Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Filled and eating WAY too Much..

Maybe they want you to be eating the right foods before they fill you.

Perhaps showing them that you can make the right choices (Protein, veggies, salad) they will consider a fill.

>>>>>>>>Well too bad becasue thats why I paid 12,000$ was becasue I couldnt do it on my own.

I have never even drove a car over 2000$... this was a last ditch effort to save my life.. I am not screwing around. IF I had any control what so ever I wouldnt have got the band.

Getting a fill won't make you eat the healthy foods. You can't lose weight eating cheetos and KFC even with restriction.

>>>>>>>>>Yes I can.. and when I am filled right, I will keep my food journal and it wont be healthy much and I will loose alot of weight. I know I will.

You will stay fuller longer if you eat Protein. Try adding Protein powder to your milk if you have to drink it.

>>>>Milk has tons of protein.. I comsume like 100 grams of protein a day!

Atleast it will boost up the protein. From what I see, you are not eating a lot, just not the right foods.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Well I usually eat more than that.

Like today I have already ate (its 3:40pm)

2 cups chilli (homemade)

2 ounces garlic bread

24 ounces chocolate milk

12 ounces sugar free grape kool aid (I DO TRY)

3 bites of a filled glazy donut

With the proper food choices you could be eating more, more often and still be losing weight.

>>>>>>>I really do not care about more food.. I care about eating the junk I want to eat.

Try to plan a menu and add eggs, meats and Protein shakes to replace the milk. I'll bet you would feel pretty full then. Don't give up.

>>>>>>>>>I have tried every diet, every tip and everything known to man..

I want to eat what I want to eat.. I cannot control that.. I have tried to control that for 20 yrs and I have not and so I think I cannot.

Thats why I got the band.

Thanks for you thoughtfullmess... I appreciate it alot.

it makes me think more.

Nykee, I really do sympathize with your difficulties, believe me. Just want to submit that no amount of fill is going to "cure" you of a junk-food habit. What will help are the things that you can start doing right now.

Remind your brain that YOU are in charge. And you ARE!! For each day, you are in charge of what goes into your mouth. And if you concentrate on adding Protein to your diet and drinking calorie-free liquids, then whatever else you do the pounds will begin to come off.

And when you get to a good level of restriction...hoo-boy, watch out! You'll fall in love with your band all over again. ;)

Nykee, I really do sympathize with your difficulties, believe me. Just want to submit that no amount of fill is going to "cure" you of a junk-food habit. What will help are the things that you can start doing right now.

>>>>>>>>>> I know that it wont cure me but its not even helping me a this point. I need restriction before I can even tell what I am gonna do to help myself as far as having this band goes and working with it.

I have done all kinds of things.. its not like I am doing nothing.

Every day I make an effort. I just went TWO whole weeks without going to any fast food what so ever.. (then I had to travel for a few days.. and I have started it again) Plus I bought a lot of sugar free coolaid and Crystal light and much more low carb foods to stock the cuppords.. Plus got a bunch of slender soy milk.. and so on.. I DO TRY.. DAILY. I want you to know that.

Remind your brain that YOU are in charge. And you ARE!! For each day, you are in charge of what goes into your mouth. And if you concentrate on adding Protein to your diet and drinking calorie-free liquids, then whatever else you do the pounds will begin to come off.

>>>>>>>>I am thinking that as soon as I actually feel my band working with me I will make WAY more effort than I am now. The low carb drinking will be my most important change.

And when you get to a good level of restriction...hoo-boy, watch out! You'll fall in love with your band all over again.

>>>>>>>>>>YES! Thats what I want so bad.. I havnt had the chance to fall in ove with it yet.. well for like a week and a half when I first got it is all.. lol

Quote:

>>>>>>>I really do not care about more food.. I care about eating the junk I want to eat.

I'm curious what you mean by this?

>>>>>>>>>>I mean, that I dont care about quantity.... I never have.

The thing I havent control of is not quantity of food, its the junk I eat.. like fast food and crunchy foods and sugar laden drinks.

Well, as pretty much everyone else said, not a good idea to test a fill out immediately like that. Also, the band will never make our food choices for us, and, don't get mad, but the stuff you had at the Denny's really weren't good choices for a bandster. Remember: Protein first, then produce, then, if there's room, something starchier or a small treat.

Were you drinking the milk with your meal? Or before it? Also keep in mind to try to think of milk as a food, not a beverage. beverages should be noncaloric (or very low calorie, like crystal light).

If you're not sure how you should be eating, I would recommend Jessie Ahroni's book on the lap-band (search her name on Amazon to find it). But unfortunately, fries and ice cream, buscuits & gravy and onion rings are not good choices for people serious about losing weight...And yea, I know...moderation in everything is what we're looking for, but you didn't have a moderate amount of junk there...you had mostly junk... Try to start each meal with a good Protein source :(

Nancy

394/275/180