Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

plateau problem

Hi, I'm at a stand still and have been for a couple of months. I go to the gym 3 times a week, but I'm struggling emotionally with my eating and for meal ideas. Please if anyone has got some ideas on how to get off this plateau and get the weight loss going again, would be greatly appreciated. Please help, I need support, and noone seems to see my cries for help. I'm starting to feel like a failure again.

Penny:sad_smile:

I, too, have been on a plateau for several months. Try exercising more. I know that might not be possible, but exercise can jump start your metabolism. Drink lots of fluids. And don't overeat!! After a lifetime of dieting and plateaus, I have learned that I am most vulnerable to blowing my diet when I plateau. And that's when your metabolism has bottomed out and you gain weight more easily. Stick to your eating plan. Distract yourself if you want to eat but are not hungry. I've recently started chewing gum. It looks stupid, but it helps. Good luck.

Penny:

I was at a plateau too. So, I started charting my food on mydailyplate.com. It helps me to make sure I don't exceed 1200 calories a day.

You might want to change up your exercise too. If you're walking on a flat surface, try some hills.

Good luck.

Sue

I second thedailyplate.com....I love this site and it is starting to help me get off my plateau. Since you are only exercising 3 days a week, try adding another day or extending your workouts 30 minutes or so.

As the others said, I love the daily plate as well. It has really helped me gain insight into what I am eating. There were things I was eating that I thought were quite nutritious and I have now learned they are loaded with calories and not so good for me after all.

Also, I recently joined a gym. One of the things the personal trainer recommended was that I start my day with 30 minutes of cardio. He said that gets the metabolism going first thing in the morning. I admit, I am not one that likes getting out of bed early in the morning, especially to exercise, but this really does seem to make a difference.

I am also a strong supporter of eating several smalls meals per day. My nut, doctor and the pt all said that by doing this, it also helps keep your metabolism going.

Since doing these things, my weight loss has gotten back on track. I hope this helps.

Thank you so much everyone for replying so quickly. I really needed those supporting words. I think everyone seems to agree that mydailyplate.com is the best idea, plus extra cardio would help.

Thank you again

Penny:regular_smile: