Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

QUICK, EASY & HEALTHY Meals!

Anyone have some good ideas on quick and easy meals??? I need new ideas!

A regular for my family is tacos....

hard or soft tortillias shells - heated in micro

seasoned ground meat

chedder cheese

chopped lettuce

chopped green onions

chopped tomatoes

sour cream

This is one of the quickest and easiest meals... and still healthy!

Turkey Meatballs

1lb of ground turkey

2 cloves of garlic, chopped

1 tsp of salt

1/2 tps pepper

1 egg

1/4cup of italian style bread crumbs

1/4 cup of grated romano cheese

mix all these things together and form them in to meat balls

carefully start dropping them in to your favorite Tomato sauce

let them cook and serve them on there own or with Pasta

with only 1 egg in the meat mixture, it makes these meatballs very soft, and very soft = very band friendly....

i hope you all enjoy

iamcanadian

chicken breast or pork steaks cut up into strips

Low fat or fat free sour cream (small tub)

snack dip seasoning (I use Watkins Tomato & Basil)

Tortilla Shells

Place chicken/pork in tortilla wraps. In the mean time, mix the snack dip seasoning in with the sour cream, then place as much to taste as you'd like on the chicken/pork. Wrap up in tortilla and enjoy!!!

I made a very quick chicken curry last night. Here is what I did:

Sauted onions and garlic in a small amount of olive oil.

Cut seasoned chicken breast (seasoned with garlic, grill seasoning and pepper) into bite size chunks

Removed onions and garlic from skillet and added a bit more olive oil to brown the chicken. Once chicken was brown on all sides I added the onions and garlic back and sprinkled curry powder over the entire mixure. I added enough Water to cover the chicken and stired everything to combine the curry powder. I brought the mixture up to a simmer and covered it for 15 minutes.

I then added a couple of new potatoes slices into bite size pieces. I let this simmer until the potatoes were almost done, then I added some leftover cooked veggies (peas and corn is what I had) and added a bit more Water to make a little more gravy.

The whole process took less than an hour and I ate it like a stew. Just be careful not to overcook the chicken as you know -- breast can get tough... but this is also a great recipe for the skinless, boneless chicken thigh.

This is a great idea to share quick meals... I am always looking for new ideas.

Thanks!

Turkey meatballs.... tortilla wraps... chicken curry... Im getting hungry!!!!

Here's another chicken thing:

Catalina chicken

boneless, skinless chicken breast/tenders

catalina dressing with reg. seasonings mixed in (Mike even adds tobasco to the sauce)

baste the chicken in the dressing and allow small time for marinating

place on grill and cook till done! YUM YUM!

This is a good one to make leftovers with. I usually prepare mac/cheese and a salad with this.

Natural Herbed Tuna

2 cans chunk light tuna

fresh chopped parsley

fresh chopped chives

mayo

bread or crackers

Chop fresh parsley and chives in a Magic Bullet/mini chopper to desired consistency. Then add to tuna as well as mayo.

Place on your choice of bread or crackers. Very quick and easy!

Lean stew

Pick a lean cut of beef, cube it cook it in Tomato sauce add greenbeens, corn, potatos, fine cute yellow onion, mushrooms, lots of garlic, bayleaf, seasons such as thime, basil, i like those caper thingies, add lots and lots of veggies carrots whatever goes!! cook it in a crockpot even before u leave for work or cook it on the stove in just 3 hours. the prep only takes like 15 min. It cooks itself and add some wine and a little Water to the tomato sace. I use the italian season Contadina kind and sometimes if it is too thin at the end i add half can of the tomato past. OMG now im hungry mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Country style ribs with sauce

Spray cookie sheet/pizza sheet with Pam spray or smear a bit of olive oil on it. Then place ribs on sheet and coat with your favorite barbecue sauce. Bake and enjoy!

If your faimly likes taco seasoning try this:

1 -1 1/2 lbs cooked taco seasoned meat ground beef or turkey (you can also shred leftover chicken and season with taco seasoning)

1 can diced tomatos undrained

1 can or 1/2 bag frozen corn

1 can or 1/2 bag frozen green Beans

1 can chili or kidney Beans

1 can beef broth (can use Tomato juice too)

Add all ingredients to a stock pot and simmer until all veggies are hot. Serve with cheese and low fat sour cream on top. I also make flour tortillas slightly crisp in the oven or on a medium flame on the stove top and have these on the table.

another easy one...

shaved roast beef from the deli 1 -1 1/2 lbs with (with broth if available)

2 packets of brown gravy mix (calls for 1 cup water)

mashed potatos

Take the brown gravy mix and make it with 3 3 1/2 cups of liquid (combo of broth and water)

Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.

Add the shaved roast beef (I get the low fat kind)

Serve with/over mashed potatos

I usually have garlic bread with this, you can also have egg noodles in place of the potatos.

bandit - this stew sounds yummy. I love the 'fix it & forget it' meals.

Kelly - country style ribs??? this receipe is too easy. Im definately adding it in my receipe book!***Im editing to ask what temp to set the oven on and how long do they cook for***

Mandy - Im so very serious, the taco one is making my mouth Water. I have to try this one!

have these on the table
.... are you talking about the cheese & sour cream?

I learned in OA that if you do individual dishes and not put the remainder on the table that the whole family is less likely to overeat as they dont usuallly go for 2nds. I put the Soup in a bowl sprinkle on some cheese and then add a spoonful of sour cream on top. I have a basket of tortillias on the table. I am not a big bread person so I don't have any but my 3 year old is a carb junkie so she eats my share. She also only eats the corn and tomatos from the soup, no green Beans for her. (she will eat green beans with lemon juice on them if they are a stand alone side dish)

Paula - We cooked ours on 400 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes. I'd just check them to see how they look so that they don't get overcooked.