Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loans?

Guest BikiniBeachy

Guest BikiniBeachy

I've been fighting with the insurance company since February. If I even get approved, it will be a year until surgery.

I recently was approved for a Chase Private Loan. This will not need to be paid off until I graduate, and I can go make some real income.

Right now I'm working part-time and can't spare any money to a care credit bill every month.

Did anyone else take out a bank loan to afford surgery? I would love to hear experience.

My insurance didn't pay for it either. I had to go threw a loan that my Dr goes threw and it's called surgeryloans.com

So now I have a bill every month. So maybe you can try them and see if your Dr is on there....

If you don't mind me asking how much do you have to pay a month, how much did you borrow and how much is the interest rate? I thinking about doing the samething.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Because I have little income I used a high interest student loan, without a co-signer I got 10k.

This will leave me with no payments until I graduate in 2010...then they will be huge. 12% APR

I have a few questions regardng the surgeryloans.com website. How easy is it to get approved? I have a credit rating in the high 600's/low 700's depending on the agency. I applied online with them today and was told they will get back to me on Monday. Is this good or bad? (Nervous) Also, can anyone tell me the wait time with Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver, i.e. how long is the wait from getting approved to the actual surgery date? Thanks for taking the time.:thumbup:

Ok for those of you wanting to know about surgeryloans.com here it is..

I got approved right away within 1 hour. but I didn't have quit enough credit so I had to get a co-signer, which My parents did for me, well they got approved within 20 mins..Well after talking to someone on the phone getting all the infomation they needed, then email you all the forms, then you have to get a notity ( sorry for the spelling) to stamp them and then when you get everything done, you fax them over and then within 1 day after they talk to your Dr's assistant, They get the money sent over night to them and I had my surgery date with in a few days. Which First off, sorry I am going backwards, After I got all the paper work, they gave me my surgery date so I knew how long I had to get everything done..Which I only had 3 weeks to do everything. They are pretty fast..

The interest rate is very high, it's 17% on one of them and 19% on another. I only borrowed what my surgery will cost which was 14,100.00 But If you have a credit card or a home loan or something, I would use that, for those of you who think the interset if to high..Well I had a 3 month non-payment..Which I did send them a little bit of money durning those months..But come Auguest, I will have my first payment plan (bill)..My Dr's use them all the time and they told me they are very good and the payments are reasionable..So I will see how reasonable they are talking about..Hehehe...

I hope this helps some people...Good Luck everyone!!

Hey everyone, I got my loan from www.carecredit.com you find out right then if you are approved or not and if you pay off in 18 months no intrest. and if you have to do it long its only 11% Good luck to everyone!!