Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What..Sweet spot?

So, I have 5cc in a 14cc band...I hear everyone talking about the "sweet spot" but I was just wondering how to tell if youre there?

I can still eat SOMETIMES more than a cup.....the only thing that really bothers me is bread...it seems to want to get stuck. I am not losing any weight but I am going to start exercising today.....should I tell my doc at my visit in june that I need more of a fill next visit or stick with where I am?

The last fill he really didnt want to do bc he said he did want me to start throwing up....I have thrown up once....but I think I took way too big of a bite....if it looks like I need a fill what do I tell him?

Anyway, I guess this isnt making as big of a difference as I thought it would......:confused2:

I also have 5cc's in a 14 cc band. My first fill was April 14th with 3cc's and then May 9th with 2 more cc's.

I get full quicker but I really have to make myself aware of how my stomach feels. I find a lot of my hunger is head hunger and not stomach hunger. This to me is the hardest thing to get used to but I'm starting to know the difference. I have a problem with bread or anything else I don't chew really well or if I'm eating too fast............ I do feel that smaller amounts fill me up. I'm looking for my sweet spot too.

Good luck !!!!!:)

I was banded last July. I just had my 7th(?) fill and I now have somewhere around 10cc in a large VG band. I now have restriction. I think it is the sweet spot. Before this last fill, I could eat anything. One thing you have to do, is start exersizing. I have a bum knee so I pedal an exersize bike for at least an hour a day and have averaged between 7 - 10 pounds per month.

what do I tell my surgeon when he says wellI really dont want to do another fill...bc I know thats what hes gonna say

Discuss with your surgeon your goals and concerns.

This is a marathon not a sprint. We have to learn how to not overeat.

Good luck in your journey.

I understand that this is a marathon. I actually don't ALLOw myself to eat more than a cup the prob is I dont feel full and I am hungry 2-3 hrs later....I can't eat that often. Anyway, I never came into this thinking it was going to be easy....Its just the last time I saw my dr he didnt want to do a fill and even though I havent lost any weight I'm afraid he wont want to do another even though I only have 5cc in........