Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite books/arthurs

So currently I am rereading every Laurie Notaro book I have. I think she is hilarous. She is one of those laugh out loud and get funny looks arthur.

I really like the other book I am reading right now (I like to read 2 or 3 at a time) it's called "Bonk" I'm usually not into non-fiction but it's about sexual scientifick studies and the slack the scientist take because of their profession. My partner is a bio-chemist so we always have sciency books lying around but this is the first one I liked.

What about you guys?

I like reading Jodi Picoult, Debbie Macomber, John Grisham, Jennifer Weiner. I don't care for scifi or overdone romance. I also like true stories and true crime as well as books set in earlier times in history.

Romance Novels are not for me either. I used to read a lot of Steven King though. I like to gobble books like I used to gobble food.:thumbup:

I'm big time into sci-fi, fantasy and vampire novels.. lol. I'm reading Twilight right now.. it's SO good... I think the writer is Stephanie Myer or Grier or something like that.. I also love Neil Gaiman! I have read Stardust, Neverwhere and American Gods. And of course Anne Rice novels..I like the classics too like Oliver, Pride and Prejudice and stuff like that. I pretty much like everything.. I don't like reading self help and "how to do it" books... I also don't like autobiographical books... Like that Hilary Clinton book.. didn't she write some book about herself? I don't care what famous poeple have to write about themselves.

I love fantasy novels. Do you like Anne Rice, Crystal?

I agree about the autobiographal, esp. famous people.

Has anyone every read the autobiographal "Child Called It" series? Oh they are so intense. Be careful if you read them.

I love fantasy novels. Do you like Anne Rice, Crystal?

I agree about the autobiographal, esp. famous people.

Has anyone every read the autobiographal "Child Called It" series? Oh they are so intense. Be careful if you read them.

Okay, I did read "A Child Called It".. but that's because he had something important to say. HA HA. I didn't read the book after that, but I did read that first book. Autobiographical's like that, I don't mind.. but dang when I went to Barnes and Nobel yesterday to get my Twilight book and I saw Dr. Phil's wife with a "self help/about me" book I just laughed! I don't care what famous people in Hollywood want to say. "A Child Called It" was about abuse and it was a very powerful book.

Oh yes, I love Anne Rice.. have all her novels.. even the ones she wrote as another author.. you know the kinky/naughty ones?? HA HA...

I love time travel books and vampire books the most though.. vampires are just so danged sexy.. don't know why.

My favorite Arthur is this one.

post-37967-13813666408056_thumb.jpg

post-224357-13813137100688_thumb.jpg

Okay, I did read "A Child Called It".. but that's because he had something important to say. HA HA. I didn't read the book after that, but I did read that first book. Autobiographical's like that, I don't mind.. but dang when I went to Barnes and Nobel yesterday to get my Twilight book and I saw Dr. Phil's wife with a "self help/about me" book I just laughed! I don't care what famous people in Hollywood want to say. "A Child Called It" was about abuse and it was a very powerful book.

Oh yes, I love Anne Rice.. have all her novels.. even the ones she wrote as another author.. you know the kinky/naughty ones?? HA HA...

I love time travel books and vampire books the most though.. vampires are just so danged sexy.. don't know why.

I really cant stand those either. yuck.

Oh yeah, the sleeping beauty ones, and exit to eden? Oh I read those. :thumbup: I think vampires are pretty sexy myself.

LittleMissbandaid- I fail the test. Who is it?

Bea Arthur from the Golden Girls.

Thats who I thought it was, but I didn't realize she was a writer, but I hardley remember the golden girls, except Rose, just bc my mom used to call me that because I tend to zone out.

:thumbup: Ok, it's obvious no one got my joke so - Tara, you wrote arthur in the subject line instead of author.

Nevermind me, I'm just a weenie.

However, she could be an author too, I don't know. :thumbup:

My favorites are Jodi Picoult, Jennifer Weiner, and J.K. Rowling. I love the Harry Potter books, have read each at least half a dozen times, and I'm one of those dorks who waited in line at midnight for the last 3 books. I love to read and I plan to read tons this summer. I don't usually have time to read what I want between August and May because I have so much reading to do for school.