Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Killeen/Ft Hood?

hey, i'm just wondering how many bandsters are from the Killeen area. I'm moving back in a couple of days, and I'd love to find a band buddy to work out with, talk to, etc. I'll probably try going to the Scott and White support groups (if they'll let me since I didn't get my band done there), but it might be nice to have a Killeen group get together.

Anyways, if you're from the area and interested, let me know.

Hi, Tracy. I'm near Houston, but my BF's family is from Copperas Cove / Killeen area.

Good luck to you on finding someone. I'll check if his ex-wife is looking for someone, if you want? She wasn't banded, but she and her daughter go to Curves and are trying to get fit.

I'm Dani and we actually live in Heights. I haven't been banded yet we're just starting the process but I'd love to meet and be able to ask you some questions and then after i get my band we can work out together. Just let me know

dani - that sounds great! i had given up hope that anyone would reply to that message since i wrote it a couple of weeks ago, so i'm psyched that you replied.

we can totally get together for coffee sometime and talk band stuff.

why wait until you get banded to work out? of course, that's what i did. and actually i'm still not working out regularly, though i'm trying to work on that.

if you do want a workout buddy now, then don't worry that i'm super buff and will leave you in the dust, because i'm totally not. no pressure, though, because just having someone to chit chat with would be nice too.

anyway, i'll message you with my number. call me anytime.

tracy

We need one....Let's facilitate it! I have been banded and need some support! Whatcha think about that?

i think it sounds great! i just do better if i can share with other people. and since i had my surg. in san antonio, i don't get to go to support groups. (and their groups sucked anyway, because they all had some sort of theme, and there were only about 4 themes going on over and over for 3 months.)

so, do you know any other banded people in killeen? otherwise, our support group might consist of just us. more like a support duo.

I'm still doing paperwork although I might be swapping surgeons and going to Scott and White instead because this back and forth thing to Austin is really starting to get expensive. I'm always up for getting together.

Dani

I'm still doing paperwork although I might be swapping surgeons and going to Scott and White instead because this back and forth thing to Austin is really starting to get expensive. I'm always up for getting together.

Dani

I had mine done at Scott and White, I was very happy with them.

Hi everyone,

I just got my approval from Tricare today. All prework preop appointments are set up for Sept 8th.:biggrin: I am excited and scared at the same time. I am in excellent health but I just worry about the surgery. Everything has gone pretty quickly, but I saw that some people have to wait 6months or more. Did any of yall have to wait that long? I hope to get a surgery date by the end of September. My husband will be home for R&R in Dec. I want to feel better and have lost some wait.. oh yeah one more question. Since I am approved can i start losing wait now.. I was to close to on BMI since i have no health problems. I am glad some gals from around here have been banded.:thumbup:

tankergirl, I didn't have to wait six months, I started the process in Feb. and got banded in June. As for losing weight now, I'm not sure....you said Tricare had approved you, but was the approval just to see the surgeon or was the approval for surgery? I know in my case I got approved to see the surgeon first, and then the surgeon had to write a letter of medical neccessity and send in all of my pre-op testing info and the letter to Tricare to get approval for the actual surgery. If you haven't been approved for the actual surgery yet and are borderline on weight, I would wait until after your appointment on the 8th. If you are already approved for the surgery, then it doesn't matter if you start losing. Where are you going for you surgery?

Hey there, I spoke with my advocate today. They gave me the go ahead to start dieting. I have already seen the surgeon, just need to take all the test they require and my pshyc eval.. Not really sure what that entails. They said it would take about 2 hours. I may be banded by the end of Sept. Fingers crossed. My husband comes home for R&R in December, so I would like to be all healed and have lost some weight. Southwest Bariatric Surgeons in Austin. I will have my surgery at Seton. My son had his tubes put in his ears there when we lived there a couple of years ago. Will I have to stay the night after my surgery? I am just full of questions..lol

I didn't have to stay the night, it was outpatient. It might depend on your surgeon though, I know some of them make you.

So, since all of us want support, is anyone interested in meeting up this weekend? I had to have a total unfill last night so I could use a pick-me-up.

Hi Gina,

I can't do anything this weekend. My sister just move here last week. Actually she is in my house with her 3 daughters. (2,3, and 6yrs old). We are looking for a house. I will be crazy busy until school starts. Then I can breath. So I would like to get together after the 25th.

Why did you have to get an unfill? Hopefully no major problems. Why did you chose lap band vs. Gastric. if you dont mind me asking?