Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Arizona Bandsters !!!!

:banana Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that lives in Arizona to watch news channel 3 Thursady 4-28-05 at 9:00 p.m. Beverly Kidd went to Mexico with me and filmed my story on why? I went to Mexico. Im so excited for this to air I can't wait another week. I have to date lost 16 lbs. I know I still have a long way to go, but by the grace of God I will make it. I will get a taping of the show and my surgery, I want to burn it and send it out to people that have not had the surgery yet, so they can see whats it's all about. If there is anything I can do to help anyone just let me know.

:Bunny Brenda :Bunny

Guest shoshanna

Where did you go in Mexico and who was your doc. I am planning to go myself to Monteray. I am not doing this without trepidation and am curriouse about your experience. What your recommendations may be.

Hello shoshanna,

I too am having my surgery in Monterrey, Mexico with Dr. Rumbaut. My surgery date is schedule for July 12 but I will be leaving on July 10 just to be a day early for my pre op testing. I hope to see you there if so lets say hello and introduce our self to one another. My bestfriend will be coming along with me to keep me company. :)

Where did you go in Mexico and who was your doc. I am planning to go myself to Monteray. I am not doing this without trepidation and am curriouse about your experience. What your recommendations may be.

What a bad person I have been. I have been so busy and not on the computer much to read the post. I am so sorry. I loved my experience with Dr. Rumbaut. I wouldn't change anything he was great and loved his team. Let me knoe how your expirence is when you get back. I promise it won't take me to long to write back.

Hello Brenda,

I just got back this morning from Monterrey, Mexico. I had a wonderful exprience down there. It was truely amazing jouney. The people down there and at the hotel were truely professional and have excellent customer services. I had my surgery on July 12, 2005 and everything went very well. I had my friend accompaning me there. Dr. Rumbaut is truely a wonderful and amazing doctor not only he is a wonderful person. I felt very comfortable meeting and talking with Dr. Rumbaut and his staff. I can't say anything bad about my experience in Monterrey, Mexico. :)

Im so glad to hear that. I love him and his team. I woudn't change a thing. Congrats and Good Luck !!! Talk to you soon. Brenda

Hi! I am in Phoenix, Banded by Dr. Blackstone 9/19/05. Feeling very good. Back to work on Monday. look for my post "newbie" on the food thread for more info on me. Let me know your experiences/input.

Here's to a new and better life!

Hello fellow Arizona Bandster!!!! It's good to see someone else from AZ. Not too many of us here. Where at in Px. do you live? I live up about 15 miles from Show Low. I was Banded in Nov 04 in Flagstaff and am down almost 70lbs now!!!!! :) I LOVE MY BAND!!

It's been a lot of hard work but it is something I would do again in a heart beat if I had to!!! I chose the band over bypass because I didn't feel right cutting my insides and rearanging then. But that is just me, I know that it is fine for some just not me. There are about a hundred reasons but that's #1. I have had 5 fills so far but am in need of another one soon. I had my Surgery on Nov 19 and my first fill on Dec 23. I have a Vanguard 10cc band. Do you know what kind of band you have? I guess I am answering some of your questions from your other thread? Oh well! :) :) :)

Again it is good to talk to another Arizona Bandster!!!!

GO DIAMONDBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks coyotegirl!

I chose banding because of the colitis. I understand my surgeon told my husband that she placed the "small band" what does that mean? I live in the north valley and work out at a local gym regularly. I hope to go back after next week since I still have some soreness at the sites. But I will go slow and work my way back up to my kickboxing classes, 45 min on treadmill & weights routine.

My story in a nutshell: Mildly heavy all my life, heavier as years went by, was over 250 when had first child in 88. Mom, Grandmother and sister all about 380lbs + - my heaviest was 325 - just before surgery I was 307.

Never have eaten a lot but most of diet was carbs and COKE! Miss that drink. Mom died suddenly at age 62 almost 2 years ago and her weight was 350lbs. Seeing how much pain and medical issues she had that were all weight related gave me a wake up call. My sister had a bypass almost 2 yrs ago (she was about 425lbs) and has lost about 190lbs now. Seeing how well she did inspired me to go for the banding. My husband of 20 years is very supportive as are kids, family & friends.

I am looking forward to my new future as a healthy, slim woman. This summer I am planning my lifelong dream trip to the UK, and hopefully will be able to fit in the airplane seat comfortably instead of barley fitting into the seatbelt and having to have hubby raise his armrest to give me room.

Thanks for the support!

Hey everyone!

I'm an AZ bandster & I've been thinking of getting together a little AZ Bandster get-together. Maybe just meet at a restaurant or something. What do you think?!?! I'm not sure exactly where everyone lives, but if we held it somewhere in PHX that would probably be a central location. I'd love to meet you all!!

What do you think?!?!?

I think that would be great for everyone in Arizona to get together and meet. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

I'm new here, but I'd like to meet other bandsters. So let me know where and when & I'll do my best to be there.

Benet