Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going for band replacement June 13, anyone else there that day?

Hi Doddie;

I am so happy for you to have finally gotten your Port fixed the way you like it.

It is a struggle that you "don't " need...

I think I am at a proper level of restriction too 7 cc's but I am still battling with making poor choices... I am eating Peanut M & M's a couple of times per week. otherwise I am good at meals.... I just can't seem to get this chocolate demon out of my head.

I am not losing, just holding in the mid 180's.... and I'm 2 1/2 mos. post op (2nd surg)...

Give me a two-by-four upside the head!!!

Peaches: Relax there is nothing wrong with Peanut M&Ms. Just factor them into your daily intake.

I have cheezies every other day but never more than the one serving. It brings my calorie count up, but when I check FitDay for daily intake I still come in average of 1011.

So give yourself a pat on the back and look at the real reasons you are having a bit of a stall.

Are you exercising consistantly? Are you too tight and finding you are eating high calorie easy foods such as mashed potatoes, mashed tuna salada. Are you eating the 3oz of HARD Protein which makes you chew and fills the pouch quicker?

I find when I have the hard protein, I can't eat for three or four hours but when I make Tuna salad I am grazing in minutes.

How I wish I was at 180. Just set your mind to getting to 179 by the end of the month. No more. It seems the 180 is a psycological barrier so you need to focus on only one pound. Hope a few of these ideas will help.

Hi everyone,

I'm home and feeling better every day. I had my surgery last Friday, my band was fine, I had adhesions (fibrous scar tissue that had formed from the original band surgery) that Dr. Yau took down. So my band wasn't replaced, the pain from this surgery was more than the original band surgery though. The adhesions may return because I'm obviously prone to them, but I'd rather deal with that than band replacement. So I got to skip the post op diet (woo hoo!), 2 days of clear fluids then back on regular diet. Toronto stresses me out! I can't handle all the traffic, I almost had a stroke when we were trying to get to our downtown hotel from the airport in rush hour traffic. OH THE SHOPPING THOUGH. I bought bags and shoes...Toronto is a dangerous place for a bag/shoe addict. Anyway, just wanted to check in and let everyone know what happened. I had no idea scar tissue could cause problems like that. I'm so thankful my band is still working properly and I can't wait to start with fills again.

Buffie. I am so happy that you were able to solve your pain problem with removal of scar tissue as opposed to the band. May your recovery be speedy and healthy.