Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 months out and yeah I have some saggy skin and will most likely have a little more but I would rather have empty saggy skin that fluffy skin full of fat...thats my look on it :-)

thanks for responding. Yes, I will look into insurance paying for Tummy Tuck after all this is over. Just wanted to ask anyone out there, how did you feel immediately after the surgery. Were you bedridden or were you up and how did you feel?

Alicia

I was not bedridden but I did spend most of my time on the couch. I was more sore then anything not much pain - and I am a chicken when it comes to pain. After a few days I would walk around the house to get my body going and when that got boring about a week and a half after surgery I would walk on the treadmill at a VERY low speed just to keep myself moving fpr about 10-15 minutes at a time. It was November so it was too cold to walk outside so thats why I used the treadmill. I do remember getting winded quickly but I would take my time and just do what I could.

This is for all

Sorry I haven't written sooner too busy. I was banded 6-6-08 its been 3 months. I am losing average of 4 pounds a month. There are times that I don't feel too great but overall I am fine. If you are thinking of lab band vs the others, I highly recommend lap band or at least check it out get as much info as possible. Pros and cons. my situation is slightly differrent in that I pondered on this for 2 years ever since diagnosed with diabetes type II. FIrst I had to change how I ate and was able to lose about 12 pounds on my own, but because I was only about 60 pounds overweight, I didn't think my insurance would pay but it did 100% because of my diabetes. So check out everything out there. For me it has been worth it. But make sure you change your eating habits first.

aliciarose

visit gym often tone up as much as possible worry when there is weight loss you are way ahead of yourself good luck

Hi drstan1,

I began walking 4 miles every day mon thru Fri, then I began walking at least 6 miles each day mon -Fri. Now I have slowed down my walking but only because I feel great and am cutting back on my eating. I do love getting my fill. After a fill I notice I stop eating a bit. This could be bad too. Once I felt so sick because not eating, trying to get to know my body all over again. My co workers don't know I've had the band they just notice I've lost lots of weight. I didn't want to tell anyone until I felt comfortable that I am doing OK. I guess I didn't want to tell the whole world and I was worried that I might fail, or that the band would have complications. I still working on how am I going to tell them after the fact. Any suggestions.

Good advice, I am going to start going to the gym using some lite weights to tone up. I started at 176 and now weigh 158, my goal is 125.

aliciarose

visit gym often tone up as much as possible worry when there is weight loss you are way ahead of yourself good luck