Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support in North Van next weeek !!!

It was great to meet you too CB :biggrin2: I'm glad that you were able to attend !!!

I was completely amazed at the turn out !!! Doddie is right....most months there would just be 3 of us sitting there talking about our issues, so it floored me at how many showed up !!! There were times I seriously wondered if it was worth the effort, but after this month I know that it is paying off :rolleyes2:

To everyone else that is reading this thread that attended for the first time....THANK YOU !!! Hopefully you were able to gain some insight, take some info and feel supported in your band journey. It was awesome meeting all of you !!!

If any of you have questions in general or requests for a future meeting please feel free to email me.

Take care everyone and hopefully I'll be seeing you all again next month !!!

Patricia

It was great meeting all of you last week! Speaking as a newbie who is yet to be banded, I found the meeting a great opportunity to listen, ask questions and discuss 'life with the band' - the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks for perservering!

Hi Everybody!

It seems I've just missed the latest meeting, but I'd really like to attend the next. I haven't actually been banded yet, but I'd really love to meet with those of you who either have been banded or are looking into getting it done like myself.

Is there going to be a meeting on the 16th of July?

-Daina

Yes D there will be a meeting in July. Every 3rd Wednesday. Contact Canadagirl33@hotmail.com and she will put you on her reminder list. She founded our group and we would love to meet you and answer any questions you may have.

I really enjoyed the large turnout. Who would of thunk so many would come out. It was so much fun listening to the comments of evryone about their journeys and we had some great laughs to. For months, the attendance was 3 sometimes just one so it was a great feeling to know there are others. Hope you all continue to come.

Glad your get together went well..

I tried to get something together for us folks north of the GTA but alas no luck ...

O/T... did you know that TLBC has a new General Manager as of this week???

I went in for a slight de-fill and met the Custodian staff manager and she was just getting ready for an interview with the new GM...

:blushing:

I would be interested in attending. I live in Lower Mainland and have decided to get banded. I still have to have a conultation.

Mom, we would be only to happy to have you attend. We all have interesting histories, some good, some not so good. You can find out what awaits you as you start your journey. We meet at the Lion's Gate Hospital. If you send an e mail to 'canadagirl33@hotmail.com', she will put you on her reminder list. If you would like to, contact me at doddie63@hotmail.com and I would do my best to answer some of your start out questions.

Peaches don't give up. Canadagirl and myself went months. Canadagirl contacted the Lions Gate Hospital and we were given access to a room for our support group free. I even attended one meeting all by myself incase someone showed up. At the very least, if you know of one or two, start an email support group. You all have the grounding interest of remoteness to get you started. Good luck

I just found this and think it is great to see some stuff here in Vancouver. I was banded in November 2007 and hit a major plateau now and need help. Any ideas? I do work out every day and have cut down on carbs, so mostly protein.... and still the scale has not moved for 3 months now and I am getting very frustrated. Thanks.

Hi Patricia,

I would love to attend a meeting in North Vancouver. I live in Coquitlam and would not mind the drive at all as I need a support group badly. I got banded at the end of November 2007 and hit a serious plateau right now. Lost 47 pounds and need to lose lots more.......

When and where is the next meeting?

Thank you for the info.

Gerdi

Wow, that is a lot of money. You can have a fill with Dr. Leung in Surrey, he only charges $30.00 after 3 free fills. His office is right next to Surrey Memorial, I was banded by him and he is great.

Cheers,

Gerdi

Gerdi: Dr. Leung only does fills for his patients. Thdre are not too many doctors that will do fills if you are not their patient. Dr. Woodhead will do fills for Canadians that are not his patient here in Canada, but he will not do people banded in Mexico. However, I think every individual interested in fills even if banded in Mexico could contact his office for a personal answer. Also, there are fill clinics just slightly south in Washington state or Calgary, Albert. Hope to see you at the meeting.

Hi,

Thanks I did not know that......... I would love to come to the next meeting, just need to know where to go, etc.......

Gerdi

Hi: We meet every third Wednesday of the month at the Lions Gate Hospital. The main entrance in on 15th street. There is pay parking unless you want to park on the street if you find a spot that is. After entering the hospital, there is a gift shop directly ahead, turn right and go thru double doors and go down the corridor. Turn right at the library and we are the first door on the right. Look forward to meeting you.

Do you have room for one more to your meeting.. I am getting banded in Mexico July 22. I am going there incognito I have only told 2 people of my decision, I think it is better for me that way. However I sure am glad to hear that there is a support group nearby as I think I need someone to talk to.

The more the merrier. You will be welcomed with open arms. Bring your questions or bring just you. Our meetings are open, sometimes there was just one the last time 13. Canadagirl33@hotmail.com started the group. I am pretty certain she will see your post but if not contact her and she will put you on the reminder list.