Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Fill-Nervous

I am going in tomorrow for my second fill. I have lost a total of 25 lbs, and feel great. My greatest fear is PBing. I have always scarffed my food when I ate, blamming it on having to take care of the kids, get to work, etc. I have never been a "sit down and enjoy your meal" kind of person. That is probably what got me to this weight in the first place. I have PBed probably more than I should, and it scares me to have it happen again. I end up having to spit up the slime, and I am scared of having to run to the bathroom when meeting with a client at lunch. I am afraid that this next fill will restrict my food size more, and I will PB more. I need to slow down and "smell the food" instead of scarfing it down, but am afraid I will forget and just pop it in my mouth and swallow. The lap band is really a life altering change, and I just need to slow it down and enjoy my food.

Edited by kelda44

I am going in tomorrow for my second fill. I have lost a total of 25 lbs, and feel great. My greatest fear is PBing. I have always scarffed my food when I ate, blamming it on having to take care of the kids, get to work, etc. I have never been a "sit down and enjoy your meal" kind of person. That is probably what got me to this weight in the first place. I have PBed probably more than I should, and it scares me to have it happen again. I end up having to spit up the slime, and I am scared of having to run to the bathroom when meeting with a client at lunch. I am afraid that this next fill will restrict my food size more, and I will PB more. I need to slow down and "smell the food" instead of scarfing it down, but am afraid I will forget and just pop it in my mouth and swallow. The lap band is really a life altering change, and I just need to slow it down and enjoy my food.

First CONGRATS on the weight loss so far your doing amazing !! Great job!

It sounds like you already know what you have to do . And the more restriction you get the more you WILL have to do it. Remember this .. FEAR! LOL Seriously > Fear is what drives me , the fear of messing up my band . . every time you PB You are putting your band at risk , your putting your band at risk for slipping.

If your worried about doing this in front of a client at lunch , you might consider sticking to Soup maybe ?

I get into trouble more when i am talking and eating. But you are going to have to practice this . The more restriction you get the more the band is going to Remind you to slow down . You will get the hang of it . Your doing great.

This is something all of us bandsters go threw. It is fear and pain that has made me change my ways of eating very quickly. I now watch my husband eat and boy did we eat fast!!!! I always look at him now with big eyes going your done already??? You need restriction to be successful with your weight loss so it is part of the process. I call it the stop button and it is not something your body does over night. I went threw a horrible three months last year where I was too tight and I just threw up almost everything I tried to eat. It really was painful and as soon as I had my fill removed I was like a kid in a candy store. The first thing I did was go to Jack in the Box and eat a double cheeseburger........It was the best burger I have ever eaten. But let me tell you it was down hill from there and two months later I had gained 12 pounds......so off to get another fill I went. Now I am at a good restriction and my stop button is back so after a few bites I feel that tight feeling and have to put my fork down and wait until I can take another couple of bites. If you are in a hurry the best thing is to have to go Protein shakes or granola bars to slowly snack on little bite by little bite. Now that I have felt both sides of the spectrum from too tight to too loose you really rely on being at a good restriciton to be good and keep your calories at what your body needs to keep loosing or just maintain. It is amazing how cutting out carbs then adding them back in how quickly your body will just absorb them and pack it right back on. It is a science of what works for your body and when to stop or just SAY NO!!! Good luck and keep up the great work. It is a lifetime journey so just stay focused on that goal then maintaining is what the next goal can be!!!!!!!:biggrin: