Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Kids Say the Darndest Things LOL

Had to share this with you... my friend and I were talking about how we loved fast food before being banded...I was a regular at McDonalds almost daily. When I first got my band I was still tempted, it was hard to stay away in the beginning I wasn't tight until my fills. Well my daughter took the temptation away instantly in one visit lol There was a woman who worked at the register.. god bless her lol but she was not very attractive and had facial hair. She came over and said " Can I help you ?" and before I could say anything my daughter spoke up so innocently and said loudly "Mama why does she have wiskers like Papa ? " I tried to ignore her and said find us a table honey. She said just a minute mama I want to know why she has wiskers like Papa ? LOL I wanted to disappear ! I apologized to the woman and needless to say my Micky Dees cravings were gone Lol

I felt to bad and didnt want to face that poor woman again. :thumbdown:

Had to share this with you... my friend and I were talking about how we loved fast food before being banded...I was a regular at McDonalds almost daily. When I first got my band I was still tempted, it was hard to stay away in the beginning I wasn't tight until my fills. Well my daughter took the temptation away instantly in one visit lol There was a woman who worked at the register.. god bless her lol but she was not very attractive and had facial hair. She came over and said " Can I help you ?" and before I could say anything my daughter spoke up so innocently and said loudly "Mama why does she have wiskers like Papa ? " I tried to ignore her and said find us a table honey. She said just a minute mama I want to know why she has wiskers like Papa ? LOL I wanted to disappear ! I apologized to the woman and needless to say my Micky Dees cravings were gone Lol

I felt to bad and didnt want to face that poor woman again. :smile:

LOL:lol: my mom has whiskers and I know when I get older I will too I am just happy I am a natural blonde lol :thumbdown:

lol i've seen women with more facial hair than gorillas around here LOL, my mom's isnt too bad (thank goodness she controls it lol)

You know... I will stand up and say.... I am a woman who has more hair growth on my face than an average woman. And if there was one thing I could take away from who I am....Honestly, I would chose to take away the facial hair before the weight. You have no idea the humiliation associated with being a WOMAN who grows hair on her face. I do everything I can to erase this unattractive trait. Unfortunately the torture your skin endures creates a shadow, and even makeup doesn't cover it! I have had laser surgery, and paid over $1200 for 5 treatments. Which normally cures a woman of unwanted facial hair. But it was a waste of money in my case and it didn't work for me..... So I have said all this to say....Be happy you don't have facial hair but don't for a minute talk down on those of us who do. Because I didn't start to get mine until I pointed out someone who had it!!!!!! I guess you can call it BAD KARMA! Because none of the other ladies in my family have this awful trait.

But, my doctor said WLS helps with facial hair growth! So Yaaaaah!!!!

I agree with HF... unless you have this problem then you can truly not understand the humiliation. I would also keep the weight if I could just have this hair gone forever. Lucky for me as a Muslim I wear a hejab so I can hide it... but hey.. can't stay covered all the time.

When situations like this happens with our kids, yeah you can find laughter in it but at whose expense...

So for all the "hairy" women out here.. and there...and everywhere, let's me a little more compassionate and realize some of us are really affected by this. The excess weight we have can be taken off.... but the hair.... for some will never go away.... :-(

I would suggest using Surgi-Cream. It's not a permanent fix but it works great. My sister has very fair, sensitive skin and even she can use it. It's my best friend... :thumbdown:

Theres also a produt called *Magic shave* It's marketed mostly for black males with sensitive skin but I have found it was superb to any other hair removers out there. And does't burn my skin like the others do.

I'm kind of lucky in my facial hair is all blonde even though my head has gone to more of a dirty blonde over the years but even with the hair being so light colored it still can be extreemly noticable. And annoying!!