Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Banders???

Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing with pain...going bck to work... and eating? I was banded on 05/08/08 went for my 1 wk check up on Tuesday kinda early because I am thinking abt going back to work on Thursday. He said it was up to me and I am feeling pretty good.

I have lost about 16 lbs since this has started in March...I was one of the lucky ones that did not have to wait for a long time to get approved.

The only complaint I have is that when I hiccup it hurts like @&*! Has anyone experienced this pain? My doctor said it will go away...I have been kinda hungry trying to keep with the liquid and Soups but I am struggling as my stomach grouls...

Would love to hear from you all!!!

Michele :thumbup:

Hi there! I was banded on May 2nd (a Friday) and returned to work on May 5th (the next Monday). Monday was a little rough; I sweat through my clothes a couple of times. But, after that, I've been fine. I am often quite tired in the evening, more so than usual. I haven't had the hiccups yet and after I read how horrible they've been for you, I hope to goodness I don't get them anytime soon!!! Good luck and take it easy...you're the only one of you you've got!

I was banded on the 7th. I feel great and super today!! I can tell my stomach swelling has gone down. I had my 1st official brkfst just now....2ozs of cream of wheat, thinned, made with FF milk. YUMMY!!!!! It went down good and satisfied me. I go in at 11a for post-op visit to get my staples out. That will make me feel even better. Glad we're all feeling better and getting back on our feet.

Hey there Shrikos,

I am on my 9th day and truly feeling fabulous. I am eating up to 10oz of Soup or Protein Shake and everthing I have tried goes down great. I am not hungry yet and I hope it starys that way for awhile longer. My ports are healing fine, all the stury stips are gone. I go in on the 22nd for my first check up and will find out then what my pounds lost will be. I am just amazed at how good I feel. This was a great choice to make for myself and I hope you all agree too. Have a super day! :cry_smile:

OMG YES, the hiccups hurt like hell. I can handle just about any other pain than those dang things.....I was banded on May 12th and am doing better and better every day.

Wow - you guys are doing great!!! :biggrin:

I am getting banded on the 22nd and only hope my recovery will be as good as all of yours -(except for the hiccups!)

Terri

Hi everyone! Yes, it is amazing how good I'm doing - at least I'm amazed! I didn't have any steri-strips, just glue. That's just about all gone now. My incisions are pretty small and appear to be healing really fast - woohoo! Here's a breakdown of my diet, now that I'm on "mushies": For Breakfast, I have a Protein Shake, followed by a cup of applesauce (or something similar) so I can take some morning Rx. At lunch, I eat a container of FF yogurt and maybe a cup of FF pudding. And for supper, I have another Protein shake and a cup of Soup or mashed potatoes, something like that. And then, one last cup of applesauce for my evening Rx. Everything is just wonderful, except for the pain I'm still getting in my left shoulder...arghhhhhhhhh!!! OK, maybe just argh...but still! :thumbup:

Hi All :thumbup: I was banded on Friday, 5/2 and went back to work the following Thursday. It's hard to believe that tomorrow will be two weeks that I was banded. It seems like forever.

Today I started eating soft foods. It takes getting used to the small amounts. Sometimes I feel very full after I eat. Wondering if I am eating too much??? :smile:.

I've lost 19 lbs. Hitting the gym walking the treadmill. I have a Vegas business trip coming up. Should be interesting. I go back on June 9th to see if I need my first fill.

Good luck everyone!:w00t:

Oh holy crap, yeah the hiccups are HORRIBLE!!! I also made the mistake of watching Oprah yesterday where she was featuring some of the America's Funniest Home Videos....laughing sucks right now too! lol. I was just banded on the 14th and other than where the port is, I feel amazingly good.

As for the hunger, I haven't really dealt with it yet. I've been sipping constantly on my Protein drink (Isopure) and Water and having broth or Jello three times a day, so far it's working to keep me from being hungry.

I was banded last Monday and will have my post-op check-up this Monday and I will return to work the next day. Yesterday was my first really good day. I have some tenderness around my port and I still have throat spasms (feels like intense heartburn) but once I learned the cure, hot liquids, I can stop them as soon as it starts. Slept great last night for the first time and even slept on my sides! Not having any hunger and I am content with Protein Shakes and Soup in the blender.

No regrets and I can't wait till my 1st fill. :woot:

I am so thrilled to hear how our May girls are .. This is so so encouraging. Monday is my big B-Day and I can't wait as the 2 week pre -op is getting really old now.. Worth it though ..

I am so happy everyone is feeling better ...

Boy does Soup sound good ..

weight.png

Hello! I was banded May 8 and I feel great. Most of the pain is gone and there really never was bad pain for me. I began my mushies the 6th day post op and so far no problems. :woot:

:wink_smile:Hi! Was banded on May 14! Four days out and experiencing gas, bad! Wasn't too bad first two days and pain at the incision site, where the port is placed, is sore and stiff. Hurts to bend over to the left.. Anyone notice that taking deep breaths sort of hurts? And I saw that Oprah show, also, and it was hard to laugh! Getting there and looking forward to this fantastic journey! May Banders Unite!!:tt2:

Hi Anita,

I know what you mean about the gas but it will ease up soon. :wink_smile: I also have tenderness on the left side when taking deep breaths and bending over. I see my doctor on Wednesday and will be asking him about it. I will let you know what I find out.