Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing?

I have not been the happiest banded person, so I have not logged on since my banding on May 9th. I am trying to catch up on everyone and I don't see many messages. So Whuts up?

I felt I had a really hard time post =op and I have been sad getting over that I can't eat whatever anymore. I have been eating good and I have ordered some Protein test tube things that are great for when I feel weak. I am not that positive right now, I know it will get better and I am losing weight. My incisions are healing well, I am considering using Mederma, they are not that bad but if it helps minimize the scar I will give it a try. I got bored very quickly on liquids and even mushy. I have tried different things but I am still being good. I got curious one night of what happens if you eat something your not suppose to, so I tried some Chunks of chicken and it was pretty scary. My chest hurt, my mouth was watering and I got nausea. Don't want to do that again. It has been hard controlling my diet, I have had pringles and crackers but I mostly eat fish and refried Beans stuff thats ok ,with a few not oks. I am worried because I am already cheating. Then I look at the big picture and realize a pringle here or there doesn't compare to my old eating habits of fast food and that if I can keep this up I will continue to lose. I don't eat like most people. I go through different cravings. Some days nothing sounds good. I really didn't understand that I would be saying goodbye to many of my favorite foods. I don't think I will ever get over the no bread thing. Pasta rice AAAAARRRRRHHHHHHH I have a good friend who has been banded over a year and she says its going to be alright, that I will get to eat more after I go for my first fill. Its a different lifestyle. It is amazing that since my band the picking up restraunt food has slowed drastically. Since I can't have it I'm not buying it for my family, so thats great that we are all eating at home now. I hope I'm not being too much of a downer, I just felt I needed to post something and I wanted to be honest. I hope everyone is doing great. I would love to hear from Painting? banded at Park Plaza with me on the 9th. I dont know how to get my ticker on here. I am 207 right now was 217 on my surgery day, down 10 lbs 12 days post op.:confused_smile:

Hi there,

I can assure you that what you are experiencing is exactly what most bandsters go through after banding!

I remember feeling depressed about what "I couldn't ever have again" and grieving that loss. It passed! Believe me, (you have made a life-altering (for the good) decision,) you're going to feel a bit out of sorts, that is normal.

I lost about 15-20 lbs before my 1st fill at 6 weeks, now about 4 months out, I'm down about 43!!!!!!! What amazes me is how I am not craving the foods and amounts of foods I used to eat. I can now eat some of the "bad" stuff (like a person should) without gorging myself, and I don't feel like crap anymore physically or mentally)! I have CONTROL!!!

You will get through this! You are not alone!

Once you are healed (inside and out), and get your first fill, you will be encouraged to eat "chunky" type foods (well chewed of course), so that you can fill your little pouch and feel satisfied. This restricive diet will not last forever!

All the best!

Mica

Thanks for the encouragement. I am on target to hopefully be down 15-20 before my first fill, which is the 10th of June. I get so frustated right now because I can be so good all day then do something stupid like eat a Reeces Cup or some icecream. I just know if I could stop making those bad choices I would lose faster. I would love to make my first Dr Visit down 20 lbs.

:sad_smile:I understand I am going through the same thing....Its great to be able to have a fourm like this to keep me grounded and remind me of why I got banded in the first place...this process for me has been alot more mental than physical

I'm doing great since being banded. I'm still on full liqs for another week. My old taste-buds are beginning to pop up but I'm so set on doing what I've been instructed to do, that I can get a control on it really quick. I've lost 18lbs since surgery. I'm scheduled for 1st fill on July 1st. But I'm praying I won't need it. I so want to train my stomach to the way it should have been since I was a baby!-LOL!!

I'm not trying to sugar-coat myself here. I realize we are all diff and our needs are diff. I am proud of myself for what I've accomplished so far...but I'm also proud of every person who takes stride in getting banded...and to make it work!! May we all continue to succeed!!

Wow 18lbs thats wonderful! Way to go! I know I could be losing more if I could get control. I don't have that feeling of fullness yet, so I am excited to get my first fill June 10th . What are you eating? Are you already having the fullness feeling after a little food? I am just policeing myself, I am not trying any bread rice or Pasta. I am hungry though just as much as pre-op,but the fear is keeping me in-line. For me cokes fast food & bread were my big pitfalls, so cutting them out is making a difference. I had an awesome dinner tonight at a mexican restraunt of Tilapia cooked squash and zuccini and an avacado. I felt like I was eating real food. It also came with broccoli and bean Soup which I saved for tomarow. Keep up the good work, whatever you are doing is working great. You Go Girl!

Txs Browning...and sound slike you are really enjoying this new way of eating as well. That mexy dish sounds YUMMY!! For right now, I'm on puddings, yogurts, Soups, thinned creamed of wheat, oatmeal, FF milk. I do a few store boughts, but most of my food is the Bariatrix brand so I can get my Protein in. Plus I have 16oz of FF milk each day..that counts for 16gms. Now that I've worked back up to 60 per day, I'm starting to see more weight come off. I begin soft foods thursday which includes casseroles so I'm making a tunafish one and a cx and rice mexy one. Again I have to have at least 60gms protein so that should help. And I can't wait to have my scrambled egg thursday morning! I just hope I can tolerate it. I so love eggs.< /p>

I was banded 5-23....I started with 3cc's in my band which I don't know if that's common or not but I think I'm still swollen inside b/c I have no appetite...or I can't feel it. I have to force myself to sip Water and gatorade (and nasty pain meds) which go down pretty easy. I had bad nausea Fri and Sat night but luckily that is over...at least for now. I try to sip Protein Shakes but they taste bad now and since I can't gulp it makes it more uneasy. And I don't know if I am still gassy or what but after a few sips I feel "full" I think and then I don't drink anymore. Is anyone else feeling like this 4-5 days later?