Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Morning Everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my post surgery diet. I was banded 5/1 and had my first fill on 6/1. When I had my first fill they told me to pretty much stick to a low carb diet. I know I can loose weight with that but I had real trouble sticking to that before surgery. I do fine for a couple of weeks then it's all over. Not sure that's a model diet for the rest of my life. Don't think I've lost much weight since my fill. My doc put 2cc in my 4 cc band. I have'nt been keeping a journal to this point. Do you guys keep a journal? Exactly what are you all eating for your meals. I use to do well keeping track of points with Weight Watchers. Wonder if thats an option now. With that you can eat just about anything as long as you count points.

Just not sure what to do at this point. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm 20lbs less than I was on 5/1. That's not bad but nothing in the past 2 weeks.

Abby

Sounds, like you are doing great!

Hang it there, and log everything you eat. I use sparkpeople.com (it's free), and it helps be track everything for my low carb 6 month supervised diet pre-surgery. Low carb gets easier after a week or so, as you loss your desire for sweets. I find that I lose weight well when on a low carb, not NO carb, diet. There is a lot of information on the net, just type low carb in any search engine. fruit really heps me avoid sweets. GOOD LUCK!

Please tell me all about the surgery, pre-op and post op diets. I go for my last visit with my family doctor Thursday, and then I should be getting a surgery date soon, so I am very interested.

Morning Everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my post surgery diet. I was banded 5/1 and had my first fill on 6/1. When I had my first fill they told me to pretty much stick to a low carb diet. I know I can loose weight with that but I had real trouble sticking to that before surgery. I do fine for a couple of weeks then it's all over. Not sure that's a model diet for the rest of my life. Don't think I've lost much weight since my fill. My doc put 2cc in my 4 cc band. I have'nt been keeping a journal to this point. Do you guys keep a journal? Exactly what are you all eating for your meals. I use to do well keeping track of points with Weight Watchers. Wonder if thats an option now. With that you can eat just about anything as long as you count points.

Just not sure what to do at this point. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm 20lbs less than I was on 5/1. That's not bad but nothing in the past 2 weeks.

Abby

Hi Abby,

Just inserting my 2 cents here. I am by no means an expert, given that I am only a few days off the surgical table, but...I think that the "low carb" they probably meant was perhaps, low "bad carbs" and not strict, Atkins type of carb restriction. You know..get in all your Protein. When you eat, start with Protein, then veggies, and so forth. I think you will be fine tracking WW points. Just make sure you get that protein in. I'm thinking about pulling out my WW stuff and trying to eat on the core plan. I figure that since I have about five weeks or so before my first fill, I'd better do something to keep the weight loss going. Congrats on the 20 pounds!