Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 1 Week Ago Today

Hello Everyone-

I just found this site yesterday, and it so fun and informative. Still trying to learn how to navigate it. I went for my follow up Dr. Visit today lost 10-lbs.

That was shocking, but I am still on the liquid stage or should I say THE HARDEST PART STAGE (for me). They said I can start having creamier substances (soup) just looking for something different. Any, suggestions??

I am still pretty sore around my port, and still pretty gassy not sure how to relief that besides walking around and Gas-X it can really be painful. Need all the help and suggestions that you can give me.

Thanks So Much for your time

God Bless You All

Teresa

HI!!

I was banded almost a week ago too! I love this site.. everybody is very helpful, especially when you are down.... plus they give great advice and its easier for me to see others succeed ahead of me.

i have to look into the gas x. i am not too gassy but my port is swollen pretty bad... my staples are popping out too!! and i found a new incision.. i had previously thought it was a scratch cuz it was low and small and didnt have a staple. looked like a scratch and i thought they were fumbling in the OR...but it is bruising exactly like the other 5 spots... weird huh?

anyway.. welcome!!! the liquid phase is sucking.. i launched into the mushies on day 2 and into solids today.. but i was hand smacked by others here and i am firmly back into Soups only. see.. this site is great for that!

im pumped for you that you lost 10 pounds! you are on your way girl!!

Welcome Teresa! Yeah, the first few weeks were not much fun, but by the second week you will be enjoying a whole new world of soups!

I didn't really have a difficult time with gas, so I'm not much help. Many folks have found great releav with a heating pad, not sure why, but I didn't have much troubles!

Hope you have a speedy recovery! (you too DallasDoll!)

Hi DallasDoll

Yea, I find when reading other bandsters replys that it helps me when I want something solid sooo baaaad, Congrats on lbs. lost. That is pretty strange about your stables popping out, have you gone back to doc yet for your post-op? Keep up the good work

T.

Thanks so much for the Welcome and the help, i have found new Soups but boy are they getting tiresome, trying to stay strong. Take care

Congrads to all - this is my first posting and I'm really excited about the band procedure. I'm awaiting approval and my first round of pre-op tests. I know that I'm an excellent candidate as I have a BMI of 51 and my current weight is 326/height 5'6. Diabetes and high blood pressure runs in my family and I've been steadily gaining weight without control over the past 5 years. Now at the age of 40 I can't seem to control it no matter what I do. I've tried every diet known to man and exercise but I can only drop 3-5 pounds after 6 months of trying. My metabolism has all but left the building it seems. I also suffer from PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrom) which has lead to me being Insulin resistant, this triggers my metabolim to all but shut down and store everything I consume. The only way to reverse this process is through weight loss and exercise - but the moment I restrict my calories my system shuts down and insulin levels spike.

I'm currently taking Metformin to counter act the effects of the insulin resistence, but nothing is helping the weight issue. I've been hearing a lot about the band method and I think it just might be the answer.

Could anyone share info on pre-op preparation, i.e. diet & exercise instructions, as well as post op?

I am also interested in how your sex life is impacted post-op, could someone share that info as well?

I've really enjoyed all that I've read so far and I'm hoping you all will be just as helpful to me as I start this life altering journey.

Thanks,

Lynn