Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved & Ready to go...?!?!

I am not quite sure how I feel...I started to research the lap band about 6-8 weeks ago. Then attended an orientation through the N.E.W. Program, followed by meeting with my primary care physician - who was totally supportive and wrote a referral letter that obviously did the trick...after less than 2 weeks of waiting, I received the call today that I have been approved by my insurance!!!

JUNE 30th is the big day!! I have between now and 6/12 to get all my pre-op done and figure out how I am going to finance the fees that aren't covered by insurance (approx $3500) and then I go on the 2 week pre-surgery diet.

I'm overwhelmed. I thought for some reason, I would be denied the first go around. I geared up for receiving a "no" response followed by a list of reasons. And while I am thrilled, a bit of fear has set in.

My biggest concern is that I am traveling to the U.K. at the end of August - which only allows me 7 weeks to recover. I'm just hoping that is enough time to figure out what the heck I am doing...because I want to enjoy my time in Europe. I'm fairly sure all will be fine, but it's definitely a thought in the back of my head!!!

And I don't want to put it off either...turning 40 in August, this is the best birthday gift I could possibly give to myself!!!

So, I move forward. Preparing for life changes!! And am THRILLED beyond belief!!!! (and scared as heck!!)

Welcome, what an awesome birthday present for yourself! At seven weeks out, you should be fine for traveling. That is great that your insurance has approved the surgery and you are well on your way.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hia nd welcome to LBT. Congratulations on your approval. What a great way to Celebrate turning 40! Good luck with your pre-op testing and please keep us posted on your progress.

It's even more official....I received the insurance letter of approval yesterday, and I guess that kind of seals the deal?! I will do the blood work lab tests next week...and completed the EKG, echo, ultrasound and chest x-ray last week.

I go in on June 12 for the preop consult (have to pay the fees that aren't covered by insurance) and then begin the 2 week preop diet, which I believe is a liquid diet.

I'm in the "my last french fry", "my last cupcake" mode...even though I know realistically, that isn't the right mind frame. My friends are planning my "last meal"...and it's hard not to get excited at the thought. I feel like I've got the angel on one side of my shoulder and the devil on the other!!!

I'm just so very ready for this!!! Now, if I get my acceptance to the grad program I just applied for, everything will really have fallen into place!!!!

Congrats on having a quick journey and to finally getting surgery soon!!!