Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad to find the 50's!

Hi guys, I'm a bit new to the board and just discovered the age specific forum.... nice to meet some other young but mature women who are experiencing, or will experience, the lap band life! I just got banded today, I posted my story of the day here, http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/story-my-surgery-today-63411/. I'm looking forward to getting and giving support as I start this exciting journey! :thumbup:

Nance, Congrads on your surgery,you've made a very positive decision for a healthier life.:w00t: Welcome to the 50's.:thumbup: John

Hi Nance,

Welcome and best wishes that you will be successfull in this endeavor. I was banded Apr 23 (in fact so was John below) and I am so looking forward to this journey.

Take care

Yvonne

Hello and good wishes to everyone. I am so glad to have found this particular forum. I am a 53 year old woman (husband and 1 grown daughter) and I am scheduled to be banded in Richmond, Virginia on July 24. Good luck to everyone in their journey!

I am a week behind you being banded 5/23. So I'm curious how are you doing and what are you eating. I'm having real food withdrawl. The first 5 days were no problem, now I think about food more, and TV commericals are the worst.

Hi Sue!

My doctor seems to move things along faster than a lot of doctors. But, all he does is lapband surgery and he's done more than 1,000 of them so I trust him. I had one week of liquids (anything I could drink through a straw) and then one week of mushies. Today is the first day I'm allowed to start working "normal" food into my diet. Here is what I ate a lot of during my week on mushies:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese topped with one snack pack of sugar-free peaches

lunch - one can of creamed Soup made with fat-free milk (for the protein)

dinner - salmon or halibut filet with a small side of broccoli in cheese sauce.

If I felt the need for a snack or desert, I had a sugar-free snackpack of pudding with some fat-free Cool Whip on it.

So today.... well, I haven't decided what foods I'm going to introduce back into my diet first! I've really been enjoying the cottage cheese and peaches for Breakfast, so I had that today. For lunch I'm having another meal I ate a few times in the mushy stage, because I had leftovers and I like it..... 1/2 cup of fat free refried Beans topped with 2 tbs. of melted shredded cheese, 2 tbs. of guacamole and a bit of fat-free sour cream.

For dinner I'm planning to have some sautteed shrimp. I'll have to think about what I'm going to have this weekend. After the pre-op diet and post-op diet you'd think I'd have a long list of foods I'm anxious to try now that I can try almost anything..... but nothing is really tempting me. Go figure!

PS, yes, TV commercials are the worst! They know how to make the most unhealthy, fat, juicy hamburger and fried foods look so glamorous and enticing!

Thanks Nanc,

I think I'll survive another week. I'm glad you posted what you are eating gives me something to live for. Seems odd being at home (i work) with all the time you would think I could get things done. WRONG. I've been really really lazy. The only other thing I have done is gone out shopping. Hubby isn't to sure how great that is going to be since I took off from work for 6 weeks. Shopping and spending well at least I'm helping the economy right...

PS It's not food I'm shopping for