Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone weigh their food

Does anyone weigh the food so you know correct portion sizes, what foods do you weigh, and how much of the food do you have size wise grams /onces etc. Do you find doing this to be helpful?? How long did you weigh your foods for? or are you still weighin them. A you keeping a calorie food diary, and excercise diary to??

I do keep a food journal - keeps me honest & I also provide it to my personal trainer for him to review; see what I'm eating -make recommendations. As the workouts increase in intensity, I've upped the calories & carbs - Seem to be working so far.

I have a digital scale that I use about half the time. I used it religiously in the beginning, however I've been able to gauge the size/qty of my food by sight. I pull it out to "check" myself on more dense food, same w/my measure cups - which are more like my serving spoons nowadays.

I don't keep an execise journal, I do workout @ 5days a wk - 2 with a trainer. I don't care for the "bodybugg" but my trainer will put one on me about once a month to get a grasp of how many calories I'm burning - which averages close to 800 calories a session. My "guess" is that on an average workout I am burning 600 calories or more. I don't feel the need to get specifics on calories burned each given day - just being active much more these days is enough for me.

I weigh my food everyday. I have a small digital scale that sits in my breadbox and weighs tare. I can put my bowl on it, hit tare and it just weighs whatever I put in the bowl. I then enter the food into my online food journal at sparkpeople. com.

I simply observe what I eat. Once in a while I have a high calorie day, which for me now is maybe 1800 calories. lol

It does help to spot habits, tendencies and just plain gluttony creeping in again.

I think will start weighin for a while, and keep excercise and food diary so to keep myself on track. What is the body bugg that everyone talks about -- I am in Australia.

I think will start weighin for a while, and keep excercise and food diary so to keep myself on track. What is the body bugg that everyone talks about -- I am in Australia.

slimmy - here is the website:

BODYBUGG :: HOW IT WORKS

it's actually a great tool - i just can't ever get use to wearing it full time on that part of my arm.

I use a food diary most days and use plastic measuring cups occasionally, although I am getting much better now at estimating by eye and don't need them as much. My best "measurement" tool is my plate - I use a sandwich plate for dinner and have a rule that I can't put anything on top of anything else (ie no piling it up) but whatever goes comfortably on the plate, I can have without guilt.