Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible Tight Fill

I posted on Monday about a PB episode I had on Sunday after getting a fill on Saturday 04/16, after that I went back on liquids, Monday and Tuesday I had Soup almost all day and yesterday evening I was able to eat about 5-6 spoons of food (some spagetti) I know it isnt band food but I had just a little bite because that was all I could eat. Well today I tried to have toast and oatmeal in the morning and all I was able to eat was 2 bites of toast and 3 spoons of oatmeal and I felt so full like it I was about to throw up (very uncomfortable) but no PB, before lunch (30 minutes before) I drank a tea so the warmth could help relax my stomache and at lunch time I had a Healthy Choice meal that had meat loaf, mashed potatoes and green Beans, I had about 5 spoons full and guess what I was in the bathroom 5 times each time coughing up what I just ate, that lasted about 30 minutes, so now I just drank a slim fast and I feel fine.

Am I to tight or should I stick to mostly liquids (tea, de-cafe coffee, water) I mean I have no problem drinking and when I eat sometimes it will stay and sometimes it wont!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I see two things that could have caused your problems, bread and potatoes. (and possibly pasta) Some bandsters can eat those, but the majority can't. I would try to eliminate those and see what happens. You might be too tight, but I would see what happens if you eat protien, and a veggie.

Also when you pb, you need to go on liquids for at least 24 hours or you will keep having problems!

Good luck!

I agree with Betty. I cannot eat bread or Pasta and only some potatoes. It seems like good restriction to me. But it's whatever you are comfortable with. Oatmeal has a way of swelling up and filling me up really fast too. Also, it's rare that (when I have what I consider good restriction) I can eat much at all before about 10 in the morning.

I would try Protein first, chewing very, very well.

I have seen in different boards where alot of people who have a band have problems eating in the morning but they are okay in the evenings.

When I ate the spagetti I was fine but it seems to be when I eat about noon or so that I have problems. This is my second fill, with my first one I didnt have any of these problems. I am also afraid of not lossing because I am not eating enough calories!!

I can't eat potatoes of any kind. When I read you were having a Healthy Choice meal, I thought oh that sounds good. Since my fill on the 6th, anything over a couple of bites and here it comes. Very annoying I might add.

I can eat mashed potates with no problem. I just can't eat till the evenings!!

This morning when I was having my Slim Fast I can hear the girggle when it goes down and I am constantly burping , does anyone else have that problem??

Hi All,

I have come to the conclusion that my band is possessed. REALLY! It does want it wants, when it wants. Quite often I have trouble at dinner, any and everything sticks right away, and here we go the big PB. Other times I can eat everything, and alot, NO PROBLEM. Go figure...

Staci

Orlando FL

Banded in Mexico 12/14/04

"Dream as if you'll live forever,and live as if you'll die today"

Well I honestly think that My band is also possessed. And quite frankly I am its really starting to annoy me.. I love that I've lost 30 lbs, but it seems that I should be losing more since I can hardly eat anything. I've been watching what I eat really good and quite frankly it too little, for example the other day we had chicken wings for dinner, well I ate one and was fine, started on a second and nope had plenty, now is 1 1/2 chicken wings enough, because if I try to eat anything else then that comes back. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have gotten my band, I hate the not knowing and hate myself for not having the discipline to have done it on my own, but then I think I did do it on my own many times, but each time the weight returned and hopefull this time it won't, all I hope is that I can someday figure this band out and can work with it better, I think I'm not losing at this point because I'm not taking enough in.

Oh well, this is life.

Estela,

How filled is your band now?? I am also afraid of not lossing because I eat so little but I am starting to drink some Slim Fast in the morning and at lunch today I had something small but for break at 2:00 I will have a Jello. Its been really hard this week because its my second fill and I am just getting to figure it out but I think in the long run it will be worth it!

I have 2cc's in, My first fill was 1 cc, had no restriction, went back added .2 ccs had no restriction, went back a third time and had tons of restriction from day one. He took me to 2 cc's and quite frankly it was too much, I have had a lot of restriction for the last month and its getting to me, I often feel weak from not eating enough, I guess i should start doing shakes or something, but I'm just really frustrated. When I go out to eat, I talk alot and mess with my food so that who ever I'm with doesn't notice that I hardly ate anything. I dream of being able to eat a hamburger with the bun, but I can't, I can't even eat a couple of bites of it, it comes back, I know that its not good for me, but its not like I would eat it everyday, I just want to satisfy my craving for a hamburger and its impossible, I started walking this morning and maybe just maybe I can start to see some weightloss again. I want to be at 145 by the end of June when I get my tt and Lipo. Well sorry about going on and on, I just get really cranky when I'm hungry and tired. Talk to you later.

If I were you I'd give yourself a couple of more days and then if you're still too tight then go get a slight unfill, because that's probably what I'm going, except I called the doctors office and they are relocating to another office, so they are not seeing patients to the first week in May, so I have to call back then. Oh well, meanwhile, I'll just suffer with this darn tight band.

Thats how it is. new fill new diet. I was very concerned with my last fill. I was very restricted but when I thought about it I was finally eating like I was suppose to with the band finally!. The situation eased over three weeks and now I am perfect so I say give it time and be very careful learning your new diet. Say goodbye again to some more lbs too!!!

Toast- no way.

Pasta - rarely

Oatmeal - most of the time - smooth

potatoes - mashed with gravy only.

eggs - sometimes.

coffee&tea before eating-most of the time and a good idea for me!

Meal Replacement shakes for Breakfast with Vitamin supplements inside. - always.

It's been 23 days since my last fill and I'm still miserable. I'd rather lose slowly than pb everything I try to eat. I had gained 12 of muscle my 3rd month, it's probably all gone now. I hate to give in, but I plan on calling my doctor and get an itsy bitsy tiny bit taken out. I know he's going to be frustrated with me because I've had more unfills than fills. I was up to 2 in a 4cc band, now I'm barely 1.75. What's a bandster to do.

I was ready to go for an unfill this weekend but I did what I had mentioned before. I went on liquids for a few days and realized that I was geting full with 4-5 spoons of food and when I keeped on eating even one more it would make me pb because I was way to full but didnt realize it. I did find this weekend and even lost some weight!!