Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POpcorn, my #1 ENEMY

Well, thanks to my greed for yummy movie theater popcorn, I now have a new found respect for the "bandster rules". They told me there were 2 foods that a bandster should never eat: coconut and popcorn. Well, I hate coconut so that was never as issue but I LOVE popcorn. I have had my band for 2 1/2 years and eaten popcorn plenty of times with no problem.

Well, my love affiar with popcorn is now over, finished, kaput! I just got home from having all my fill removed due to a large pocket of "stuck" popcorn in my pouch. It was so bad that even after he removed the fill, the popcorn just sat there. My esophagus is so stretched and swollen that it hurts to swallow. So now it's liquids for a week!:thumbup:

So, for all of you popcorn lovers out there, take heed! It is NOT worth what I have been through the last 2 days. As God is my witness, I will never eat popcorn again!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I have never heard of that happening before! Nor was I ever told I couldn't eat popcorn. I just posted in another thread stating I eat it all the time without any problems. Now, you have me second guessing myself.

Holy Cow! I've never been told not to eat popcorn either. I haven't simply because I'm still figuring out what I can and can't eat. I've been a little afraid of popcorn, but figured I'd eat some eventually. Maybe my fear is warranted. I'm sorry this happened to you. Thanks for telling your story. It might save someone else from that misery!

I've had my band for about 2 1/2 years too. I eat popcorn all the time, slowly. I guess I have been lucky. Will watch out for this the time I am at the movies. I hope you feel better.

Ouch! Sorry you had that happen to you.

I eat popcorn with no problems. Although I've changed from stuffing whole handfuls in my mouth to eating one kernel at a time. And this is one snack that I drink with because it's so salty.

For movies, DH and I try to eat some real food beforehand. Then I'm not tempted as much by popcorn. I do like the low-fat microwave popcorn as an occasional evening treat though!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches