Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biscuit Restriction or the story of my skinny roommate

My roommate and Best friend whom I have known for twenty years is 120 lbs, Atleast Twenty of the pounds she has gained in the year and a half she has lived with me. We both are a little quirky and she says that people get married and get bigger because she is comfortable, she was with her last boyfriend for seven years but didn't get comfortable apparently until she moved in with me. She's my hetero lifemate.

She tells people she is 5'0. Shes not, she is 4'11, but I will give her an inch if it makes her feel better.

When she was younger her mother used to tell her how she was "98 lbs when I got married, not 99, not 100, 98"

She, my BFF, LOVES biscuits, and Cookies, and bread. And the skinny thing can eat too. We laughed about it all the time, because people would see her, then how much was on her plate and freak out. Her mother would follow her around and tell her it was gonna catch up to her. Her mom made these bomb ass biscuits, which my BFF LOVED. If she could she would have eaten 100 biscuits a day, but her mother would put her on Biscuit Restriction. She could only have two biscuits at Breakfast unless she ate a peice of sausage and then she could have three (My BFF was a self proclaimed vegetarian at the time which drove her mother crazy) She would also put her on other restrictions and talk about the way her tummy poked out after she ate and how she needed to be careful. So if my BFF snuck another biscuit she would go to her room and exercise and exercise, then get up and go to the scale and go exercise some more. Then she started to do it everytime she ate because her mom would make fun of fat people. And talk about "fatties". At the time she was probabley close to 85 lbs at 16/17 years old.

She had no boobs, and she wanted them so bad, but she didn't have the fat to make them. People thought she was a little kid. Finally she threw away the scale. Talked about her compulsive exercising, told her mom to stop making it so obvious that "she didn't want a fattie", and always ate a third biscuit whether she ate the sausage or not.

Now we work out togethor, but she stays off the scale except once a month, and if she has the extra biscuit then we just laugh togethor. She doesn't own a scale and I threw mine away so the only time we can weigh is at the gym. I'm so proud of her.

So being skinny, doesn't solve all your problems, which is something that I will have to work on remembering. You can still feel fat, or you can still hate your body, or you can still be a little bit insane like my dear BFF.

Oh and since her weight gain she grew some boobs. They are a pretty solid A. Doesn't sound like much, but she's tiny.

Life is good for both of us I guess. I'm losing the Big C cup and shes getting closer to her goal of a B cup and we are both happy about that. Go figure.

I'm not a Feb bandster but loved your post.

One thing I've learned in my 38 years is if you want to achieve something...find someone else who did, too...and copy what they did. Most times it will work. And then of course if it doesn't ....copy someone else.

This applies in school work, business, home repair, etc. It also goes for weight. Funny thing, skinny people don't diet. And they eat frequently. If they want a snack...they have it. If they don't...they won't.

I have found that to be true for me. I now eat like your skinny friend. I love biscuits, Cookies, and bread. But don't eat Cookies often, but will have them if I want them. (avoid oreos! they pack on the weight).

Thanks again for your story....you two are truly blessed to have a friendship like that.

What a great story. You had me a "biscuit restriction". I was dying. I have skinny friends (often referred to as skinny bitches) and it KILLS me how much they eat. I probably used to eat 1/2 of what one friend eats to this day and I swear she has never been over 130 lbs in her LIFE including pregnancy. WTH? Now how does that happen?