remembers calories) on the calories and when I looked it up to verify - I was correct - so it's important to know what you are putting in your mouth....

It's all about calories in vs calories out to lose the weight - the band will restriction portions of hard Proteins - but not slider foods or make your food choices ( healthy vs unhealthy)..

I never liked Abba and was told the movie was a musical with Abba so I won't watch - It looks like a cute movie (story line) so if they come out with nonmusical verison I might watch :)

I might be a Cali girl - but I am a Cowboy Fan... My DS Dad was a Pearson and I started watch cowboys when they had Drew & Preston Pearson - Infact my DS wanted GS to be Joe Pearson the 4th - I said hell no we have enought joe pearsons (him & his dad) need a new name - so one night I come home and was told babys name would be Andrew Pearson - (drew pearson) so in away he is named after the cowboys !!!!

Janet , I am an early riser, but I am also two hrs ahead of you. I was getting ready to go to 8am church service. Well, gonna have navy Beans today. Since I got banded my DH makes Beans at least twice a month. I am hooked on them!

Yep, it is a New Year and New Goals for 2009. I want to reach ONEDERLAND by the end of this year.

Charlene - Yep I bought some navy & pinto beans yesterday perfect foods for the cold weather...

Sorta Figured that one out :tongue_smilie:

PJ - Are you getting your Protein - My hairdresser says it's lack of fat - my gf went on medifast so she got her Protein but was lacking in fat and she lost tons of hair... So since I still get my fats (not as much but still include it in my diet) I agree cuz I haven't lost any and I have fine/thin hair... I remember asking my doc about this and he said they really don't know why - but it will come back... Just make sure you get your protein and some fats in your food daily and the fat & Water helps with the TMI problems too.:)

I bought a scale that give you amount of calorie - protein - carbs - fats in whatever you were weighing - you put in what you are weighting - cat fish raw - it would show the oz - protein - calories etc - I only counted protein & calories - I have never counted anything else (carb/fats etc) - I got it at bed bath & beyond - it was $100 but well worth it - I still pull it out when I have Pasta..

Also - you can buy glad containers that are 1/2 cup - that's what I would use to measure rice - I cook up a pot of rice then put it in the container and wala I have my rice for the week in portion sizes. I also bought 1 cup size and that's what I use to put up my one pot wonders that I take to work for lunch each week - no guessing - they are in the one cup container - just throw them in a bag and I have lunch for a week

I weighed and measured for about the first 4-6 months - by then you have learned correct portion sizes by eye ball and pretty much know how many grms of pt and calories are in what you are eating and I logged my calories & protein and exercise for the 1st yr. (well I still track exercise & keep mental tabs on what I am eating - but will forget a bite of this or that very easliy - that's why I really try and stick with planned meals & snacks)

Yep you need to join curves or a gym that's close and convient to your house or work so that you can go right after work at least 4 times a week. Yes dinner can wait for 30 minutes or an hour - this is about you - and we need exercise in our lives to be healthy - just losing the weight isn't going to make you 100 % healthy you gotta work those muscles - get that blood flowing - strenghty your core muscles - as we get older we lose more muscle this is why old pple fall and break hips - this is why they use walker - they have no muscles cuz they get no exercise...

I was reading an article in a magazine - skinny obese - yep they are skinny but got fat hiding inside cuz they don't exercise.. Something to that effect - Januarys Self Magazine..

When was your last fill - August - why so long between - do you have restriction???

I really really beleive in weighing, measuring your foods as a learning tool - you don't have to do this for the rest of your life - but you do need to learn what a correct portion size is - you need to know how many calories are in what you are eating - how are you going to keep the weight off if you don't -

I have a friend at work though she was eating healthy had 3 chicken thights from el pollo loco (grilled chicken) and they arent that big - I said GF you had about 900 calories in those thights - pluse the bean 130 - that's was just for dinner that truly a days worth of calories in just one meal :D

and I was just guessimating (this part of my brain still remembers calories) on the calories and when I looked it up to verify - I was correct - so it's important to know what you are putting in your mouth....

It's all about calories in vs calories out to lose the weight - the band will restriction portions of hard Proteins - but not slider foods or make your food choices ( healthy vs unhealthy)..

I never liked Abba and was told the movie was a musical with Abba so I won't watch - It looks like a cute movie (story line) so if they come out with nonmusical verison I might watch :)

I might be a Cali girl - but I am a Cowboy Fan... My DS Dad was a Pearson and I started watch cowboys when they had Drew & Preston Pearson - Infact my DS wanted GS to be Joe Pearson the 4th - I said hell no we have enought joe pearsons (him & his dad) need a new name - so one night I come home and was told babys name would be Andrew Pearson - (drew pearson) so in away he is named after the cowboys !!!!

Charlene - Yep I bought some navy & pinto Beans yesterday perfect foods for the cold weather...

Thank You so much Janet !!! Printing this and reading it Daily.

My last fill was last month. I have had 4 now.

Guess i'm not at my Sweet Spot yet. Plus I make the wrong choice. I wish we would all place on here what we eat everyday, it would help alot of us with ideas on what to take for lunch...etc. I take the Smart Ones to work, but...not very filling for me. I drink Low Carb slim fast for Breakfast. I eat South Beach bar for snack. For dinner, we go out to eat alot, and I eat whatever I want.

Now...as far as fat, how much do I need a day? How do you get your fat in a day? Do you read the fat grams to determine your daily fat grams? lol, I prolly get more fat a day than i do protein.

I saw your Christmas pic, it was sooo cute. You're a Doll!!

OK...curves it is, will drop by tomorrow after work and get some info on it. I was a member once, but not for long.

For all you movie watchers....i just finished watching Baby Mama, it was very cute, I liked it.

Byeeeeeeeeeeee...Cowboys kick off in 12 min.

Cute name too Janet...i like !!

Speaking of cruises, hubby is a tad bit worried. About 2 or 3 yrs ago he told me if I ever lost 100 lbs. he would take me on a European cruise and he would even go to Paris (he hates the thought of Paris though he's never been there for some reason). I was always going on about needing to lose 100 lbs and being very down on myself about it when he made that deal. Well I have 9 more to go (that was before my holiday gain though). So I've been watching some deals. And it's our 30th anniversary in April so that would be a good time to go. I can lose 9 by then!

30th Anniversary plus the 100 lb loss???

No question...time for a European cruise FOR SURE!!!

Thank You so much Janet !!! Printing this and reading it Daily.

My last fill was last month. I have had 4 now.

Guess i'm not at my Sweet Spot yet. Plus I make the wrong choice. I wish we would all place on here what we eat everyday, it would help alot of us with ideas on what to take for lunch...etc. I take the Smart Ones to work, but...not very filling for me. I drink Low Carb slim fast for Breakfast. I eat South Beach bar for snack. For dinner, we go out to eat alot, and I eat whatever I want.

Now...as far as fat, how much do I need a day? How do you get your fat in a day? Do you read the fat grams to determine your daily fat grams? lol, I prolly get more fat a day than i do Protein.

I saw your Christmas pic, it was sooo cute. You're a Doll!!

OK...curves it is, will drop by tomorrow after work and get some info on it. I was a member once, but not for long.

For all you movie watchers....i just finished watching Baby Mama, it was very cute, I liked it.

Byeeeeeeeeeeee...Cowboys kick off in 12 min.

Cute name too Janet...i like !!

PJ

You need a more filling breakfast - they have a WW egg mcmuffin that only 200 calories - I usually only eat 1/2 of the muffin part - I take off the top and eat the bottom muffin - egg, ham, cheese.. No you aren't at your sweet spot if you aren't full on a WW meal - I don't eat them often (I like real food) but I will have a lean cusiene every now and then - I like the feticunnie alfredo and I add scallops or shrimp to it.

Why do you eat out alot?? just cuz you don't wanta cooke?

I suggest that you stay home and cook a little more - eating out is fattening.. Are you eating a whole dinner - if you are again you aren't at your sweet spot - tell that darn doc to give you more fill. I usually eat 1/2 of a meal when I eat out and bring the other half home.

We can post what we eat it it helps you be accountable - I am attaching a menu for you..

Breakfast Ideas - Weight control oatmeal - sf yogurt/granola - a sandwich made on lite bread - I will have a ham/cheese sandwich sometime bread 45 ham 50 cheese 50 mustard doesn't count :0) - I don't really like sweet stuff for breakfast..

Ok post more later gotta take GD to her friend house and get some sf Creamer - i picked up the regular yesterday 60 calorie vs 35 for the sf - all those little things add up...

oops..the above response, I was referring to Lori's post about Constipation. :tongue_smilie:

Thankfully, my, ummm - issues in that department are much better. Now I don't know if it was the increased Water, the Miralax or trying to eat a little more Fiber. But it's such a relief (literally) to feel like a normal person in that regard.

Regarding your question about posting what to eat daily, I believe there is a thread on here some place that folks do just that. I seem to remember reading it at one time. I get in a rut and eat the same things. I was measuring and recording what I ate a lot but have gotten away from it. thinking maybe I should get in the habit for a bit anyway to make sure my 'guesstimates' haven't grown.

30th Anniversary plus the 100 lb loss???

No question...time for a European cruise FOR SURE!!!

That's what I'm thinking. Plus my bday is right about the same time so should just do it up big. Especially now that we found out hubby's job is going to be okay!!! I'll even forgo the diamond studs. :)

Just got home from some more shopping. Went clear across town to the Ann Taylor store that my daughter and her boyfriend bought my gift cards at. The $50 one came up as a zero balance when I tried to use it the day after Christmas. Luckily DBF kept the receipt and I went to the store he bought it at and even got the same clerk. They ended up recrediting the card for $50. I am so relieved. At first they way they were acting I thought they weren't. I told hubby to get ready to make stink. Then I looked around at some stuff. Saw a tank top I really liked but it was on clearance for $20 still. And I wasn't sure I liked seeing my arms. Not so much the bat wings as it is that roll between my arm pit and top of boob and bra. So I am saving the gift card to use in the spring. Hopefully no more problems using it, that is unless I find a great deal! DD and I are going shopping tomorrow afternoon.