Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I am trying to convince my husband that I need this surgery, prior to now, it has not been covered by my health plan...and now that it is, I need some questions answered and this looks like the best place, SO HI!!! and I am sure that this will be a haven through this process...Danielle

Hi Danielle and welcome to LBT. You are right, there is a wealth of information here. Be sure to check out the FAQ section, you will find a ton of great information there. And, of course, we are available to answer any questions you may have as well.

Have you been to a seminar yet? If not, take the hubby with you. That worked wonders on mine.

I second that! I took Hubby to the seminar with me and he learned a lot.... the hardest thing for him was getting used to seeing me eat so little, but a 13 months has passed and he is used to it and is happy that I'm happy in my size 12's!

If you've been heavy for most or all of your marriage it might freak him out thinking of you thin....... not saying this will happen but it has and the dynamic changes........ you focus less on food and more on EVERYTHING ELSE...... GO TO A SEMINAR OR TWO or FIVE! Read read read this forum and know that the band is merely a tool to help you eat less..... you still need a plan....... most of us have been professional dieters so we know whats out there and what works best for our bodies...... the need for that doesn't change..... even if its simply moderation of all things......

When we attended ......... he heard my doc say that the only thing I COULDN'T (wouldn't be able to eat) is soft doughy bread...... he also heard a person say that preband she would eat 6 tacos from taco bell and now she is full after 1........ that sold him.... because he wanted to know how MY SURGERY WOULD AFFECT HIM...... how it affects ME was really not his concern........ LOL.. I guess thats not true....... but getting it through his head that YES, I AM REALLY FULL after 1 cup of food was going against the "super sized" mentality.... we were in.

i am new to this. i went to see the dr today and he told me my bmi was 40 and that i was a candidate but i have blue cross blue shield federal... so i wouldnt have to wait 6 months of documented supervised weight and stuff that because its federal they just submit and see the dietician so they can prepare me thats one hr the other hr of excercise and thats it just a matter of waiting... but whats making me wonder is a different doctor said i had to do the 6 months any ideas?:sad:

Welcome to the forum! It might be helpful to have your hubby go through the before and after pictures on this forum - that did it for my husband! I agree that including him in the research process and actively asking his opinion will help him feel more comfortable!

I am just so excited that I might not be fat anymore, he is like....exercise and eat right...you will be fine....Oh gosh darn it all I never thoguht of that. MY goodness, he just solved all my problems. I am so sick of being this fat...and having all the skinny girls at work, complaining because their stomachs aren't concave enough. It does make me hate them, but I want to be one of them. I told them I was just as thin as you at your age...and their faces turn white....okay so I am mean...not all fat chicks are nice...lol

I saw a woman at the Avenue (big girl store) and she had dropped seroius weight, and looks great she was the one that told me of this surgery....I cant be this big, it is starting to affect my day to day. I have a spinal injury too...(not because I am fat...I am just a klutz...) and I was taking the elevator at work, Dr's orders...and a woman commented on how I might not be this size if I walked the stairs more...

I just do not think thin hubby gets it...Did anyone else have this problem...he loves me for me, but keeps talking f the diet route...I have....I do not budge more than 10lbs...and then gain 30...on avg...55lbs in two years. scary...hopefully it is enough to convince the Dr's and insurance...I am borderline 40BMI...I lose 10lbs, I am at 39BMI. Hopefully they will take one look at me and say can we book you tomorrow...