Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor only had me be on the pre-op diet for 5 days, so maybe the 2 weeks is just to accomodate for people having a hard time. The other thing is that they won't know how big your liver is until he's in there doing the procedure, and I don't think he's going to wake you up in the middle of it and yell at you :leaving:, so even if you are just cutting back on the carbs, you are probably ok.

I did 3 weeks of slim fast then i strayed alittle for the past 2weeks . since the start of march to now i have lost 23 lbs. Tonight i had some "POOR" :wink_smile: choices but im calling today my last day for food really. Tomorrow is pre -op and i have no clue what that entails for me. But im pretty sure im back on slim fast and vegs/fruit with some Protein until may 21st when i get my band.

I hope that was enough for my liver and the past few days and some choices here and there wont hurt me when i go in this week.

~~jessica

:confused_smile: Hey all I get on the Band Wagon tomorrow morning at 9:45. Best wishes to everyone getting on today tomorrow and beyond! I will update as soon as I can.

One of the main reason for having the surgery is because of infertilty. I have PCOS and have been unable to have children. Having PCOS is part of the reason for the weight gain but I also have made some very bad choices.

The pain was not unbearable but it was there. When I came out of surgery I was in a lot of pain but was given meds and felt a lot better. I guess it is different with everybody but the pain is not unbearable.

Not eat really hasn't been a issue. I really haven't wanted to eat but I know that will soon change. It doesn't bother me to see my husband eat but I know soon that will change too.

I hope this helps some....I am also doing a VLOG on youtube. Here is my username so you can link to my videos: hholly112002

you can watch some of the things I found important and I do have one update since the surgery and I will be posting another one today.

Good luck all!!!!!

Hi All.. i am also being banded on 5/21.. only 2 days away...

Holly i feel your pain... i too have PCOS and my doctor has said that weight loss is my best chance to be able to concieve. I wanted to loose weight anyways to be healthy for me and my family.. but being a mommmy is my dream! We have one child (by adoption) and i can't wait to be able to give him a bro/sis and be able to be pregnant and everything.. Good luck to you!!

MAy 22th

I'm really scared

Yeah, me too. Maybe not so much scared as just not knowing what to expect. I mean I know what to expect as far as the surgery procedure, but not how I may feel afterwards and how easy/hard it will be to manage. I kind of feel the same nerovus that I felt the day before I was going to be induced for labor with my daughter. I had read all the books, prepared all the stuff, and logically knew the procedure, but you just have no idea how it all will feel to you. My life changed the day my daughter was born, and I think my life is changing tomorrow. My husband smokes, and I told him how would he feel if someone were going to cut off his hands so he wouldn't smoke anymore. I think he got the picture. It will be ok. :cursing:

Hi Girls

Well I am back.. I made it through the surgery, but am feeling a little bit sorry for myself. I did not come out of the anthestic too well so I had to spend an extra night at the hospital. But never mind tomorrow is another day..

Does any one have any pain the back of their shoulders, I do and am still taking Endone for this..

Sorry if this is a doomy gloomy post, but it is how I feel right now, but I am sure I will feel better tomorrow..

Bye for now and I hope you all are feeling well.

Cheers

Hi, I had surgery on Wed. It went fine. I asked my doctor afterwards if my liver was small enough, because that seems to be a concern for the pre-op diet. He kind of laughed and said yes, and I told him that was good because I had been working on that. So for all those people who are worried about falling off the pre-op diet, 5 days of salads and chicken breast will do it for the liver:smile:

The first time I ate after surgery I ate 4 bites of Jello and that was too much. I was miserable for about an hour. I also gulped ice Water because my mouth was so dry, big mistake, miserable for another hour.

Walking is good. Ice chips are good. Pain med is good. Eating too fast is bad. I ate my applesauce too fast last night and felt miserable for about an hour. Hot shower is good on the incisions. sleeping in the recliner was good for a couple of hours last night. Turning over in bed was painful. Bracing my belly wiht a pillow is good.

Getting on the scale this morning and seeing a couple of pounds disappear is the best!:cool2:

My husband asked me if I still thought it was a good idea that first night when I was hurting :sad_smile:, and even though I was stiff, sore, and short of breath, it's worth it. :thumbdown:

Hi Girls! Nice to hear from you and glad you are doing fine. :biggrin: I was banded on Wednesday too and am doing quite well I think except for the stupid gas! I can't wait for that to go away but I am so excited for healing up and getting on with it. I have been walking a lot which seems to help. I just get tired fairly quickly which i'm sure is normal this soon after surgery.

Keep us updated on your progress! Congrats to all of us!!! Woo hoo! :)

We're on our way!

Hi Girls

How has your week been, mine has been really busy because I went back to Work on Monday...

I hope you are all feeling as fantastic as I am, the pain in my shoulders from the gas has finally gone away. But I am feeling the old hunger pains returning, they are pretty easy to ignore though, I keep telling myself that I am trading food for losing kilos....

I am going to start walking this week because I haven't lost any weight for the past 3 days, which is depressing after losing a kilo a day after the surgery, has any one else's weight slowed down...

I have 4 more days until I go on to pureed foods, who would have that would excite anyone... But I am looking forward to Shepards Pie and some Rice pudding..

Cheers