Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shoes shoes shoes!!! :)

Hello lady bandsters!

I was in Nordstrom drooling over all of the beautiful shoes, and I was wondering if after being banded and losing weight, is it easier to walk in heels? Also, right now (I assume b/c I weigh a lot) flats and flip-flops aren't comfortable for more than a few hours because I need more support for my feet. I'm only 22, gosh darn it! Will this get better,too????

Thanks!

Oh yeah, shoes are my weakness. About 10 years ago when I was at my ideal weight (size 8) I couldn't walk through a mall without a shoe purchase. I literally had a shoe closet. Easily a couple hundred pair of shoes. When I weighed less I could wear really cute, non-supportive shoes. Now it's mostly clarks, merrells, etc. Can't wait till I can go "cute" shoe shopping again!

I sure hope so. I LOVE heels, that's why I married a tall man!:thumbdown:

My MIL had surg 2 1/2 years ago, and even though she doesn't where heels, her feet have gone down a whole size, and she is able to wear "cute" shoes, not just comfortable shoes. Yunno what I mean?

All of a sudden I feel like wearing heels. I have never been able too, but I have been shopping for a great pair of heels lately. It's a great way to still get that shopping fix.

I read somewhere that due to being bigger there is more weight on the feet so we become more flat footed to compensate. People often go down a shoe size when they lose weight! I can't wait for the pretty shoes too.................they speak to me, hmmmmmmmmmmmm shoes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Ki XX

I lost a whole shoe size and can now wear heels all day while teaching and not have my feet hurt at all. I stand on concrete floors all day and at 250 pounds...heels just didn't make it...Now I wear them all day and then go run 4 miles afterwards (in running shoes of course!) without any problem.

Total shoe addict here, Ive gone hog wild buying all new shoes since losing weight. Its great to be back in heels and have them be comfy! I LOVE SHOES, so much that i buy a new pair every week!

lydiate_70_2.jpgGWMERRICK-DBRPA-TH.jpg26_flokris_64_2.jpgGWJANNIE-LBRFB-TH.jpg

GWLAGOON-DBRSN-TH.jpgGWJELISSA-GOLLE-TH.jpgGWDAKEESHA-WHMFB-TH.jpgGWPIPER-WHTMU-TH.jpg

I LOVE SHOES!!! I can't wait to be able to wear cute ones like these!!!

Even at my top weight, I wore heels everyday to work. I can't say they were strappy sandals, but they were 2 1/2 inches high. I am just much more comfortable in them now that I am dropping the weight.

But, I tore a ligament in my foot that I attributed to my weight, and it has taken nearly a year to heal well enough to keep the heels on for 10 hours. Somedays I still can't cause the foot aches.

So, regardless of your weight you can still find attractive shoes that are comfortable. Go to websites for larger and wider shoes. Shoetrader is a good one, and even Hush Puppies.

Not only am I going to have to save for new clothes, but new shoes too! I was at the mall this morning and had to avert my eyes in Macy's. Look away, look away!

Oh no!! Does that mean my fabulous shoe collection will get tossed?? NO, say it ain't so!! I have spent way too much money building this shoe collection (I am looking at my 3 shoe racks of spring/summer office shoes) in my office, and it would break my heart to have to replace them all. All my other seasonal office shoes, AND my home seasonal collections, AND my party seasonal collections.....

I've been a little upset as some of my really expensive nice shoes doen't fit me anymore. My little strappy, silver sandals for evening wear literally fall off my feet. My feet just swim around in them. I have a pair of leather shoes to wear with jeans that I can't wear anymore either. They just fall off. So I guess shoe shopping is in order. I no longer have swollen ankles and feet and it it marvelous. My DH told me a couple nights ago that he didn't realize Ihad such long toes.

Man this is so what I want to hear! This is awsome! I can wait to be able to wear shoes that are not tennis shoes!

Yes......ish.

When I was heavier, it was one thing I really felt and one thing that led me to surgery, the pain in my feet (and I only had a BMI of 35!) I wore birkenstocks everywhere, and I still do because I missed out on the shoe gene. I just dont give a rats about them.

I can wear a nice heel in a work situation and be fine though, but I always could.