Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional eating.. need advice....

In the past whenever I lost even the smallest amount of weight, whether it was 5 or 10 lbs. I always had the mentality that I could reward myself because I lost weight and could have treats, or eat whatever I wanted. I know it sounds stupid, but instead of rewarding myself with "things" I rewarded myself with food.< /p>

And now that I'm banded, it's no different..... I am still rewarding myself. I'll get on the scale and if I've lost a lb. or 2 lbs. I find myself "picking" at food, or eating things I shouldn't. (like the chips, crackers and Cookies that NEVER get stuck). I know I could be MUCH farther ahead in my weight loss if I was actually sticking to a true bandster diet. I didn't pay $10,000.00 for nothing.

What does everyone else do? I am seriously considering getting some counseling for this.

I know that what I see as a reward is truly a punishment. I'm sabotaging my own success!

Help! I need advice!

I was wondering about that myself...I am a picker..I am not yet banded but I am trying not to graze. some days are better than others. My question to you seasoned bandsters is "Does the quick picker uppers like Cookies, cheeze-its, snacking stuff present a problem going down?"

Robyn

I don't understand what the heck is going on with me. I never drank Pepsi before the band, but sometime last month I got in the habit of sipping on one in the afternoon as a treat. Now I'm hooked. I guess just shoot me.

I know what you mean Lisa. I've gotten into the habit of having a cup of the low carb cappichino (sp?) every night before I go to bed. That stuff has 70 calories in 2 tablespoons! Sheesh!

hopeful,

With my band the crackers and other snacky foods like that go down with absolutely NO problem whatsoever..... but the meat.. the stuff I should be eating first, sticks in my throat so bad that I've gotten to the point that I'm afraid to even try anything.

if you finding your self having to eat.Eat healthy food, fruit is the answer stop the Junk food. I' know it's hard but you can will this battle.

maybe try the Counseling! but deep down you can beat this. Every one out here is fighting some kid if temptation.

are you hungery? or just eating to eat. Figure that one out and maybe you will

no the answer. Try drinking more liquid's that the ticket for me......

Good luck Take care God bless! John