Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8hrs to go....

Oh Man, I am so nervous now, 8 hrs till surgery. Went back quickly looking for threads on pain, if anyone can give me suggestions for managaing pain when I return home, it would be much appreciated, thanks so much!

Breathe, breathe ,breathe. Find something to occupy your time today, try not to think of it. Focus on your long term goals and press on. The human body and spirit can endure tremondous things. Keep this in it's place. Ask what kind of pain meds you will be getting and use them. Good luck to you today and congratulations on your journey to a healthy and slim you!!!

Brissie.....Oh my gosh, I feel your excitement! You will be fine, and I am sure that your doctor will give you something for your pain. I have heard that heating pads become a bandsters best friend after surgery. I have yet to be banded...so I don't have any exact suggestions for you. However....when my time comes, I plan on getting lots of rest. And surfing the net till I find the end!! I have spent a greater part of my life fixated on food...now its time for me to find something else...LIKE SHOPPING :) I plan on doing a lot of online "shopping" too while I am healing. Lookin at all the clothes that I love...and all the things I can do when I am thinner....ahhhhh I love shopping....:) GOOD LUCK TO YOU And when you are up to it, let us know how you are feeling!

SINCERELY

Brissie - Try to relax, you will be fine. Your Doctor will send you home with some pain meds, but I didn't even use mine except one time when I first got home and actually probably really didn't have to have them then.

Good Luck with your surgery, and be sure to come and post when you are able and let us know how you are doing.

Try to keep busy, try to go back and read some of the older posts about the surgery and that might help you relax too.

Wow- I hear the excitement!!! Pain - Don't worry you may have very little to even none!! Think positively!! The hospital will be able to help you if there is any at all. Think how wonderful you will be tomorrow & better the next day & by next week you will be a pro at this!! I am so excited for you!! Enjoy saying Good Bye to the old you today & HELLO Gorgeous Tomorrow!! WHHOOOHOOO!

Brissie,

You will be fine. It will feel like you have done too many situps. I used a small pillow when I was getting up, coughing, sneezing and the such. Just place it over your stomach and that keeps the movement down to a minimum. Good luck to you.

Hey Brissiebabe, you may be one of the lucky ones who don't need pain meds, but if not, just make sure you avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Tylenol, which can irritate a banded stomach. Your doctor will almost certainly give you some pain meds. If you need more, ask what he recommends.

You are probably already out of surgery as I write this! Welcome to Bandland!