Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steph's PS Journey - Breast Reduction/Lift, Medial Thigh Lift and Full Abdominoplasty

I had a thigh lift with the groin incision. Basically the incision starts around mid thigh on the front (in the crease between abdomen and thigh) and goes all the way around the inside of my leg to mid buttock. The giant "smile" shaped pieces of skin were excised from each thigh. The remaining skin was separated from the fat, some of the fat was excised and then the skin was pulled up (like hose) and stitched.

Honestly, it has been the most painful part of my procedures. You cannot escape the pain caused by merely moving your legs. Also, going to the bathroom is really complicted when you have incisions just below your butt cheeks. Ever since the procedure I have carried a small spray bottle of alcohol to spray all public toilet seats (hovering above them is not possible and using paper covers just sticks). I sure don't want an infection just because I have to go pee in the grocery store.

I am still very swollen but can see a big difference already. I guess it boils down to the shape of your legs. I have seen people that look great after the vertical incision TL procedure and those that have bulgy looking knees. I would check with more than one PS because most surgeon's don't like to perform the non-vertical one. It is much more difficult for the surgeon and takes longer to recover and see the results.

I'm sorry you are not feeling better. Here's hoping this run is short lived and that you heal quickly and feel great soon!!!

Stephanie, I think you are very brave and I am happy to hear you seem to be getting better.

What a great idea about cleaning the seat.....there is a bar/grill in my town that has this stuff in the potty stall for you to spray on TP and then wipe the seat to sanitize...instead of the paper....same concept...LOL the first time I saw it I thought it was antibacterial gel for my hands....anyway, more places should have that stuff!

Are all the drains out? I bet sleeping is hard...I'm up right now because my Psoriasis flair up (from LB surgery) is soooo itchy that I am awake....YAWN! I'd love to go to sleep soon....

I hope that each day brings you more comfort....You sound like a busy person so I hope you are back doing everything soon!

Take care, Shelley

All is well here. The swelling gets better every day. The draining is slowing. My thighs are the only thing that hurts except...

I get these shooting pains that feel almost electric. I wonder if those are nerves reconnecting? I don't know but it's over quickly and completely random. Weird.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. :cool:

Stephanie,

I just found your thread today. Thank you so much for all the info. I'm still on the stupid required 6 months of diet classes before I even get my LB surgery....so PS is WAY far away (I'm sure I'll need all the time just to save up the $$) but reading your posts make me excited for what's to come for me. You're so brave. I would have been shaking too, on the way to the surgery center.

I hope I won't need the thigh surgery.....that sounds SO painful. I've had saggy breasts since they fist started growing in 4th grade, sooooo I know (and am SO looking forward to) the breast lift. I know I will also need the Tummy Tuck. I've had way bad stretch marks since I was 17 when I was pregnant with my first one. Does the TT get rid of the stretch marks? I'll also need some skin removed from the back of my arms....they're floppy now and I haven't even been banded yet....... :)

Well, thank you again for sharing. I'm so happy for you and your success!!!:thumbup:

Hi Stephanie-

I just found this thread too and need to say that you totally rock for being so candid and open with your experience!! I hope you are doing well and continuing along the path to recovery. Thanks for the pics too... the one of the skin removed made me gasp so audibly that the person next to me asked if I was OK, lol!

This thread has been so useful for me! I am about 9 mos post op and have lost just under 70 lbs. Geez, I need to update my ticker! I want to lose another 20 lbs. Well, not "lose" because that implies that I miss them and want to find them! I want to get rid of another 20 lbs.

I may want to have a baby in the next year or two so I may wait on the PS but reading your very frank and honest posts has given me a lot to think about! I had met with a PS about a reduction a few years ago (I am a 34/36 band H cup and it STINKS!!) and still want to look into that.

Seriously, you're amazing! :cursing: I hope you will continue to keep us posted.

All best,

BeantownDiva :-)

Steph, just checking on you. I hope its been a good week with everything continuing to improve. Let us know how you're doing.

Thanks for checking, Becky!

Everything is good. The swelling is still really bad. I think that I am a whole size bigger in the evening versus early morning. :unsure:

I guess that's just the way it is, but I hate it.

That seems to be the most common complaint from all of us who've recently had PS. Frangi, is the only one I know of who hasn't had an issue with swelling. If I knew some magic to put an end to it I certainly would. It is getting old.

Glad you're doing well otherwise. Becky

Steph, I have been lurking here for some time and just wanted to pipe in and say "Thanks" for sharing your journey.

I still have a few more pounds to go, but plan to have a TT in the next year. Reading what all of you have shared I feel like I am much better prepared. Thanks again.

Laura

I went to the PS today for a follow-up. He is thrilled with how I am healing. He said - "go, be free, live life!" I said "Can I play golf and bowl?" He said, "I don't know - could you before surgery?" :ihih:

Dr. Duffy then pulled out my before pictures. YIKES!!!! :) It is easy to forget what I looked like only 4 short weeks ago. While I am not satisfied yet, the improvement physically and mentally is hard to quantify or verbalize. Good PS's are miracle workers.

So I am off to work out....YAY! :seeya:

Nothing much to report...

Swelling continues to be a problem (a whole size different in the afternoon versus the morning). :lol:

Pants are falling off and fit funny in the front. :wink2:

Thighs looking better - slowly but surely. :cool2:

Take care everyone.

Hello- I am just starting to look for a surgeon. I still need to loose aboaut 10 lbs (started at 262 now 171). I'd like my thighs lifted, upper arms fixed and a tummey tuck. I live in Wa State but I am willing to go to Mexico or ? as it will be self pay all the way. Suggestions??

is it hard to get insurance to pay for plastic surgery?i have alot yeast rashes/i put lotions from dr on them but dont seem to clear up to well,i wonder after i lose it loose skin will be worse