Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet...I did eyelash extensions and permanent eyeliner back in August as a gift to myself. The eyelashes fall out when my own fall out. They are attached just about to the end of the lash. They look so natural and never have to wear mascara. I go back in every 2-3 weeks for a touch up. I actually fall asleep while she is doing it. $25 for a touch up. I also love the permanent eyeliner. I did charcoal and did a not too thick line upper and lower lids. Yes, I am a farm girl but a fancy one. Have always been a clothes horse and would never walk out of the house without makeup. Even when I was heavy I believed in keeping myself up even if just running to the field for the guys. (You never know who you will run into.

Hi everyone else. Have had such a busy week. My volunteer jobs are more than full time right now. Have a huge day tomorrow with the guards xmas party and meeting. An all day thing.

Had my annual physical this week. Everything checked out but don't have results on a few tests but not worried about it. Had mammo today and that was fine. Also had a bone density test. Was soooooo funny. The tech was a little girl about 20. Very nice little thing and visited throughout the test. She got excited all of a sudden and told me there was something abnormal with my spine. She said I had what looked like Calcium about the size of a quarter in my spine. She immediately called the radiologist to come look. I asked if I could look. Got off the table and knew instantly that it was my port. You should have seen the look on her face. Poor thing was so concerned. Just a cute story!

We have a fun Christmas party tonight at friend's home. They have the most beautiful house in the world and throw the best parties. Usually 100 people or more and their home accommodates everyone. We see people that we have not seen for a year. I bought a Ann Taylor silky sweater, black boots and silky black pants for the occasion. Blue is my best color and my DH loves me in that color with my blue eyes. Have the other Christmas party tomorrow night and found Jones NY sweater in red and black for that celebration.

I remember the Christmas parties last year. I felt sooooooo uncomfortable in my extra weight (actually for the last 15 yrs). I have an outgoing personality and would visit but would just want to hide when my beautiful friends walked in and looked so sleek and pretty. They are still beautiful but I will not feel like I have to hide this year. One of my friends that had not seen me for a year (the hostess of our party tonight) saw me two weeks ago and just said "We have you back to the way you used to be." That mean a lot to me. So, as you can tell, I am really looking forward to NOT worrying about my looks and just enjoy the holiday parties and events. It makes me feel so peaceful and makes me not want to not be noticed.

Everyone have a good weekend. It's time for me to go get "HOT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see your eyes. How about posting your picture.

Janet...I did eyelash extensions and permanent eyeliner back in August as a gift to myself. The eyelashes fall out when my own fall out. They are attached just about to the end of the lash. They look so natural and never have to wear mascara. I go back in every 2-3 weeks for a touch up. I actually fall asleep while she is doing it. $25 for a touch up. I also love the permanent eyeliner. I did charcoal and did a not too thick line upper and lower lids. Yes, I am a farm girl but a fancy one. Have always been a clothes horse and would never walk out of the house without makeup. Even when I was heavy I believed in keeping myself up even if just running to the field for the guys. (You never know who you will run into.

Hi everyone else. Have had such a busy week. My volunteer jobs are more than full time right now. Have a huge day tomorrow with the guards xmas party and meeting. An all day thing.

Had my annual physical this week. Everything checked out but don't have results on a few tests but not worried about it. Had mammo today and that was fine. Also had a bone density test. Was soooooo funny. The tech was a little girl about 20. Very nice little thing and visited throughout the test. She got excited all of a sudden and told me there was something abnormal with my spine. She said I had what looked like Calcium about the size of a quarter in my spine. She immediately called the radiologist to come look. I asked if I could look. Got off the table and knew instantly that it was my port. You should have seen the look on her face. Poor thing was so concerned. Just a cute story!

We have a fun Christmas party tonight at friend's home. They have the most beautiful house in the world and throw the best parties. Usually 100 people or more and their home accommodates everyone. We see people that we have not seen for a year. I bought a Ann Taylor silky sweater, black boots and silky black pants for the occasion. Blue is my best color and my DH loves me in that color with my blue eyes. Have the other Christmas party tomorrow night and found Jones NY sweater in red and black for that celebration.

I remember the Christmas parties last year. I felt sooooooo uncomfortable in my extra weight (actually for the last 15 yrs). I have an outgoing personality and would visit but would just want to hide when my beautiful friends walked in and looked so sleek and pretty. They are still beautiful but I will not feel like I have to hide this year. One of my friends that had not seen me for a year (the hostess of our party tonight) saw me two weeks ago and just said "We have you back to the way you used to be." That mean a lot to me. So, as you can tell, I am really looking forward to NOT worrying about my looks and just enjoy the holiday parties and events. It makes me feel so peaceful and makes me not want to not be noticed.

Everyone have a good weekend. It's time for me to go get "HOT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see a picture of your outfit tonight! I love Ann Taylor. I will be dangerous there as I get closer to goal. You are the 2nd person that has mention Jones of New York. Where do you buy their things? I know when I used to work at QVC we had a Jones line there but it was a sideshoot of a line and Iliked it though it ran small. Enjoy the party tonight.

Good Morning Gang !!

OMW I have been up since 4 - stupid smoke detectors going off - plus I just didn't sleep well last night... At 4 a.m. I was replacing batteries..

I have been super busy this past week.. I have been on vacation but up every morning 5-5:30... On the go the whole time.. Got most of my Xmas shopping done - bought myself stuff - I bought a blouse at Cahect (sp) it a trendy shop for regular pple - I had never been in the store before just looked in the window as they don't have BBW sizes - Well I ventured in on Thursday - Gotta say that it's still very strange to go into these types of stores - I feel so out of place - I think they are looking at me saying ya right fat chick what are you doing in here - these clothes aren't going to fit you... I know that I am now a normal size - but still have this feeling of being Cinderella - that the clock is going to strike midnight and I am going to be fat again... Anyway - I bought this cute silk blouse - it was a tad expensive but I just had to buy - cuz it fit - cuz it was from a store that I now can shop in - ...

Got the house decorated for Xmas - had Phyl & DH over for dinner last night.. Have a Xmas party tonite - Meet Kathy (boos) tomorrow... Back to work on Monday..

Hi everyone else. Have had such a busy week. My volunteer jobs are more than full time right now. Have a huge day tomorrow with the guards Xmas party and meeting. An all day thing.

Apple - You are too funny - I think it's our age and how our Mother's brought us up - I too never go out without makeup & hair done - I can tell you it's a lot easier now adays to go out - as you know you can throw anything on and feel ok - it's not like when you got dressed before - oh I look fat in this - ya like another outfits was going to disguise 100 extra lbs :0)..

Hope you had a good time at your party last night - I will be seeing pple tonite who haven't seen me since my surgery - (i didn't go to this party last year as my sister was here). I plan on looking HOT myself..

You really do need to post a pic.. :thumbup:

Would love to see a picture of your outfit tonight! I love Ann Taylor. I will be dangerous there as I get closer to goal. You are the 2nd person that has mention Jones of New York. Where do you buy their things? I know when I used to work at QVC we had a Jones line there but it was a sideshoot of a line and Iliked it though it ran small. Enjoy the party tonight.

Lori - Macy's has Jones of NY - and I love Ann Taylor Loft - a little less expensive and more everyday wear.. Yes you are going to be dangerous = It's so much fun to go and pull a 6 or 4 off the rack and it fits...

Ok ladies - you know how all the jeans now a days are low waisted - try the Levi 512 - my hairdresser told me about them and I found them while out shopping - and they fit at the waist not below... I really like them and you can get them on sale for about $34 - and they look good - I got indigo blue and black - my new fav jeans...

Joann - How are you doing??? I haven't been online that much the last couple of days - but you have been on my mind.. Hope all is well and that you are feeling better each day..

Hi to All!

I am home! I had the surgery on Thursday and spent that night in the hospital. Everything went well and doc was pleased. I felt great in the hospital, much better than I'd expected. I have quite a bit of soreness in the muscle that holds the port, but that's about it. I have not had any gas pain yet - I don't even know when that could potentially start, but it has not yet. I was on heavy pain meds Thurs afternoon at the hospital, but switched to the lighter stuff in the evening, one dose before I left for our drive home (1 1/2 hours). Since being home I've had a couple of doses, as the port pain was worse, but easing off on the pain and the meds. I'll have a post-op visit with Dr. B next Friday, but everything looks great so far. SO GLAD to have full liquids today! DH and I can be creative with that plus a good blender - hard to be creative with broth and juice!

From what I am hearing the other December bandsters are doing well, too. Some of them are also on this and the 50's & 60's threads.

Thank you all for your kind messages of support. I sure love my LBTalk friends! You are all GREAT!

Long...you can find Jones NY clothes at Macys, Nordstroms, Herbergers, etc. Most dept stores carry that brand.

Wanna post more but on my way out the door to our guards awards ceremony. Nervous...have to get up and speak in front of at least 500 people. I'll pull it off but that beef Jerky I just ate for lunch is jumping around. After that, it's another xmas party and then off to see a friend of our son's band perform.

Will catch up with you all tomorrow. Happy that you are both doing well JoAnne and Sooverit!!!!!!!!!

Okay.....here's my problem. I was pbing so I got .5cc taken out. I went to a mexican restaurant today and ate shrimp in a spicey sauce. It got stuck.....got it up, but kept sliming. I feel like I have to throw up until I can burp. Would it be better if I drank Water and washed it down? I just need some help. I am so frustrated. One thing is for sure....shrimp is off the menu for me. Any ideas?

Charlene, I've been kindda afraid of shrimp as I heard that happens. Water drinking usually makes it much worse for me. It seems like it should help but I just end up PBing more. Do you have those papaya enzyme tablets I've seen mentioned here? Hope it resolves itself soon. I bet it was probably just the shrimp and not that you were too tight. But if it keeps happening.....

JoAnn, WELCOME HOME! So glad things went well for you. I never did have gas pains in either surgery (band or gall bladder). Can you have s/f popsicles while on full liquids? Those were a lifesaver for me.

I had a PB episode myself today. I ate Breakfast, didn't eat lunch as I was going to a baby shower and thought there was going to be a light lunch served. WRONG!! All they had were mints and cake and I didn't want either. My MIL wanted to stop at a nursury to check out their pointsetias on the way home so by the time I got home it was 4. DH & I went to an early dinner, to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I ate too much too fast, especially those chips. As soon as I swallowed the bite that got me in trouble, I knew I was in trouble as it was way too big of a bite. I think this was the hungriest I've been since banding. Note to self: even when starving, still must go slow and CHEW!!

Long, thanks! I don't think I will eat shrimp. I think some of my trouble is I noticed my thyroid is swollen. That probably aggravates the pbing.....and of course I am sure I ate too fast. It just takes so long to chew shrimp.

Hi to All!

I am home! I had the surgery on Thursday and spent that night in the hospital. Everything went well and doc was pleased. I felt great in the hospital, much better than I'd expected. I have quite a bit of soreness in the muscle that holds the port, but that's about it. I have not had any gas pain yet - I don't even know when that could potentially start, but it has not yet. I was on heavy pain meds Thurs afternoon at the hospital, but switched to the lighter stuff in the evening, one dose before I left for our drive home (1 1/2 hours). Since being home I've had a couple of doses, as the port pain was worse, but easing off on the pain and the meds. I'll have a post-op visit with Dr. B next Friday, but everything looks great so far. SO GLAD to have full liquids today! DH and I can be creative with that plus a good blender - hard to be creative with broth and juice!

From what I am hearing the other December bandsters are doing well, too. Some of them are also on this and the 50's & 60's threads.

Thank you all for your kind messages of support. I sure love my LBTalk friends! You are all GREAT!

Joann - So glad you are doing so well - and happy you don't have the gas - omw that was the worse for me.. Yes your port area is going to hurt the longest - for me about 2 or 3 weeks - not real pain but discomfort... Yes you will learn to be VERY creative with liquids, mushie - Hugs Janet

Okay.....here's my problem. I was pbing so I got .5cc taken out. I went to a mexican restaurant today and ate shrimp in a spicey sauce. It got stuck.....got it up, but kept sliming. I feel like I have to throw up until I can burp. Would it be better if I drank Water and washed it down? I just need some help. I am so frustrated. One thing is for sure....shrimp is off the menu for me. Any ideas?

Charlene - Like Lori says drinking does make it worse - I can eat shrimp - you just have to be super careful - When I had Phyl & DH over the other night for dinner - I made a little shrimp cocktail as I was making it - I had a few - ate too fast and didn't chew - slimed for a bit but it went down...

Charlene, I've been kindda afraid of shrimp as I heard that happens. Water drinking usually makes it much worse for me. It seems like it should help but I just end up PBing more. Do you have those papaya enzyme tablets I've seen mentioned here? Hope it resolves itself soon. I bet it was probably just the shrimp and not that you were too tight. But if it keeps happening.....

JoAnn, WELCOME HOME! So glad things went well for you. I never did have gas pains in either surgery (band or gall bladder). Can you have s/f popsicles while on full liquids? Those were a lifesaver for me.

I had a PB episode myself today. I ate Breakfast, didn't eat lunch as I was going to a baby shower and thought there was going to be a light lunch served. WRONG!! All they had were mints and cake and I didn't want either. My MIL wanted to stop at a nursury to check out their pointsetias on the way home so by the time I got home it was 4. DH & I went to an early dinner, to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I ate too much too fast, especially those chips. As soon as I swallowed the bite that got me in trouble, I knew I was in trouble as it was way too big of a bite. I think this was the hungriest I've been since banding. Note to self: even when starving, still must go slow and CHEW!!

Lori - yep you will swallow and say - oh i shouldn't have done it - or I will take that last bite chew and know if I swallow it I am going to be in trouble - so I just spit it out in my napkin.. I am a yr & half out and still do that at least weekly..

Long, thanks! I don't think I will eat shrimp. I think some of my trouble is I noticed my thyroid is swollen. That probably aggravates the pbing.....and of course I am sure I ate too fast. It just takes so long to chew shrimp.

Charlene - Some steaks are that way for me - last night at my friends xmas party - prime rib - had to eat very slowly and a couple bites went in the napkin.. I am usually very careful when I eat out as I don't want to have a pbing episode in public.. Now at home - that's where I will be get in trouble at ...

I am going to meet Kathy this morning at 11 a.m. I am looking forward to meeting her... It is so great when we get to meet each other - I think it's funny - we warn our kids - oh don't meet pple you meet on the internet - but we do it all the time :sad_smile::lol: - When I was at Phyl's a couple weeks ago - we were joking about it - she was telling her friends who thought it was weird that we met on the internet - that I wasn't a serial killer :tongue::lol:

Thanks, Janet. You and Lori are right about slowing down. Now I have to prove to my husband I can go out to eat with him and not get stuck. This was the second saturday in a row. I will stay away from shrimp and steak in public....or at least until I learn to slow down. I am going out with friends today, but I will stick to Soup. I am so grateful that I can call on all of you and get advice. YOU ARE MY SUPPORT!.Yes, I do go to a weight loss bible study on Monday's, but none of them have bands. I need them too, but they cannot relate to the band issues.

HUGs!!!!

Janet...so funny that you and Phyl were talking about meeting on the internet. My DH and I were having that conversation just the other day. Was telling him that I was discussing going to Vegas with my band friends. He got worked up saying that I didn't even know who I was meeting and better be careful that "those people" are who they say they are. If Phyl and Janet turn out to be serial killers, I will just sit down and have a little talk with them and I am sure they will change their nasty ways!

It is difficult to find a good fit jean, Janet. But, I'm the opposite of you. I love the low rise jeans. I know they were made just for ME. The problem I have is that I need a 34" inseam so usually end up ordering on the internet. I found some great fitting ones online at fashion bug. They had a great sale when I ordered. Got them for a little over $16. Now they are about $30. Anyone looking for jeans should go to their site and take a look. They have a fit for all figure types. I tried them on in their store and then came home and ordered the talls. I also got dress slacks there. They really are cute and good quality. You can get high or low rise. I started with size 10. Thought for sure I wouldn't get any smaller than that...a month later ordered 8's. A month after that ordered my 6's. Each time I ordered black, light blue and indigo blue. Felt bad each time I had to reorder but then I starting thinking about what most jeans cost and let it go. I try not to feel as if I "wasted" money on clothes as I was changing sizes. I was able to pass the clothes along to Salvation Army.

We had great Christmas parties this weekend. We have one each weekend until Christmas and then a big weekend at a hotel for New Years Eve with all our friends from the lake. We reserved 15 rooms. A week or so after that we are heading south. Cannot wait to get out of this snow, cold and wind.

Everyone have a nice peaceful Sunday. I need to finish putting up my Christmas stuff. But, a nap might be good first. 2am two night in a row is too much for this old lady. (And, of course, got talked into a yag bomb with my MUCH younger friends). It made me happy for a really long time!

JoannMarie

I am so happy for you. Congrats on being banded! I was banded on Wednesday. I am officially off painkillers today. I started the full liquids yesterday. It is much better. When the gas pain comes, I try to go for a short walk or move. I peaked on the scale last night and I have already dropped 5 to 8 lbs. I am shocked. I have been trying to drop those lbs since October and within days after surgery, they are gone.

I hope you are healing well. I hope to be back to work tomorrow (MOnday). I was so lucky to have so many people there to help me through the healing process. It's only been 4 days postop and I'm almost back to normal! This whole experience is amazing. I congratulate you and am excited for you on your new journey!

JoannMarie

I am so happy for you. Congrats on being banded! I was banded on Wednesday. I am officially off painkillers today. I started the full liquids yesterday. It is much better. When the gas pain comes, I try to go for a short walk or move. I peaked on the scale last night and I have already dropped 5 to 8 lbs. I am shocked. I have been trying to drop those lbs since October and within days after surgery, they are gone.

I hope you are healing well. I hope to be back to work tomorrow (MOnday). I was so lucky to have so many people there to help me through the healing process. It's only been 4 days postop and I'm almost back to normal! This whole experience is amazing. I congratulate you and am excited for you on your new journey!

Welcome to bandland, Teach. So happy to hear you are feeling so good so soon after surgery. Take care of yourself and don't do too much too soon.