Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some advice Please

Hi - 3 weeks ago I had my 3rd fill, only .5cc. I have a 4cc band filled with 2cc since last August. Since then I have had heartburn which I never did have before. Yesterday I ate one piece of toast, a little chicken breast, a few cooked shrimp (not fried), a small amount of vegetables, and a Protein Drink. I've been having to stay away from a lot of foods account of the heartburn. When I ate the chicken I couldn't eat much because it felt like it got stuck and I had pain. Then later I was going to have a cup of sugar free ice cream. I only had taken a couple of bites when I got the pain again. After that I finally threw up and it was the ice cream and about a quart of slimy stuff! Hope I don't' gross you out! Then I felt much better. I went to the doctor's office a week ago because of the heartburn and he thought I would be ok. Should I go back and have a small unfill? I really hate to but I am getting ready to go on vacation and sure don't want to go through that again. Would .1cc help or should I get more? Thanks sooooo much. :tongue2:

I know that .1cc can make a huge differnce. I always went in and got an unfill if I had pain when I ate solid foods. Unfortunately for me I had a 6 hour drive EACH way so sometimes I had to suffer for longer than I wanted just because of logistics. However, if you are having heartburn and pain when eating, I would suggest an unfill. I know a lot of people will tell you to stick it out if you can get liquids down, but my doc is pretty firm that you should come in and have a slight unfill if you can't EAT real food.< /p>

Reflux is a sign of being too tight. The only remody is an unfill or medication.

Thanks. I'm sure you are right. I'm hoping I don't have to unfill more than .1cc or so because I feel like I am finally getting back to losing weight! But, I don't want to be miserable every day either. Hopefully the doctor can see me tomorrow or Friday. I dread it because this last one was really uncomfortable.

I know that .1cc can make a huge differnce. I always went in and got an unfill if I had pain when I ate solid foods. Unfortunately for me I had a 6 hour drive EACH way so sometimes I had to suffer for longer than I wanted just because of logistics. However, if you are having heartburn and pain when eating, I would suggest an unfill. I know a lot of people will tell you to stick it out if you can get liquids down, but my doc is pretty firm that you should come in and have a slight unfill if you can't EAT real food.< /div>

You are doing so great! I also was banded in August and have only lost 58 pounds. Won't be long at all untill you reach your goal. Thanks for the good advice.

You are doing so great! I also was banded in August and have only lost 58 pounds. Won't be long at all untill you reach your goal. Thanks for the good advice.

Thank you for the compliment...but don't sell yourself short. 58 pounds is amazing! My doctor considers the surgery a success if you lose 50 pounds in a year...you still have several months to go and have already lost that.

I am currently at goal...until after my TT. My doc doesn't want me below 150 so I am frantically trying to mainain. After losing, losing, losing, maintaining is a whole different battle!

Good luck and just stay the course. You will make it too!

I know that .1cc can make a huge differnce. I always went in and got an unfill if I had pain when I ate solid foods. Unfortunately for me I had a 6 hour drive EACH way so sometimes I had to suffer for longer than I wanted just because of logistics. However, if you are having heartburn and pain when eating, I would suggest an unfill. I know a lot of people will tell you to stick it out if you can get liquids down, but my doc is pretty firm that you should come in and have a slight unfill if you can't EAT real food.< /div>

Well, I went in today and the doctor was insistant on taking out .25 of the .5cc he put in 2 weeks ago. He said the slimy stuff I threw up was spit backed up in my stomach (gross, maybe I shouldn't be so specific?) and that would have made my stomach swell and the swelling needs to go down before I need to be tighter. So, with the swelling and the 1/4 cc I should still have some restriction for a while. The heartburn is already not as bad as it was so I am not really disappointed because I wasn't having many quality days. Hopefully I won't gain back any of the 8 pounds I have lost in the last 2 weeks. That was the good part of it all. Thanks again for your support and kind words. Everyone on here has always been so nice and it's very comforting to know that you have someone who is going through the same thing as you and can share your experiences with each other.

Well, I went in today and the doctor was insistant on taking out .25 of the .5cc he put in 2 weeks ago. He said the slimy stuff I threw up was spit backed up in my stomach (gross, maybe I shouldn't be so specific?) and that would have made my stomach swell and the swelling needs to go down before I need to be tighter. So, with the swelling and the 1/4 cc I should still have some restriction for a while. The heartburn is already not as bad as it was so I am not really disappointed because I wasn't having many quality days. Hopefully I won't gain back any of the 8 pounds I have lost in the last 2 weeks. That was the good part of it all. Thanks again for your support and kind words. Everyone on here has always been so nice and it's very comforting to know that you have someone who is going through the same thing as you and can share your experiences with each other.

The unfill right before my TOTAL unfill I lost 9 pounds in 7 days because all I could "eat" was crystal light and popcorn (don't ask!) and I didn't gain any of it back. Just follow all the rules. I think it is sooooo much better to be a little looser, change your lifestyle and NOT be miserable! Good luck and I am glad you feel better!