Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band aid in frozen dinner?? What to do????

Need some advice!!!!! I was eating a South Beach Living Meatloaf with gravy frozen dinner. I felt something strange in my mouth. I took it out and it was a band-aid. I took pictures with my cell phone and digital camera.

What else should I do?

I would have lost everything I had eaten. That is just gross. Find the South Beach company website and see if they have a way to contact them. I would download the photo and send it with an explanation of what you found in your dinner. I makes me wonder about what other crap is in our processed foods!

Yeah, I definitely will not be eating the SB meals in my freezer now. That is gross. I agree with Aveamora, get an attorney, show him the pictures and see what he says. ICK!!!

Need some advice!!!!! I was eating a South Beach Living Meatloaf with gravy frozen dinner. I felt something strange in my mouth. I took it out and it was a band-aid. I took pictures with my cell phone and digital camera.

What else should I do?

Now I wish I didn't read this post, cuz I so liked the SB frozen entrees! Now I won't be able to stomach them. I feel like gagging right now!! I would definately notify .............as to whom and how far you take it, that's up to you. Still gagging.......................

gag me! hate to say it but i agree with everyone else. you dont know who had that band aid on and what they may had. obviously they didn't have gloves on! let us know what happens!!

What else should I do?

big baby - i'll make you some meatloaf!!!

that's just all around foul. not sure how much satisfaction you'll get w/SB - other than "free food" but would you want that? might just chalk this up to not eating SB frozen dinners in the future - ugh, still foul when i think about it.

let us know what you do...

lulu

Guest JSIL

Save everything and call a lawyer! That is sick! I would also call a doctor, who knows what was on that band-aid. My aunt found spiders in a chicken pot pie years ago, they sent her 1000's of free coupons for more food, she never went forward to sue them. Sorry, that is horrible!

omg, just nasty! i agree with everyone about contacting SB!

stories like this remind me of when my exhusband worked for tony's pizza, the stories he told me...i stopped buying frozen foods all together for a while. (i guess until food started to control me, i forgot all about what he had told me)

I would just call them and complain. I don't think there is any need to sue unless you actually contract something which I think would be rare as the food is frozen which kills bacteria and then heated which also kills bacteria. Just call and never eat SB again.

i think suing would be what they would be expecting, and would be difficult on your part. SB should be aware of what happened, in case the person does have something that is contagious.

but suing...think about it objectively, how are you going to "prove" that it was in there? the pictures? i can take pictures of an object in my food, doesn't mean it was in there when i got the food. i think suing (unless there is a disease you contract from the previous wearer that could tie the two together) would be next to impossible.

Oh my god, that is disgusting. That reminds me of a story my friend told me when he found a bloody bandaid in his omelet at Waffle House. Definitely call and complain....and make sure you let them know that you are on this forum and you are in contact with A LOT of people who previously consumed their products, and tell them that you are spreading the word about what happened. That will probably scare the s**t out of them and I'm sure they will give you something for your disgusting and unpleaseant experience. Let us know how it turns out.

stories like this remind me of when my exhusband worked for tony's pizza, the stories he told me...i stopped buying frozen foods all together for a while. (i guess until food started to control me, i forgot all about what he had told me)

I admit to morbid curiosity here, but I suppose people are already grossed out enough (re: bandaid surprise). Thankfully, the worst thing I can presently recall finding in my food was a cranefly in my Chinese chicken salad, from a local restaurant. I'm sure we've unknowingly been subjected to much worse (as I think of the movie "Waiting")