Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so scared I did the wrong thing. Will this get better? I was so confident throughout the entire process. I would normally freak out at the littlest thing. But this I was totally committed too.

I was banded 4/21. I am sore and sick. I am terrified to eat the wrong thing. I have stuck to the diet 1000%, but I have gained 3 lbs since before the surgery.

Tell me everything will get better, please. I need to here that now. What can I expect in the next couple of weeks.

:) Hello-

It will lots better you will be sore and nervouse I was the same way. Just keep drinking as much liquids as you can, I believe your are probably swollen and may have some Fluid retention but trust me it will come out. Try the Soup at Hand broths, and posicles they will help. I still have some issues but each day gets lots better. Let me know how you are doing !!!!

God Bless You

T.

Gotta be happy~ I want you to know it will get better. Keep drinking all the liquid you can and keep following the rules and you will do great! I am starting my 6th week after being banded and it is getting better.

It is hard when you are hurting and feeling swollen but each day gets easier and you will heal and you will see those scales move and you will eat again!!! You must be patient.... this is what I keep telling myself !!

Please keep us posted on how you are!

I gained 5 lbs in the hospital and was only there overnite and never had a meal or anything to drink while I was in there, all IV's. Are you sore from the gas? Your doctor should have given you something for the pain if you're having pain from the surgery. I didn't need meds when I got home, but everyone's different. I didn't have tummy gas either, but I had pain in my left shoulder. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Rest, small sips, heating pad on your back and shoulders, or on low across your belly, patience, walks around the house or to the mailbox and back if you feel up to it. Catch up on your reading, watch a good movie, relax and don't fret. It isn't like this for long. It won't even be like this next week. It might be similar tomorrow but it will be just a bit better every day. Forget the scales, I know it's hard, but it's not a good indicator of much these first days. If you can get your fluids in, your body wil release it all and you will be able to "Pee" more often and feel oh! so much better. You are swollen and healing. Keep those incisions clean. Sip, and then sip smaller. Then sip some more. I promise it gets better.

yup, every day it gets a little better! As for telling you that you did the right thing, well if it helps, I know I did the right thing, I know my husband did the right thing, and I can't think of a single person on this board who will tell you that they didn't do the right thing for themselves.

The first few days are the hardest, but honestly, everyday, in every way, things get better!

Thanks I really needed that. I slept a little better last night and hurt a little less this morning. I didn't think I would need this forum, but I am sure glad I have it now.

I know this is the right thing for me, I know now that I could never do the other types of surgery.

I was banded 4/21. I am sore and sick. I am terrified to eat the wrong thing. I have stuck to the diet 1000%, but I have gained 3 lbs since before the surgery

Being sore is to be expected... gosh, you just had surgery. And your just 3 days post op!

sick? what exactly do you mean. Are you nauseated? vomiting? fever?

About gaining 3 pounds... have you had a BM yet? During my first week post op, I had a little diarrhea off and on. I think this is why I lost 12 pounds my first week, and nothing again until I had a fill.

Hang in there... yes! It does get better.

But remember, this phase is about healing. After your first fill is when youll start the real weightloss.

Good luck & God bless!

I had a bad reaction to the anesthia. I felt like I had the flu until this morning. I was also on oxygen and have developed a cold.

I do feel much more human today. I still know that this was the right thing. I am just trying to work my way thru the emotions and physical symptoms right now.

Thanks for all the support!! All of you are a terrific help.

Everything will get better, I too was banded on 4/21,and yesterday, if you read my posts, I was freakin out too.

I have alot of gas pain, but no gas.....LOL. Today, I drank some gator ade mixed with Water and had a s/f popsicle....I feel alot better.

Keep drinking fluids, and rest ....do what your body is telling you...

You're gonna be fine....

Hugs

Hi gottabe happy I also was banded on the 21st. I was sick to my stomache for the first day but now have felt fine except for being sore.Each day seems to be better. Good Luck sue

I have one whole month experience ;-) and I am telling you that you will be absolutely fine! My doctor is very strict - i was able to have 3 ounces of Water for the first few days (until my first visit) with a little diluted apple juice and fat free juice pops and I survived! You will too - just give it a little more time. I was getting pretty hungry last week and they told me that I could add 3 ou. salad with lunch and dinner and let me tell you - what a difference that made! I am completely satisfied. Keep you chin up - you can do this !

Eileen

Awww, darlin it will get better. Every day gets a little better and a little easier. You just had surgery and your body is mad at your right now. So let it be mad for awhile. It has to heal and get back to normal. The pains will pass and,... um,... so will the gas. LOL!!

The nausea will disappear as well. Drink some peppermint tea that helps wiht the nausea and it tastes like you are cheating. LOL!!!

HUGS!!!!

Hi Happy,

I'm glad things were a bit better today. The first week is by far the most difficult. I was starving during the liquids stage too. Once I got on thick mushies and solids it got a lot better in that regard. The pain went away within a week or so. My port bugged me for a while longer but nothing more than being annoying. Now I am just a couple of weeks short of my one year bandiversary and am completely happy with my progress. The worst problem now is trying to get everyone else to eat at a snail's pace when we go out to dinner. My mom, stepfather and husband all went with me to applebees this evening for houer duervs. I felt like I was in the middle of a shark frenzy. I feel like I have to try to keep up and that just gets me in trouble. My mom is a bit better than the men, but it does get frustrating. Fortunately that is about my most annoying problem these days. Best wishes to you and hope you have a fast recovery. Teresa