Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there?

Hi Bux, I was banded on May 12 and doing very well. How goes it for you? Becky

Hi Becky, I was banded 48 hrs ago and fealing better then i thought I would. I gets better every day. This dang gas sucks though!

Hey bux....glad to hear you are doing well....just keep walking away that gas! It really feel great when you can pass that gas! Becky

Hi guys...

I am in Vegas and am scheduled to be banded next Thursday, June 5th. Have not seen too much info about a band support group in Las Vegas. Have you?

Glad to hear you are both doing well. I am really looking forward to moving past the surgery!

HI EVERYONE!!!

I was banded on the 19th of MAY and my recovery has been great!!! Went for my postop and have already lost 17lbs since consultation...wooohooo!!

I live in Henderson and plan on going to the support groups at SWCC. Is anyone going?

FRAN

Fran, what support group is at SWCC (what is SWCC - a community college?).

Thanks!

SWCC is Surgical Wieght Control Center. That is the office of Dr Atkinson and Dr Soong. They have support groups there at the office and I think they are twice a month. I would like to attend at least once a month for support of others who have had the surgery with these doctors. Have a great day!! God Bless!!!

Fran

Hi! My name is Sharon and I live in Henderson. I am getting banded on the 27th of this month. Mary (Cadet) and I met yesterday at the coffee Bean in the District (215 and Green Valley Parkway). Mary recommended it and it is lovely there. Would you all like to form an informal social support group that meets there once a week (or once a month)? Early Sunday mornings or late Sunday afternoons work for me. Anyone interested?

Sharon, thanks for posting this! I think it would be great if we could get a group of Henderson folks together. Most of the formal support groups with the physicians seem to be in the Summerlin area. I am flexible on times, so for those of you that are working, weekends are great too.

Sounds like that would be fun! I get home by 12:30pm and I am off from work on Friday and Saturday. I wanted to go to the support group meeting at my doctor's office. I was trying to find others in Henderson who would want to carpool. All depends on if they had their surgeries with Dr Atkinson or Dr Soong. A social gathering would be super too!! Having others going through the same journey.

Mominlv,

My surgery is this Thursday (the 5th). How about if we try to get a small group together a few weeks later? Cherieinnv has surgery on the 27th...so maybe in between the two. I promise to keep in touch and make this happen. Cherieinnv and I are having surgery with Dr. Teng, but the groups are in Summerlin, so something closer would be nice as well.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am in North Las Vegas. I was banded by Dr. Soong on May 15. I haven't been to any support yet because I have school on the nights they hold group sessions.

I am up for meeting anywhere; I'd love to meet some locals.

Hey there - I live in Logandale and I am having lap band surgery on June 10th:biggrin2: I am very excited and very nervous. I'm happy to see this thread and am glad that everyone seems to be healing and doing well.

23_50_5.gif Wow, I just notice this thread, hope you don't mind me jumping in. I was banded 4/21/08 by Dr. Atkinson and it was the best thing I have ever done. I'm down 18lbs and have more energy. I have not been to any of the SWCC support group meatings, mainly because I hate driving over to the other side of the world. I'm in Henderson and to go over to the Meadows Mall in the evening is just not what I like to do. One of these days I will get over there because I know the support would be a plus. Going out of town till July 2nd so maybe when I get back I will make it my priority.

I also think a social gathering is great, and the District is such a nice place. 36_1_34.gifAnd as far as car pooling to SWCC goups let me know, When I get back from the east coast(visiting my family) I would be more than happy to give it a try.

Carol 15_3_36.gif