Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So when do I cut myself a break?

So when do I cut myself a break? I know with weight comes self esteem issues but dang! I have spent most of my life heavy. This means I have spent most of my life avoiding the issue of weight. You know, I didn't want to talk about clothes sizes, diet or what I had for dinner. I never wanted to draw attention to myself.

Here I am 64 lbs down and I don't want to draw attention to that. I didn't even realize it.

My husband and I were at the store when we ran into a member of our church. She was very nice, told me I looked good and WOW she sure could tell I had lost weight. I thanked her and kinda changed the subject, she went back to it asking how much I had lost. I answered and changed the subject, she went back to it, you get the idea.

When we parted ways my DH said " Man you blew her off" I was shocked! " Was I rude"? He told me no that I wasn't rude but I sure did skirt around the whole weight issue, like I was uncomfortable with change. That just about knocked me over. I have so craved change in my life, I have prayed for this. I am so very happy with what I have done so far with this band! So why did I want so bad in the middle of that store to be talking about ANYTHING other then me? Weird huh?

So when do I cut myself a break? I know with weight comes self esteem issues but dang! I have spent most of my life heavy. This means I have spent most of my life avoiding the issue of weight. You know, I didn't want to talk about clothes sizes, diet or what I had for dinner. I never wanted to draw attention to myself.

Here I am 64 lbs down and I don't want to draw attention to that. I didn't even realize it.

My husband and I were at the store when we ran into a member of our church. She was very nice, told me I looked good and WOW she sure could tell I had lost weight. I thanked her and kinda changed the subject, she went back to it asking how much I had lost. I answered and changed the subject, she went back to it, you get the idea.

When we parted ways my DH said " Man you blew her off" I was shocked! " Was I rude"? He told me no that I wasn't rude but I sure did skirt around the whole weight issue, like I was uncomfortable with change. That just about knocked me over. I have so craved change in my life, I have prayed for this. I am so very happy with what I have done so far with this band! So why did I want so bad in the middle of that store to be talking about ANYTHING other then me? Weird huh?

I think its the compliments that for me are uncomfortable. I dont know how to take them i guess ?

I never have really . I have not been over weight all my life but have had self esteem issues though.

But My weight LOSS is something different. I have NO Qualms at all about telling anyone any everyone that

A. I had lap band surgery

B. How much weight I have lost

C. How much more i Have to go

D . How long its taken me

E anything else they want to know about surgery !

You should be VERY PROUD Of how much weight you have lost.

SHOUT IT from the roof tops girl !!

I Think you probably need to get use to attention . As over weight people we have tried SO Hard to draw attention AWAY from ourselves that when it suddenly is coming AT us it takes some getting use to .

But EMBRACE IT !! You deserve it

Love

Mindy :cursing:

Embrace compliments. Many women can't handle compliments...weird but true. Even thin, beautiful women can have a hard time with them.

Saw an entire show on this...Dr. Phil or something.

So, it's not the weight...it's something more deep rooted.

You deserve compliments! You deserve to be validated by others...Validate yourself!

Congrats!