Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there?

Hi! My name is Sharon and I live in Henderson. I am getting banded on the 27th of this month. Mary (Cadet) and I met yesterday at the coffee Bean in the District (215 and Green Valley Parkway). Mary recommended it and it is lovely there. Would you all like to form an informal social support group that meets there once a week (or once a month)? Early Sunday mornings or late Sunday afternoons work for me. Anyone interested?

Hi Sharon, my name is Carol and I also live in Henderson. I was banded the 21st of April, would love to an informal social support group. I am going out of town on the 18th of this month and won't be back until July 3rd. Going back east for my Mothers 80th birthday. I will be checking the thread from their so let me know how it progresses.

Carol62.giff?id=10492

Hi! My name is Sharon and I live in Henderson. I am getting banded on the 27th of this month. Mary (Cadet) and I met yesterday at the coffee Bean in the District (215 and Green Valley Parkway). Mary recommended it and it is lovely there. Would you all like to form an informal social support group that meets there once a week (or once a month)? Early Sunday mornings or late Sunday afternoons work for me. Anyone interested?

Sharon,

By the way, good luck on the 27th, I'll be in New Jersey. Just wanted you to know you'll be in my thought and prayers.

Carol36_22_25.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNfox000

Hi guys...

I am in Vegas and am scheduled to be banded next Thursday, June 5th. Have not seen too much info about a band support group in Las Vegas. Have you?

Glad to hear you are both doing well. I am really looking forward to moving past the surgery!

Hi Mary,

My name is Carol from Hendrson, I was banded 4/21, by Dr. Atkinson in LV, hope your surgery went well. I just stumbled on this thread today and thought I would say hi.

Carol36_22_25.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNfox000

Hello everbody, I was banded on may 9th by Dr.Teng.I live in the northwest part of town and would love to meet up with all of you someday.

GolfGirl and Dandy...

Good to hear from you!! We are all getting together on July 13th at Cafe Babareeba in the Fashion Show Mall on the Strip. It is a Tapas restaurant (small/tiny portions of different things...very good); they also have Soup for those in the earlier stages. We will be meeting about 1:00. Are you interested in joining us? Let me know.

Golf Girl, I was also banded by Dr. Teng...were you at the Support Group meeting on Monday night?

Look forward to hearing back from you both. There is a note about our July 13th plans on the Support Group Forum...under Nevada.

Hi all! I am back on my feet after surgery (still off work but feeling good). Mary (Cadet) worked out the first meeting (thanks Mary!). I'm not sure yet if I can make it but will definitely try. I can probably do Soup by then (I am still on clears). Once it is cooler, we can do the District. Any other ideas for meeting places? Is there a gathering place at the Galleria other than the food court? I don't get out much, so suggestions are welcome.

Howdy, I'm George. I go to group meetings at SWCC twice a month Lap Band w/Brain Grace PA-C 2nd Wednesday & Dr.Soong's 4th Tuesday. Also for $20 I attend Dr. Segura's Weighty Matters Group on 1st Wednesday of month,228-3306. This group includes everybody (bypass). Your going to be 3 times more successfull at weight loss by attending groups. Band 1/15/08, Lost 117 pounds. N.V. Hospital. Am looking forward to meeting all. Hasta Pronto, George:thumbs_up:

Edited by georgebals

I would like to find a good, once-a-week support group. I hope to spend at least 3 nights a week at the gym as soon as I am recovered from banding. Do you have a contact number for the Wednesday night group? Thanks!

George,

tell us more about Dr. Segura's group. Is it $20/seesion or per month? What do you talk about? Is it limited to WLS patients or just anyone wanting to lose weight?

Thanks!

Mary, It's $20 for the"Weighty Matters Group Meeting" 1st Wednesday of each month. e-mail is ksegura637@hotmail.com Address is 9402 W.Lake Mead Blvd. Dr. Segura invited me to a group meeting before my Band. It helped me a lot pre-op, to know where my head has to be. The group meeting at her office is much more intense then the SWCC meetings. Less people. I find I learn much more. We've improved on Dr. Fisher's rules or steps. We go where we can't go at SWCC (time). We have had 3-5 people at group. For me 75% of this is in my head. Am trying to re-program my brain. Hope this helps. Hasta Pronto, George

Thanks, George. It is definitely in my head as well. Agree on the big support groups - not much chance for interchange. I am going to check this out. I need to figure out where it is relative to me and what time it is. Still hoping you will come Saturday! Also, I ordered the book on Lapband and weight loss success that you liked so much!

I hope you meant Sunday. I'll try to be there. The book is the very best, you will enjoy it. My favorite line is "Weight Loss is not Rocket Science" Keeping it simple. Hasta Pronto, George :thumbup: